Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No update on the Robert Sarver investigation by the NBA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about just wrap it up after we win the championship? MmmK?

Wrap it up at the podium when handing over the trophy. Tell Sarver to hit the bricks and hand the O'Brien to Monty.

Can you imagine how much more the team would sell for coming off a championship win? I'd think they'd be at an all time and there would be a few billionaires interested in placing bids.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could this be just the beginning?

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Reading the ESPN article, a lot of that stuff was horrific to read. As someone who works in tech and has friends who’ve complained to HR about sexual innuendo and racial abuse, I wonder how this process shakes out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not much of an update but new nonetheless. Silver says the Sarver investigation is nearing it's conclusion.

Here's a quote...

“No, no update other than we’re getting close to the end,” Silver told Yahoo Sports. “There’s no question about it. It’s a complex investigation. There are hundreds of people who are involved and need to be interviewed. And we also want to make sure we protect the rights of everyone involved.

“So these things by nature, I know what frustrates people, do seem to take a lot of time, but we’re certainly getting very close to the end."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of an update but new nonetheless. Silver says the Sarver investigation is nearing it's conclusion.

Here's a quote...

“No, no update other than we’re getting close to the end,” Silver told Yahoo Sports. “There’s no question about it. It’s a complex investigation. There are hundreds of people who are involved and need to be interviewed. And we also want to make sure we protect the rights of everyone involved.

“So these things by nature, I know what frustrates people, do seem to take a lot of time, but we’re certainly getting very close to the end."
He said something quite similar a couple of months ago.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sarver would appeal a potential forced sale. This will drag on regardless.

Donald Sterling didn’t have much of a case because he was a known slumlord and was caught on tape saying inappropriate stuff.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Donald Sterling didn’t have much of a case because he was a known slumlord and was caught on tape saying inappropriate stuff.
Unless the ownership forces him out. As I understand it, the ownership group can also force a change.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless the ownership forces him out. As I understand it, the ownership group can also force a change.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still keeps his ownership stake but loses his seat as managing partner or whatever it's called. I don't think he could appeal that and he might just sell his stake at that point but I don't care much about that. He needs to be stripped of his power over the team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it depends on the owners, if they tell him he's out I don't think he has much choice but to go. But I think he'd have already been forced out if it were going to happen.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I believe the investigation will almost clear him but the owners will suggest that for the good of the league and the franchise he should fall on his sword and step down voluntarily.

And you're right about Sterling, that was a whole different situation. They didn't need to search for evidence, they had decades of it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the owners, if they tell him he's out I don't think he has much choice but to go. But I think he'd have already been forced out if it were going to happen.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I believe the investigation will almost clear him but the owners will suggest that for the good of the league and the franchise he should fall on his sword and step down voluntarily.

And you're right about Sterling, that was a whole different situation. They didn't need to search for evidence, they had decades of it.

The other owners of the Suns may be waiting for the results and justification from the NBA investigation to force Sarver out if it warrants such action.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other owners of the Suns may be waiting for the results and justification from the NBA investigation to force Sarver out if it warrants such action.
I'm sorry, I didn't make that clear. I was talking about the NBA owners, not his fellow Suns owners. But yeah, I could easily see him voted out even if the NBA decides action isn't warranted. No matter the results of that investigation, his behavior has embarrassed the franchise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't make that clear. I was talking about the NBA owners, not his fellow Suns owners. But yeah, I could easily see him voted out even if the NBA decides action isn't warranted. No matter the results of that investigation, his behavior has embarrassed the franchise.

I would hope the other owners of the Suns could force Sarver out if the results merit. If it comes down to the league stripping him of power it could get litigious if it's not clear cut.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know if this has been posted already but was scrolling through YouTube and found this video from a Progressive channel covering the Sarver drama from this past March.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing ain't happening
Sarver's lawyers are just waiting.
Would have heard something leaked by now with all the allegations.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Im sorry, i cant take anything from a group that calls themselves The Young Turks seriously.
Yeah it's Not about the channel but if this much information Is out there and spreading around that even political Channels are bringing it up and making topics then it really looks bad on the league and the suns assuming all this is legit information. Aside from the Sarver asking people if he "owned them" I had not heard of some of the stuff claimed in this one and with 70 sources I tend not to dismiss this stuff easily. I always despised Sarver but now him being gone can't come soon enough. If something were to be done I expect it to be a bit after the finals so no stain on it during the leagues biggest moments.