Jeff Gladney Passed Away RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate things like this. Just getting his life back on track after false allegations. Got a little baby girl. I was hoping to see him fulfill his potential. So sad.
He was not convicted but if you read up on the case, it’s damn near impossible to say the allegations were false. I was beyond shocked to see that the Cardinals signed him.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Is this the proper attitude to have when a man has lost his life? Maybe you need to examine your priorities and I also think you owe the board an apology being that you are supposed to be a moderator.
He didn’t say anything remotely wrong. He commented on comments he expects from the board; which he’s more than likely right about. He was never disrespectful in the least. I think you owe Shane and yourself an apology for what a ridiculous overreaction you just made.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He didn’t say anything remotely wrong. He commented on comments he expects from the board; which he’s more than likely right about. He was never disrespectful in the least. I think you owe Shane and yourself an apology for what a ridiculous overreaction you just made.
I don't care what you think

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Cardinals and the NFL world were shocked on Monday, when news broke that cornerback Jeff Gladney died in an overnight car accident.

RIP

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The fatal car crash happened around 2:30 a.m. in the westbound services lanes of Woodall Rogers Freeway at Allen Street, the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office told WFAA. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

A female passenger also died in the crash.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was not convicted but if you read up on the case, it’s damn near impossible to say the allegations were false. I was beyond shocked to see that the Cardinals signed him.

The verdict was unanimous. Not a single member of the jury believed the allegations. That's enough for me, as it should be everyone. He always said the allegations were revenge for breaking up with her.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't care what you think
The verdict was unanimous. Not a single member of the jury believed the allegations. That's enough for me, as it should be everyone. He always said the allegations were revenge for breaking up with her.
That’s because there were not witnesses and the victim didn’t want to ruin his career. This is a common thing when it comes to domestic violence. She ended up taking him back and then realized the monetary value of him staying in the NFL. The amount of cases like this is astronomical and I really didn’t think there were still people in this country who weren’t aware of it. It’s water under the bridge at this point but I read the original police report and witness statements.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want to apologize to Jeff's family and my fellow posters. When I first read that he had been killed I thought about the impact his loss would have on our football team, with CB probably being our weakest position. I should have been thinking about Jeff losing his life and his family losing a loved one, so for this I apologize. My condolences and may he RIP.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad for the two lives lost, i wait more info about the accident
Seems like the car speeding clipped another car and then crushed against a pylon
We don't know yet if it was reckless driving or other reasons, certainly we know that a innocent person (passenger) lost the life in that collision

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just want to apologize to Jeff's family and my fellow posters. When I first read that he had been killed I thought about the impact his loss would have on our football team, with CB probably being our weakest position. I should have been thinking about Jeff losing his life and his family losing a loved one, so for this I apologize. My condolences and may he RIP.
Don't feel bad. My immediate reaction when I first heard the news was, "Oh great, now what are we going to do at CB". We come to this board for football news, first and foremost, so I think our initial reaction is football related. But we have to remember there are things much more import than football. RIP Jeff

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's normal. My initial reaction was that I was looking forward to seeing him play. I thought he had a good shot at being a great pick up for us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And literally no one has made the comments you and Shane expected out of respect for the young man and his family. Take that ish outta this thread. Save it for later. Poor taste.

Not to mention y’all complain about negativity and here no darksider even made the comment - Shane’s shot was an anticipatory shot at posters that was unwarranted. So doubly poor decision.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The fatal car crash happened around 2:30 a.m. in the westbound services lanes of Woodall Rogers Freeway at Allen Street, the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office told WFAA. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

A female passenger also died in the crash.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
I hadn’t heard there was another death. So sad.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Family reveals Jeff Gladney died alongside girlfriend in car accident

Andrea Mercedes Palacios, the girlfriend of Jeff Gladney, has been identified as the woman who died alongside the Arizona Cardinals defensive back in a car accident Monday morning.

Palacios has been identified by both her family and the Dallas County police.

“She was just a loving, selfless person,” Palacios’ brother, John Paul Figueroa, told NBC Dallas Fort-Worth. “Just outgoing. I know she loved Jeff because they were always together.”

Gladney and Palacios died early Monday morning after a two-car accident on the Woodall Rodgers Freeway in Dallas.

Police said that a white vehicle — containing Gladney and Palacios — sped and clipped a car from behind. Subsequently, the white vehicle lost control and hit a freeway pier beam.

It is not clear which of the two was driving.

Passengers in the second car were not seriously injured.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Family reveals Jeff Gladney died alongside girlfriend in car accident

Andrea Mercedes Palacios, the girlfriend of Jeff Gladney, has been identified as the woman who died alongside the Arizona Cardinals defensive back in a car accident Monday morning.

Palacios has been identified by both her family and the Dallas County police.

“She was just a loving, selfless person,” Palacios’ brother, John Paul Figueroa, told NBC Dallas Fort-Worth. “Just outgoing. I know she loved Jeff because they were always together.”

Gladney and Palacios died early Monday morning after a two-car accident on the Woodall Rodgers Freeway in Dallas.

Police said that a white vehicle — containing Gladney and Palacios — sped and clipped a car from behind. Subsequently, the white vehicle lost control and hit a freeway pier beam.

It is not clear which of the two was driving.

Passengers in the second car were not seriously injured.
I'm not sure how I understand how it could be unclear who was driving unless they were not wearing seat belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson