Is JJ Right to be Upset?

Is JJ Right to be Upset?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
(Bringing my Celiac Disease into yet another thread)

One thing that I've learned is that most of the food I can't eat any more, I shouldn't be eating anyway.

(Yay I guess.)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Places like Winchells have several usually with apple, cherry, blueberry. They also have seasonal ones at times. (pumpkin) Winchells aren't the greatest place for fritters, but they do make lots of them.

We haven’t had one in Arizona in ages.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We haven’t had one in Arizona in ages.
There is one on Main Street and maybe Country Club?? in Mesa.

A Google Search found one at 1345 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ as well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is one on Main Street and maybe Country Club?? in Mesa.

A Google Search found one at 1345 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ as well.

Long gone bud. I grew up by the one in Mesa.

There’s a documentary called Donut King and part of it is about how a bunch of Asian immigrants used the Winchells training program to learn the business and then they pretty much killed them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Long gone bud. I grew up by the one in Mesa.

There’s a documentary called Donut King and part of it is about how a bunch of Asian immigrants used the Winchells training program to learn the business and then they pretty much killed them.
In Orange County there are essentially no more donut chains anymore. All singly owned Asian donut shops.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The National Apple Harvest Festival in Biglerville, PA has insanely good apple fritters too. We used to go every year. They made absolutely anything where an apple was involved.
When I coached boys high school soccer at The Milton Hershey school we would bring Hershey bars down to Biglerville when we played there and they would bring apples when they played us in Hershey. Our season was in the Fall so it worked out nicely.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s a great family owned Donut shop in the York, PA area called Maple Donuts. It has completely made Dunkin Donuts irrelevant. My son went to school with the owner’s grandson & whenever we had a sleepover with the kids, we always somehow ended up with dozens of free donuts.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Bringing my Celiac Disease into yet another thread)

One thing that I've learned is that most of the food I can't eat any more, I shouldn't be eating anyway.

(Yay I guess.)
I don't know whether to "Like" this, "Laugh" at this, or "Sad Face" this.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There’s a great family owned Donut shop in the York, PA area called Maple Donuts. It has completely made Dunkin Donuts irrelevant. My son went to school with the owner’s grandson & whenever we had a sleepover with the kids, we always somehow ended up with dozens of free donuts.
I always went to the one in Etters right off of I-83. Their donuts were ginormous and tasted good too.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would have bet on NE PA being one of the oldest Polish settlements, however I checked and the first Polish settlement was in Luzerne county in 1868 in the town of Nanticoke. For those that may have an interest, here is a link to the Polish settlement in PA and a bit on Polish coal miners. Having grown up in the area I always had an interest in it's history and particularly the coal mine industry.

Polish Miners in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania

Also a link to one of the biggest mine disasters and the one that started the decline of King Coal in the area. The video is 5-1/2 minutes long.

Knox Mining Disaster

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson