OT Javon Kinlaw having an interesting OTA

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I work in Santa Clara and live in Santa Clara literally right down the street from the stadium

So pretty much all the stars on the team came out in support of Kinlaw and unnamed sources are mad at him

Right.
Im not judging the player on the field (even if in his rookie season he showed some flashes despite sack production) but from what i could get from this thread the dude(journalist) is an a.. hole
U can criticize the player but he went too personal

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in Santa Clara and live in Santa Clara literally right down the street from the stadium

So pretty much all the stars on the team came out in support of Kinlaw and unnamed sources are mad at him

Right.

if you watch channel 5 news they've been talking about it for 2 days now there are members of the team who think this is just another sign that Kinlaw is too immature.

Lynch set up a meeting in his office with Cohn and Kinlaw. They shook hands. After the meeting Cohn said it was squashed, then Kinlaw went online and said he only shook his hand because the organization told him he had to, it's not squashed.

Everyone seems to dislike Cohn.

we might be neighbors I live a few blocks from the stadium my girlfriend works right off Great America Parkway.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
100% wrong pretty much all the 49er players came out in support of Kinlaw

Apparently this dude is super disrespectful. One thing a lot of sports fans forget is that before these guys are athletes they are grown Men. This ain’t bullying he picked the fight with Kinlaw.

I’ve seen some disgusting stuff said here over the years that wouldn’t be said to these guys faces. Listen you got the right to say whatever you want but if you get pressed about it I don’t wanna see you acting like a little girl talking bout ima sue you.
Bad take. I don't care what someone says about you in the media, you aren't ever coming out of something like this looking anything other than like a bullying jerk. It's a no-win situation for Kinlaw.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad take. I don't care what someone says about you in the media, you aren't ever coming out of something like this looking anything other than like a bullying jerk. It's a no-win situation for Kinlaw.

He’s a YouTuber who’s dad got him his credentials and is ridiculously unprofessional and insulting.

Like I said you can say whatever you want but don’t act like a tough guy if you ain’t one.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if you watch channel 5 news they've been talking about it for 2 days now there are members of the team who think this is just another sign that Kinlaw is too immature.

Lynch set up a meeting in his office with Cohn and Kinlaw. They shook hands. After the meeting Cohn said it was squashed, then Kinlaw went online and said he only shook his hand because the organization told him he had to, it's not squashed.

Everyone seems to dislike Cohn.

we might be neighbors I live a few blocks from the stadium my girlfriend works right off Great America Parkway.

I’m on Lawrence & Monroe

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He’s a YouTuber who’s dad got him his credentials and is ridiculously unprofessional and insulting.

Like I said you can say whatever you want but don’t act like a tough guy if you ain’t one.
Doesn't mean a thing in regards to the player. He will never come out of this looking good. Dumb move.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't think Kinlaw looks like a tool for the manner of his reaction? You're one of very, very few, then.

Not at all but then I don’t really let people just talk to me any way they want and I also don’t go out of my way to disrespect other people.

I don’t dehumanize athletes either and think just because you buy a ticket or are in the media you can just say whatever to them.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where I think he went long was the aggressive profanity laced stuff on teh "zoom call". He may be right, he apparently is, but calling Cohn a b azz n word probably wasn't the best thing on that call.

nobody likes Cohn. He actually did another stream where he had his dad on it defending him which just looked pathetic.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on Lawrence & Monroe

Not that far away I'm closest to Lawrence and Arques so in Sunnyvale but if you cross Lawrence it's Santa Clara

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cohn went way past criticizing Kinlaw, and others, with derogatory remarks that were mocking and personal insults. Who is this guy to say that about his knees when he has worked his butt off through two grueling and painful rehabs? Have some empathy you frigging creep.

Of course Kinlaw was wrong in how he handled it.

But I feel zero sympathy for Cohn. He has been practically begging for something like this to happen. This "i have such edgy takes" crap is exactly that.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish we had an onsite local reporter like Cohn not afraid to get under our players skin and possibly light a fire under their ass, he’s obviously living rent free in Javon’s head that’s for sure. I get the impression our reporters feel they have to be buddy buddy walking on eggshells with the players, coaches, and FO for fear of being bullied/cancelled or losing their job.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I wish we had an onsite local reporter like Cohn not afraid to get under our players skin and possibly light a fire under their ass, he’s obviously living rent free in Javon’s head that’s for sure. I get the impression our reporters feel they have to be buddy buddy walking on eggshells with the players, coaches, and FO for fear of being bullied/cancelled or losing their job.
We need hard core questions of a franchise at times but what Cohn does is not constructive criticism, but being a complete arse 24/7 on any of his segments with no room for compromise... it's about him and not the team and that's the issue

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just what our guys need. More distractions. :sarcasm:

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just what our guys need. More distractions. :sarcasm:
If the “distraction” provides more motivation for them to prove the doubters wrong, doesn’t sound all that bad to me. Let it rile up the underperforming players that choose to listen and be affected by the opinions of sportswriters/YouTube personalities.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the “distraction” provides more motivation for them to prove the doubters wrong, doesn’t sound all that bad to me. Let it rile up the underperforming players that choose to listen and be affected by the opinions of sportswriters/YouTube personalities.
If that is how they have to get motivated then they wouldn't be professional athletes in the first place. I am all for reporting with blunt and tough questions. That's not what this Cohn guy does however. He's just a jerk.