Jeff Gladney Passed Away RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In reality, if she is not his wife or the mother of his child... the team does not owe her family financially, but I dig your compassion too because she had a life and soul like all of us
But if his reckless driving was the reason of the accident and she died for it?
Everybody probably did something stupid with a car, especially at his age, but she was totally innocent

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But if his reckless driving was the reason of the accident and she died for it?
Everybody probably did something stupid with a car, especially at his age, but she was totally innocent
I get where you're coming from Juza and the whole thing is totally unfortunate and horrid, but as Shane attested to, it has nothing to do with the Cardinals and what they are responsible for

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how is that the teams problem?
Right? If anything I could see her family filing a civil suit for wrongful death against his estate, but in reality, she was a willing passenger and knew the risks and anything like that should be tossed out as frivolous.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? If anything I could see her family filing a civil suit for wrongful death against his estate, but in reality, she was a willing passenger and knew the risks and anything like that should be tossed out as frivolous.
Yes. And saying she’s innocent is silly. Nobody truly knows. She could have absolutely influenced him to be driving that way. I have pulled over countless cars and the female in the passenger seat “sorry officer I asked him to drive fast I like it when we go fast I like the sound of the engine and the feel” men do a lot of stupid **** because some of their women want them to… lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. And saying she’s innocent is silly. Nobody truly knows. She could have absolutely influenced him to be driving that way. I have pulled over countless cars and the female in the passenger seat “sorry officer I asked him to drive fast I like it when we go fast I like the sound of the engine and the feel” men do a lot of stupid **** because some of their women want them to… lol
You’re a officer?

Ah, lol, everything makes sense now.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Now this is a true statement.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Did they sort out yet who was the driver? I recall authorities saying they hadn't determine that yet. If her family files a suit I would imagine they would go after Gladney estate. Suing the team would seem a stretch, however any lawyer I have talked to always said you go after the deepest pockets and name as many defendants as possible.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What Happens To A Player's Money If He Dies While Under Contract?

In the NFL, a player's death is treated just like a release or trade. His salary ends and any bonuses that were paid to the player but not yet charged to the salary cap are brought forward as a charge against the cap. When the Redskins' Sean Taylor was killed in 2007, his signing bonus charges were counted on the team's 2008 salary cap book.

Except that it was stated at the time of his signing that his season one salary was guaranteed. What that means precisely, I don't know - but it's included in his Cap hit for 2022 on Spotrac.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If it's deemed that Gladney was at the wheel and speeding and/or contravening the law in any way, her family most certainly has a case as she cannot give consent to an illegal act.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of officers, period. Regardless of who there are.
You can have issues with the conduct of the profession and not judge every individual.

I called the police about a DV situation in my apartment complex on Sunday night, and two Anaheim police officers came and they were extremely professional and gave a crap about the situation. The guy who committed the DV was a coward and wouldn't come out of his apartment, so ultimately, they couldn't do anything about it, but the officers really cared.

From everything I've seen @Shane has always been one of the good guys of the profession, not the thugs in blue that some cops end up being.

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of officers, period. Regardless of who there are.
Strange comment. I would venture to guess that you don't know any personally. My brother is a LEO. Close to 40 years now. I've met quite a few of his co-workers & most are pretty cool guys when they are not wearing their uniforms.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange comment. I would venture to guess that you don't know any personally. My brother is a LEO. Close to 40 years now. I've met quite a few of his co-workers & most are pretty cool guys when they are not wearing their uniforms.
Bunk…. I was a cool guy in or out of uniform :) I take great pride that I went 24 years without a single discourtesy complaint…..

Status
Not open for further replies.