Suns Las Vegas Summer League 2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vrenz Bleijenbergh will play for the Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League. He is 6'10" and went undrafted last year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gabriel Lundberg is also planning to play for the summer league Suns.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vrenz Bleijenbergh will play for the Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League. He is 6'10" and went undrafted last year.

That dude need a nickname in the worst way. If he makes the team ima just call him V or V dog or Lil V

Looks like he has good handles and control for a bigger dude.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dude need a nickname in the worst way. If he makes the team ima just call him V or V dog or Lil V

Looks like he has good handles and control for a bigger dude.

I like "V" for three!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Vrenz.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Despite the limited sample size and not knowing about the level of competition, the highlights were impressive. He moves really well, can put the ball on the floor, and has a sweet stroke. He'll be interesting to watch in summer league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite the limited sample size and not knowing about the level of competition, the highlights were impressive. He moves really well, can put the ball on the floor, and has a sweet stroke. He'll be interesting to watch in summer league.

I'm glad the Suns are looking at some foreign players. They must have someone scouting for them over there.

This is what NBA Draft Room had to say about him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns are looking at some foreign players. They must have someone scouting for them over there.

This is what NBA Draft Room had to say about him.

If we can, we should sign him before we showcase him in the summer league assuming we have real interest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can, we should sign him before we showcase him in the summer league assuming we have real interest.

I would hope the Suns sign Vrenz to a make good contract but I really don't know how these things work.

Hopefully they would have the inside track to keep him if he plays well.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would hope the Suns sign Vrenz to a make good contract but I really don't know how these things work.

Hopefully they would have the inside track to keep him if he plays well.
At this point I just hope he gets play time. AND that they don't try to make him a Power Forward.
Cam J or Crowder replacement?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I just hope he gets play time. AND that they don't try to make him a Power Forward.
Cam J or Crowder replacement?

I'd be happy to have some young talent to develop who hopefully gets some playing time wherever he fits.

No more fitting square pegs into round holes like Stix.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, let that be somebody else's problem. And apparently they have figured out how to use & play Stix in ways the Suns did not.

And I'm not sure the Suns know what they want.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Louis King who went undrafted in 2019 will play for the summer league Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iffe may have a possible deal overseas. This is disappointing.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Iffe may have a possible deal overseas. This is disappointing.

Every single player sans Vrenz was born in the 90s. We have other team's 2 way contracts on our team.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every single player sans Vrenz was born in the 90s. We have other team's 2 way contracts on our team.

You must be registered for see images attach

I believe that just means where they played last. two-way deals are odd. Once they expire players are restricted free agents but the qualifying offer but I can't find any information on whether Wright was extended QO or not. Sarr did not get one, from what I can tell. OKC has signed 2 other players to Two-Way deals already. So if they wanted him, they would have to give him a full roster spot or cut someone they just signed to a Two-Way deal.

I'm not sure of the deadline either but I'd imagine it's the same as all other restricted free agents, meaning teams would have needed to extended the qualifying offer before free agency started.

Wright is a small PG. BBRef lists him at 6'0 but I see a bunch of pre-draft (2021) listing him at 5'10". He saw very limited minutes for the Wolves, playing in 5 games and less than 18 minutes in total. He averaged 19 & 6 for their G-League team though.

Sarr is a 7 foot Center who saw some minutes for OKC. He played in 22 games, starting 2 and averaging 19 minutes a game. He seems like he might be a legit Two-Way candidate for us. He averaged 7 & 4 with .7 blocks a game and 57% from the field while shooting 45% from 3. He played some in the G-League, posting similar averages but worse from 3, only 19% on 1.6 attempts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found this on Olivier Sarr. It's from an end of the season report card from a Thunder site. He got a C. Seems pretty average. Possible 3rd Center candidate or Two-Way player. Nothing exceptional, nothing great, just ok.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Strawberry? Christmas? We've had enough summer league "standouts" that amounted to less than nothing that I cannot bring myself to pay much attention.

It's really awful basketball.

Dominated by ball hogging guards, desperate for any notoriety. It's really hard to gauge much of anything when wing players and big men are left desperately hoping to catch an ally-oop or perhaps get a chance to dribble because the resident ball hog was force to pass because he got trapped.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns open Las Vegas summer league play on Friday. There is not much excitement surrounding it with a veteran roster with no 2022 draft picks.

The Suns begin Summer League play on Friday and all five games will be televised.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Wainright is presently a free agent.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

The group is headlined by forward Ish Wainright, a two-way signing last year that worked his way into some playing time and a playoff roster spot. Wainright, who was a 27-year-old rookie, is essentially the prototype for what Phoenix is scouting after Wainright played in Belgium and France.

As of writing on Tuesday afternoon, Wainright is a free agent. Speaking of other continents, Wainright just got done in the first round of the 2023 FIBA World Cup African Qualifiers representing Uganda, where he averaged 19.5 points. 8.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game in his first two contests. He was in the process of flying back from Rwanda as the Suns’ summer league team got its third practice underway on Tuesday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson