And we finally know the AJ Green story?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Says he left 1000 yards on the field last year combination of not knowing the full offense and then coming back from Covid he just wasn't the same guy. I asked about the Covid thing several times there were several games where after he came back you could see him taking plays off where he just looked gassed, turns out he was.

“I left 1,000 yards on the field. I feel like the first half of the season I played well and the second half coming back from COVID hurt me from a fatigue factor. I wasn’t as sharp and didn’t have the same attention to detail.”

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DJ looked bad after coming back too. It's hit everyone differently. I remember my first workout after my bout. It was 7 minutes on my bike trainer at level 1 and I was gassed.

Miles Garrett was really bad after.

I agree..never been a smoker, but first few workouts post Covid I’d imagine how that’s what it feels like it from smoker friends that always expressed the lung pain when working out. I will say it didn’t take more than a week or 2 to get back to previous stated cardio. Def could be different folks and I surely wasn’t working out as intense as pro athletes.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I will say it didn’t take more than a week or 2 to get back to previous stated cardio. Def could be different folks and I surely wasn’t working out as intense as pro athletes.

my covid symptoms were mild and only lasted maybe four days -- but the fatigue lasted three more weeks in varying degrees -- and workouts were a grind

now imagine a world class athlete: at that level, a 5% difference in performance is a giant gap.

you or i wouldnt notice such a change. i think it would matter and be noticeable for an NFL player

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Covid in January and it's only been in the last month or so that I am feeling fully normal. And, I didn't even have it that bad. That first month of going back to the gym i could only do 15 to 30 minutes of very light stuff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I had Covid in December 2020, before the vaccine was made available. Being in my 60’s and being asthmatic, I didn’t hesitate to have the antibodies treatment. Probably saved my life. Even with the antibodies, it took me a full year to fully recover. And that was by adding a couple of meds to my daily list to keep my lungs open. Granted I’m much older, but I was in good shape at the time, so I don’t question it a for a second that even these professional athletes struggled.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
From my perspective, I can't understand athletes who aren't going way out of their way to protect themselves.

If Green had 1,100 yards and 8 TDs, he probably signs for $10 million.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
From my perspective, I can't understand athletes who aren't going way out of their way to protect themselves.

If Green had 1,100 yards and 8 TDs, he probably signs for $10 million.
How do we know they aren't, or at least that AJ didn't? My family had done everything possible, but we finally got covid a month ago. It came from my daughter's high school...because most parents are no longer reporting positive cases and sending their kids to school sick, like it's just a cold. So my daughter got it and within 10 days we all had it, with varying symptoms.

I won't lay any blame on someone, unless I see proof of wrong doing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we know they aren't, or at least that AJ didn't? My family had done everything possible, but we finally got covid a month ago. It came from my daughter's high school...because most parents are no longer reporting positive cases and sending their kids to school sick, like it's just a cold. So my daughter got it and within 10 days we all had it, with varying symptoms.

I won't lay any blame on someone, unless I see proof of wrong doing.

Yeah… unless the guy is going out clubbing and putting himself in harm’s way unprotected, if you’ve got kids or go to a job that works in person, you’d have to be practically wrapped in a plastic bubble at this point not to get it, even with vanccination at this point with Omicron being able to slice through the way it does.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Green went from pleasant surprise to mostly unreliable as the season went on. Some convenient excuses, but hopefully he's better this year! :koolaid:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1000 yards? We expect this version of AJ Green to have had 1848 yards last year? Gimme a break. At least be realistic.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think he meant he left a 1,000 yard season on the field -- i.e. the diff between 848 and 1,000 (at least, thats how i understood it )
I think Linda being so literal all of the time is rubbing off on me. That makes a lot more sense.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1000 yards? We expect this version of AJ Green to have had 1848 yards last year? Gimme a break. At least be realistic.

Of course he's exaggerating on that, I was mainly referring to the Covid part of it. I thought it was apparent watching him play something was wrong,

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the same people who took down Madison Cawthorn. If it goes like that, they are just getting started with Boebert.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose