Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of that stems from what happened with his dad at Texas A&M in the 80s.

His dad felt like he really got screwed over so he's passed that lack of trust in media + others down to his son.

So he carried it over to his coaching and prepping athletes style.

“It has a culture shock,” he said. “I wasn’t mature enough to deal with it at that point in my life.”

Murray enrolled at Texas A&M in January 1983 with plans of playing football, leaving Pikeville and baseball behind. But trouble followed.

I think in some ways his dad has overprotected him.

All of this means nothing if Kyler plays at a high level and wins though.
I was attending A&M during this period. From 1984 to 88. Kevin Murray was a baller. Undoubtedly the best Aggie QB ever at that time. One of the best runs of Cotton Bowls in the history of the program. Including a great game in which the Aggies beat Auburn and Bo Jackson in his Heisman year.

When it came to the NFL blowing off Kevin Murray I didn't get it then. And i still don't.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can't think of a less motivating guy they coulda brought in to talk to the team

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was attending A&M during this period. From 1984 to 88. Kevin Murray was a baller. Undoubtedly the best Aggie QB ever at that time. One of the best runs of Cotton Bowls in the history of the program. Including a great game in which the Aggies beat Auburn and Bo Jackson in his Heisman year.

When it came to the NFL blowing off Kevin Murray I didn't get it then. And i still don't.

Too bad you weren't there to watch Leeland McElroy... haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the tweet that pic is from, for reference.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh that's even worse. He's not at a photoshoot or anything. He's just out and about and that's how he wears his hat.

Without expectations I choose stuff for comfort not appearances. Heck even next to Shane's giant ass I didn't try to seem taller than 5'10. You are assuming he cares more than you do about his height

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh that's even worse. He's not at a photoshoot or anything. He's just out and about and that's how he wears his hat.

Without expectations I choose stuff for comfort not appearances. Heck even next to Shane's giant ass I didn't try to seem taller than 5'10. You are assuming he cares more than you do about his height
Lol my guess is he wasn’t wearing a hat when he entered the facility, probably just put it on for some photos lol. Is this what it’s come to judging KM on his hat wearing in a photo op?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kyler hat controversy has me giggling. I know it’s not a big deal, nor is anyone making it out to be, but the fact that there’s even three posts about it just screams that we are officially in the dead period of sports.

It’s gonna be a looooooong five weeks until training camp.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT:

For those who might have interest, the NBA Draft is on Thursday, June 23rd at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Round 1 is on ABC and ESPN

Round 2 is on ESPN

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ex-NFL GM Takes Shots at Cardinals’ Kyler Murray Amid Contract Dispute​

Former Executive Questions Murray

On his podcast, “The GM Shuffle”, Michael Lombardi, a former NFL executive, sounded off on how he thinks Murray lacks quality skills.

“I was reminded when Budda Baker got injured like everybody ran on the field to see Budda, because I guess it was a really bad injury. But if you go back and look, the only guy who didn’t was Kyler Murray,” Lombardi said. “How does that show leadership? How are you in such a rush to give this guy all this money, when you know he’s never been, I mean, go back to Oklahoma and you can ask anybody. I am not against Kyler Murray, I think the guy is sensational when he’s on the move. I’m talking about him as a leader and when you give this guy all the money you’ve got to get more than just good play on the field. You’ve got to get leadership. You’ve got to get the things that matter most and I don’t know if he is going to endear himself to his teammates.”

Lombardi argued that the Cardinals should not give Murray a contract that would make him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL.

“You talk to some of his teammates at Oklahoma. You talk to some that were in the elite eight with him. You talk to anybody who has been on the Cardinals, the backup quarterbacks at Arizona and they are like, he doesn’t even acknowledge them. He doesn’t even acknowledge their presence. To me, he plays like a baseball player. Baseball players, they worry about their average . . . But when you are the quarterback of a team, you’ve got to be able to build unity and camaraderie with your teammates. I don’t see it.”

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What part/play in the game is this answer in reference to? What was the question? Cause this sounds like the ultimate, "my guys let me down" with a convenient "We need to do better" in there to make it seem as though he has some accountability.

Man, this kid can be electric. But right now, as of 3 years and three games, I am finding it VERY hard to believe he will ever do anything other than tantalize the crap out of you, and then not be able to finish the job. Two plays yesterday, and Im one who believes hes smart avoiding contact for the most part, really pissed me off. The deep throw away that was nearly picked from his back foot, while fading away and turtling to avoid AD, and the slide in bounds. GD it, its just so so so very not a good look for a football player. I honestly cannot remember a player more contact avoidant in my life. And I just cant imagine watching 5 more years of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose