2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Luka will continue to make anyone look almost competent, but a loss to the Mavs for sure.

They need to wakeup like Milwaukee did or else they will continue to tread water with a very limited coach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quin Synder is expected to step down from Jazz as head coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell reportedly unsettled by Quin Synder's departure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d trade ayton + expiring contract filler for Mitchell

Sign me up but I don't think the salaries work in a sign and trade. Maybe down the road.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't fathom how horrible our defense would be if we lost Ayton AND added Donovan Mitchell. We might have to average 150 points a game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sign me up but I don't think the salaries work in a sign and trade. Maybe down the road.

For Spida? If they traded him that means they kept Rudy they wouldn’t want Ayton. I’m not a fan of his but I get it

I’d trade Paul for him but who plays point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Spida? He’s the last thing we need. He’s not a leader he’s never improved he’s the same player he was three years ago. He’s a high volume chucker

If Booker and Mitchell could coexist, the Suns back court would be exciting. It's better than a lot of other trade ideas I have seen.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitchell doesn't play defense and has a bad habit of totally ignoring teammates on offense.

Other than drive Booker insane, I don't know what he would really do here.

Gobert is the driving force of that team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He constantly has that look of being both hungover and strung out while knowing his wife is cheating on him. Literally never seen an ounce of joy from him.
I’ve always told my dad he looks like a serial killer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's starting to look like Mathew Mcconaghey in that movie where he was really skinny.
He constantly has that look of being both hungover and strung out while knowing his wife is cheating on him. Literally never seen an ounce of joy from him.
I’ve always told my dad he looks like a serial killer.

Ha!

I don't recall if I posted it here but during the 1st round I said several times he looks like a lawyer in a Mob movie who is in over his head.

In the playoffs last year Kingsbury looked like he was auditioning for the same role.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ha!

I don't recall if I posted it here but during the 1st round I said several times he looks like a lawyer in a Mob movie who is in over his head.

In the playoffs last year Kingsbury looked like he was auditioning for the same role.
He could be Frank Nitti:

“He squealed like a stuck Irish pig.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Griffin of the Pelicans says Zion Williamson is a max player. He is eligible for a 5 year/ $181 million max rookie extension this summer

From ESPN:

"It's not a big decision, it's a pretty easy decision," Griffin said of offering the former Duke star a max extension. "The kid's historically good when he plays ... this is a max player, that's easy."

Griffin did note, however, that the team would need to protect itself in some way against the risk of injuries.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
David Griffin of the Pelicans says Zion Williamson is a max player.

From ESPN:

"It's not a big decision, it's a pretty easy decision," Griffin said of offering the former Duke star a max extension. "The kid's historically good when he plays ... this is a max player, that's easy."

Griffin did note, however, that the team would need to protect itself in some way against the risk of injuries.

LOL

I can't even begin to fathom how much money they are going to lose if they max him. Yikes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

I can't even begin to fathom how much money they are going to lose if they max him. Yikes.

Zion may balk at putting injury clauses in his contract. It might look similar to the contract of Michael Porter Jr.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose