Amber Heard vs. Johnny Depp

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jerry Bruckheimer sure sounded like in his last interview they were moving on from Depp. Also, based on Depp's testimony he basically said the relationship is done with Disney and he will never work for them again. I would say if he isn't ever attached to any major movies again and toils with parts in smaller properties and for the rest of his life has to face those accusations? Yes.
You're really all-in on your Johnny Depp support. More power to you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're really all-in on your Johnny Depp support. More power to you.
I didn’t get that from @Covert Rain at all. I think he’s just showing why he disagrees with you and providing them reasons he thinks Depp also sustained heavy damage during the course of this whole affair.

That said, I’ll be shocked if he’s not given big roles again. Maybe not big franchise fair, but smaller things until this fades from public consciousness that gets him bigger roles in the future. Might be a bit like it was for Mel Gibson, but it‘ll likely happen.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t get that from @Covert Rain at all. I think he’s just showing why he disagrees with you and providing them reasons he thinks Depp also sustained heavy damage during the course of this whole affair.
This. I said, Johnny is no saint. I said his exposed drug abuse, his toxic interactions with Amber forever burst the bubble of his persona. His part in all this damaged his career and reputation forever. All I am saying is that there is nothing about that that screams "free pass". I mean look at this thread?! Despite the evidence, lack of charges and winning his case there are still people that don't believe him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This. I said, Johnny is no saint. I said his exposed drug abuse, his toxic interactions with Amber forever burst the bubble of his persona. His part in all this damaged his career and reputation forever. All I am saying is that there is nothing about that that screams "free pass". I mean look at this thread? Despite the evidence, lack of charges and winning his case there are still people that don't believe him.
Your tone makes it sound like you feel sorry for him that he is permanently damaged. I just don't think that permanent damage will prove to be too damaging in the near future. Men always win these battles, and it's a shame.

Both these people appear to be abusers, but it's been terribly one-sided. And frankly not surprising that so many people have sided with the man. Probably because of who he is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your tone makes it sound like you feel sorry for him that he is permanently damaged. I just don't think that permanent damage will prove to be too damaging in the near future. Men always win these battles, and it's a shame.

Both these people appear to be abusers, but it's been terribly one-sided. And frankly not surprising that so many people have sided with the man. Probably because of who he is.
It's funny because your tone sounded like you are one of the ones that don't believe all the evidence and the Jury conclusions. I was only pointing out facts. Also, that's not fair to assume that everyone is siding with Johhny simply because he is a man or because of his celebrity. There have been plenty of women advocates of abuse that have come down on his side believing the same thing that Jury did about Amber. I would say with the me too movement the pendulum has been swinging the other way but has a way to go (i.e. Harvey Weinstein etc.). This case was different for a reason and I don't care about his celebrity of if he was a man. I followed the evidence.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's funny because your tone sounded like you are one of the ones that don't believe all the evidence and the Jury conclusions. I was only pointing out facts. Also, that's not fair to assume that everyone is siding with Johhny simply because he is a man or because of his celebrity. There have been plenty of women advocates of abuse that have come down on his side believing the same thing that Jury did about Amber. I would say with the me too movement the pendulum has been swinging the other way but has a way to go (i.e. Harvey Weinstein etc.). This case was different for a reason.
Not sure what that means, as I don't feel sorry for him at all. I feel sorry for the millions of women that suffer abuse that are hurt by this verdict, regardless of Amber Heard's situation. And also because of everyone mansplaining why Johnny Depp is the innocent victim here (not referring to you specifically there).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what that means, as I don't feel sorry for him at all. I feel sorry for the millions of women that suffer abuse that are hurt by this verdict, regardless of Amber Heard's situation. And also because of everyone mansplaining why Johnny Depp is the innocent victim here (not referring to you specifically there).
I am saying your tone sounds like you don't believe the evidence, the lack of charges or the Jury conclusion. Your tone sounds like you made up your mind regardless. No women were hurt by this verdict if Amber was lying, and it appears she was. In fact, it's the opposite. Amber heard trying to co-opt me too and lying undermines real physical abuse victims. I feel sorry for them. Multiple women abuse advocates have echoed the same sentiment. Again, not saying Depp was a saint by any means in that relationship but there is a grand canyon of difference between being a participant in a toxic relationship and the things Amber accused him off. That's all I am saying.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Chap---- she took a dump on his bed and beat him mentally and physically. There does exist strange and cruel people in the world, she is one of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am saying your tone sounds like you don't believe the evidence, the lack of charges or the Jury conclusion. Your tone sounds like you made up your mind regardless. No women were hurt by this verdict if Amber was lying, and it appears she was. In fact, it's the opposite. Amber heard trying to co-opt me too and lying undermines real physical abuse victims. I feel sorry for them. Multiple women abuse advocates have echoed the same sentiment. Again, not saying Depp was a saint by any means in that relationship but there is a grand canyon of difference between being a participant in a toxic relationship and the things Amber accused him off. That's all I am saying.
It doesn’t matter if she was lying, the public attention on this changes that. The man won. The man who is clearly an abuser. Now, this case is about defamation and there may be merit in the verdict being in Johnny’s favor. However, this trial has taken on a bigger aura. Whether you agree with that or not, that’s your prerogative, but it’s more than just defamation at this point and there will be consequences.

Making it public was a terrible idea.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if she was lying, the public attention on this changes that. The man won. The man who is clearly an abuser. Now, this case is about defamation and there may be merit in the verdict being in Johnny’s favor. However, this trial has taken on a bigger aura. Whether you agree with that or not, that’s your prerogative, but it’s more than just defamation at this point and there will be consequences.

Making it public was a terrible idea.
Yes it does matter. Because it undermines real physical abuse victims. I will echo was some women advocates have said about this case. When a woman falsely accuses a man, it's proven she did, it puts doubt in other claims about real physical abuse and hurts any progress made. I am not denying it could have some of the opposite intended effect as well.

The other side of this coin you seem to have skipped? Men are abuse victims too. What this case also does is encourage men who are abuse victims to come forward. It encourages them to forget about appearing "weak". If more real abuse victims come forward that hardly a bad idea. If it exposed her lies, manipulation and sent a message to those that make false accusations that there are consequences that's not a bad idea.

It's your prerogative to see the other side of this or not but there is definitely good and bad that will result from all of this.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So every abuse allegation against a man MUST be true? And if the woman is lying, it is better to wrongfully convict a man?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So every abuse allegation against a man MUST be true? And if the woman is lying, it is better to wrongfully convict a man?
Come on Jon. You know me better than that. I haven’t once said that Amber is a saint. But thanks for reducing me to that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Jon. You know me better than that. I haven’t once said that Amber is a saint. But thanks for reducing me to that.
Now you know how I feel about your "all in for Johnny" comment. ;)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but you keep claiming that this verdict will be horrible for millions of women. Heard lied. Is Depp a saint? Nope. But that wasn't up for debate.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at the tone and position that many are taking on this one. Depp is clearly an abusive addict. Heard may not be a saint, but Depp is a wreck.
I think the evidence clearly showed that Heard is an abusive addict and lied through her teeth. Johnny might not be a saint, but Heard is clearly the bigger wreck. I don't doubt there was plenty of verbal abuse in that relationship but the evidence doesn't back Heard's claims of physical abuse. However, there was evidence that showed Heard physically abused Depp. I will follow the facts presented by the Police and what was shown at trial. I won't push emotion into it. If something else comes to light like past girlfriends or something I would definitely reconsider. Mutal verbal abuse and physical abuse are two different things even though I won't dismiss either.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think the evidence clearly showed that Heard is an abusive addict and lied through her teeth.
Johnny might not be a saint, but Heard is clearly the bigger wreck.
It's incredible that you've come to that conclusion that one is a bigger wreck than the other.
I don't doubt there was plenty of verbal abuse in that relationship but the evidence doesn't back Heard's claims of physical abuse.
This is just an absurd claim. There are multiple instances of abuse and it's been widely documented. Depp has a bad temper, and has exhibited violent outbursts. To think that Depp never physically abused Heard is very odd.
If something else comes to light like past girlfriends or something I would definitely reconsider.
Dude, it took me 10 seconds to google...http://www.kyrackramer.com/2020/07/01/johnny-depps-history-of-violence/

Depp has a long history of substance abuse and physical violence. Even if you don't like Heard, it's really hard to believe that Depp didn't abuse her.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's incredible that you've come to that conclusion that one is a bigger wreck than the other.

This is just an absurd claim. There are multiple instances of abuse and it's been widely documented. Depp has a bad temper, and has exhibited violent outbursts. To think that Depp never physically abused Heard is very odd.

Dude, it took me 10 seconds to google...http://www.kyrackramer.com/2020/07/01/johnny-depps-history-of-violence/

Depp has a long history of substance abuse and physical violence. Even if you don't like Heard, it's really hard to believe that Depp didn't abuse her.
Yet you appeared to do the same. Your assertions are absurd. She changed, contradicted stories, the police said there was no evidence. She got caught lying multiple times on the stand. The link you sent is not even remotely the same thing. Him being a total jerk and fighting with people is not the same thing as abusing a woman physically. I had a buddy who when he was drunk fought everyone at the bar. He not once ever got physical with a woman. Tell me, why is it the defense could not come up with a single previous incident during both trials from previous relationships? Why have his exes came out saying he never was physically abusive? People who beat women don't pick and choose who they will beat. It's a pattern. A pattern the defense couldn't establish with any of his exes.

I never said Depp wasn't verbally abusive and didn't participate in that toxicity between the two. Never said he wasn't a jerk. Never said he wasn't obnoxious drug abuser. I am no Depp fan boy. It's not like I am going to mourn his career if he never does another thing. It won't impact me one bit if either of them end up with tanked careers. IMO they were likely both abusive in their own ways. There is MORE than enough evidence she was lying on the stand and a jury of the peers not to mention the law agree.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yet you appeared to do the same.
Do what? I'm jumping to no conclusions other than both people are likely awful. You're convinced she's the devil.
She changed, contradicted stories, the police said there was no evidence.
NO EVIDENCE OF WHAT? Are you seriously arguing there is no evidence of physical or verbal abuse on the part of Depp?
Him being a total jerk and fighting with people is not the same thing as abusing a woman physically.
You don't think there is a connection between general violence and domestic abuse?
I had a buddy who when he was drunk fought everyone at the bar. He not once ever got physical with a woman.
I guess you answered my question - because you had a buddy that was a drunk jerk, but never hit women, that's probably what Depp did!
I am no Depp fan boy.
Yet you devote post after post defending him and attacking her.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do what? I'm jumping to no conclusions other than both people are likely awful. You're convinced she's the devil.
You said she was no saint but Depp was a wreck. That seemed to be downplaying what she is a directing most of it towards Depp. That's what it looked liked. Also, obviously you have not read what I wrote. I have never absolved Depp of all wrong doing. Said the opposite. I am calling her out for lying which was proven in abundance during the trial. If she had stuck to Depp being verbally and emotionally abusive (which I have no doubt) and not been caught herself being physically abusive I wouldn't have a problem with her taking him down one bit. Feeling she should be held accountable for lying and her own physical abuse is not the same thing as absolving Depp for his role.
NO EVIDENCE OF WHAT? Are you seriously arguing there is no evidence of physical or verbal abuse on the part of Depp?
According to the police, on several of the alleged incidents they found not evidence of abuse. One cop testified she appeared to stage an entire incident. The police declined to press any charges because of the lack of evidence. Facts. The two big pictures the defense presented as evidence during the trial were clearly doctored and the same photo. She lied about it.
You don't think there is a connection between general violence and domestic abuse?

I guess you answered my question - because you had a buddy that was a drunk jerk, but never hit women, that's probably what Depp did!
Sure there is but one doesn't always equal the other. My brothers and I used to beat the crap out of each other when we were young. We have never touched our wives. I and plenty of my friends participating in violent sports our entire lives. Not all violence automatically leads to another. You can't make that leap automatically even if there is correlation. Yet you just did the same thing. A person beats the crap out of another when using drugs/alcohol ....therefore he must be a wife beater. What?!?!
Yet you devote post after post defending him and attacking her.
Where did I ever defend him being verbally abusive? Where did I defend him being a jerk, being a drug abuser or absolve him in his role in the toxic relationship? Where? I have called him out. I have also said, I don't care if either one of them acts again. No sweat off my back. Neither appears to be a great person at all.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny Depp = *******
Amber Heard = *******

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads