The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ah, bleep the Celtics... wanted the Heat so I could root for someone in the finals. Now it's two teams I hate.

I guess I am pulling for the GSW because I don't hate their fanbase nearly as much as Boston.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Dubs regular season record vs teams they faced/will face this postseason:

Den: 1-3
Mem: 1-3
Dal: 1-3
Bos: 1-1

I wonder if team has ever won a finals beating all teams they did not have a winning record against during the regular season.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grats to the leperchaun team on makin finals

420 gl hit to celtis beatin dub natiion

Suns will get back 1 yr in my lifetime.... lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dubs regular season record vs teams they faced/will face this postseason:

Den: 1-3
Mem: 1-3
Dal: 1-3
Bos: 1-1

I wonder if team has ever won a finals beating all teams they did not have a winning record against during the regular season.

Apparently after starting as the underdog of the 4 teams left we're now favored over Boston. With all the injuries both teams have hard to say.

For me Boston's size and rim protection is a problem. The last time they played was really the only game where both were at close to full strength. When Steph got hurt the score was 33-25 Boston with just over 4 minutes left, 25 points in 20 minutes. Watching that game it was like pulling teeth to get any open looks.

The starters match up fairly well and Poole played quite well against them this year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember how many ppl used to kill Ainge for not cashing in his young players for a superstar. They’re set up for a while.

That entire team is pretty much different outside of Tatum and Brown.

They’ve also had a coaching change that’s done wonders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics bring a lunch pail to work. They are a gritty team that plays hard nosed defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll watch some here and there but these are two franchises whose fans have had plenty of championships. So if don’t give an ish who wins. Either way it’s just more of the same old same nba.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We? You're already identifying with the Warriors?

Have been since 1975. I was there when they had Wesley Cox starting at Center.

I am surprised at the odds with rest I think the Celtics should be favored. Warriors can definitely win but Boston's defense is on another level and defense usually doesn't take games off

Reaction score
Have been since 1975. I was there when they had Wesley Cox starting at Center.

I am surprised at the odds with rest I think the Celtics should be favored. Warriors can definitely win but Boston's defense is on another level and defense usually doesn't take games off
How objective--no fanboy stereotype are you. Well, the oddsmakers must be fooled by the Warriors' recent dynasty status.

The only reason I don't like the Warriors is because of this clowning they do. I prefer teams and players who win quietly, the Tim Duncan-era Spurs being the best example I know. And on the Suns, Grant Hill in the late 2000s.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How objective--no fanboy stereotype are you. Well, the oddsmakers must be fooled by the Warriors' recent dynasty status.

The only reason I don't like the Warriors is because of this clowning they do. I prefer teams and players who win quietly, the Tim Duncan-era Spurs being the best example I know. And on the Suns, Grant Hill in the late 2000s.

no the Warriors were picked 4th in the final 4 before the conference finals but they're now the favorites for some reason. They didn't exactly shoot the lights out from 3 against Dallas so it's odd to me they're suddenly favored over such a good defensive team. Again I think they CAN win, but they're going to have to limit turnovers and continue to have Looney rebounding like a madman to do so

Reaction score
no the Warriors were picked 4th in the final 4 before the conference finals but they're now the favorites for some reason. They didn't exactly shoot the lights out from 3 against Dallas so it's odd to me they're suddenly favored over such a good defensive team. Again I think they CAN win, but they're going to have to limit turnovers and continue to have Looney rebounding like a madman to do so
That's a compelling argument. The national media doesn't seem to understand at all--or just doesn't care--that the Warriors simply beat an inferior team; and that inferior team got to face it only because its prior opponent, the Phoenix Suns, gave up. This series is less lopsided.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a compelling argument. The national media doesn't seem to understand at all--or just doesn't care--that the Warriors simply beat an inferior team; and that inferior team got to face it only because its prior opponent, the Phoenix Suns, gave up. This series is less lopsided.
When do you think we gave up? Certainly it happened at some point but I think it does the Mavericks a disservice to imply they only won because we quit. We gave up because we were getting run off the court.

Reaction score
When do you think we gave up? Certainly it happened at some point but I think it does the Mavericks a disservice to imply they only won because we quit. We gave up because we were getting run off the court.
Unless that simply means the Mavericks ran faster than the Suns, I honestly don't understand what "the Mavericks ran the Suns off the court" means. The Suns were capable of beating the Mavericks if they wanted to, and proved it in some games.

If it means some form of "played harder than the Suns", that's the same thing as "the Suns didn't play as hard"; and the difference between "didn't play hard enough" and "quit" is only a question of degree, or possibly of how far back you look. I can't be sure when exactly the Suns gave up, but does it particularly matter? If they gave up in only game 7, the result means they might as well have given up in the entire series overall.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The reason the media favor the Warriors doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Warriors. Apparently with many of the media, it's just because they think the Celtics are exhausted from the difficult Heat series, while the Warriors had an easy series against the Mavericks. Ehhh...that's at least a more reasoned justification than "the Warriors are a former dynasty and have been here before" or something.

Reaction score

I don't know much about Marcus Smart, but I like him here--he's articulate. It's the opposite of a certain Suns player, around a decade ago, who said virtually nothing--and, when he did say anything, mumbled it. (I swear the only time I ever saw the guy say anything clearly was in yelling "son of a bitch" at Kobe Bryant.)