The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series is Curry’s finest moment in the league. He’s been sensational in the Finals.

He's so good that I think people take for granted some of the 3's he makes. The announcers are like you can't make that mistake and give him that open a look and you see the replay and Smart or White or whoever are literally inches away from blocking the shot and he just rips it.

Seems like everytime R Williams comes otu the Warriors make a run, his rim protection is such a difference maker. I guess the knee is still a thing because he had 0 fouls so unless he just can't physically play more than 31 minutes he should have

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone is tracking it Steph has to be over 32 PPG in the purple shoes this postseason. One of the games I think Denver he changed shoes at halftime and lit it up in the purple.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This playoff series could almost cure my love for the game.

The referees are not calling fouls inside forcing it to become a 3-point shooting contest. Players can be bludgeoned inside without a call. There is not much need for big men when a team can foul with impunity.

I do not like the direction of the new NBA.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh was pulling for Boston hope they w next gm vs dub nation lol

But curry Def a hof legit player take notes book

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score

The referees are not calling fouls inside forcing it to become a 3-point shooting contest. Players can be bludgeoned inside without a call. There is not much need for big men when a team can foul with impunity.

Well said.
Such a disparity in the way things are called. I cannot forget all the touch fouls against CP3 while he was getting roughed up on every possession in the game he fouled out to obviously stretch the series. If those type calls were made in the Celtics/Warriors series, there would be no player left to finish the game! The NBA has to figure out what a foul really is, call it the same way in regular season as playoffs, and call it the same way for all teams at all times with no superstar treatment.
I can only dream.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Points scored this series through 4 games. Warriors 422, Celtics 421. Doesn't get much closer than that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some of the calls and no calls are just insane. In the 4th quarter there's a play in game 4 where Poole drives to the right to the rim and Jayson Tatum tries to come over to protect the rim. But Draymond just grabs him and holds him so he can't, not the jersey, which he got called for the prior game, but just wrapped him up. Tatum oversold it but it was CLEARLY a foul, and the ref right there didn't call it and Poole got the layup. That screen on drives happens all the time, Steven Adams is the best in history at doing it, but mostly legal, what Draymond did there's no excuse for a ref to miss.

That said look at Steph in any closeup and see all the scratches on his arms and shoulders and you realize how much he's being held

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Williams questionable tonight with the knee, allegedly will try to play but they're not sure he can

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You know, I tend to agree.

I feel like too many 3's are being shot now. It's just not nearly as exciting everytime down the court for someone to just stop and jack up a 3.

A lot of skill is not being used, and the strategy goes out the window if that is what it is becomming, and yet, I'm not exactly sure what can be done to fix it at this point.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Udoka said he does not think how they are defending Curry, drop coverage, is a problem at all. He said if their offense was more consistent they'd be up 3-1. as would the Warriors if they had not fallen apart in game 1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Williams is available for Celtics.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I tend to agree.

I feel like too many 3's are being shot now. It's just not nearly as exciting everytime down the court for someone to just stop and jack up a 3.

A lot of skill is not being used, and the strategy goes out the window if that is what it is becomming, and yet, I'm not exactly sure what can be done to fix it at this point.
Move the 3 point line back 18 inches and do away with the corner shot altogether.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Curry averaging 34 points per game through four games in this finals. Klay Thompson and Andrew Wiggins combined averaging 33 points per game in the series so far

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet…that would be advantage: Warriors.
Probably. But it would have a huge impact on the spacing of the court so even Curry might find it tougher to get open looks. I know he doesn't need much room but it would also be easier to design defenses geared towards forcing the ball out of his hands if they didn't have to pay as much attention to corner shooters.