In Your Opinion, Looking back over the Last 3 Years

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
... what is something we possibly could have, should have, or might have done or not done to make us a better team and brought us closer to being a Super Bowl participant?

And learning from that, what can or should we do over the coming 3 years that will make us a better team?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Would it have mattered? Keim put together a pretty solid team...all you can do is that and hope.

So many variables go into success. A guy gets drafted 3rd overall by the Jets, and he gets ruined due to bad management, **** coaching, and poor culture...everyone says he is a bust.
Same guy gets drafted 25th overall by Denver,... he goes to 8 pro bowls and everyone is talking canton for him.

Then in January it's a team of nobody's who managed to stay healthy that earn the right to the Super Bowl....

Team and situation are important.
Seattle looked at what DK Metcalf does well, then they put that into their offense and turned him loose... maybe they would have done the same with AI...
And maybe our coaching staff would have been so focused on DK's **** routes that he never got on the field...

You build a roster, hope you put the right players in the right situation, then hope and pray everyone is healthy come january.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still maintain that when we drafted Murray, that we should have put all our resources into building the offense first. Almost every FA & draft pick should have been to accelerate his development, ESPECIALLY on the OL. We were going to lose in 2019 regardless, but I would have been fine losing some 41-38 games.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I still maintain that when we drafted Murray, that we should have put all our resources into building the offense first. Almost every FA & draft pick should have been to accelerate his development, ESPECIALLY on the OL. We were going to lose in 2019 regardless, but I would have been fine losing some 41-38 games.
Agree.
Especially when you consider the conservative DC.
This teams identity is offense and keim has yet to fully commit to that. But he did take strides this off season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At the moment, though the cap can be manipulated it's still going to catch up to them :)

They get a Ring?
A Superbowl Championship is worth a few years of cap hell.

The Rams really aren't that aggressive in manipulating the cap. They have a few superstars on D that raise the overall play of the defense and the rest of the defense is fairly cheap. Their OL is filled with average players, but McVays scheme gets the ball out quick for the most part and their offense is able to run and pass from the same looks so it's good at getting teams out of position.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree.
Especially when you consider the conservative DC.
This teams identity is offense and keim has yet to fully commit to that. But he did take strides this off season.
Agree! Just not sure what Michael’s position was. As bad as we were on both sides of the ballin 2018, he was probably looking for a more balanced approach to improvement. I have always believed that a team that is GREAT on one side of the ball will always go farther than a team is average on both sides of the ball. The Ravens won 2 SB’s with that approach on defense. And there have been many SB champions that were primarily offensive teams.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
... what is something we possibly could have, should have, or might have done or not done to make us a better team and brought us closer to being a Super Bowl participant?

And learning from that, what can or should we do over the coming 3 years that will make us a better team?
DK METCALF instead of Invisabella.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don‘t think there’s one change that would have significantly moved this team forward. Maybe not wasting a year with Wilkes. The real key move was Kingsbury. Either he proves the Cards were dead right or the Cards are just dead. At least they been exciting at times. I’d love to see him grow into the job, but I’m still very skeptical.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don‘t think there’s one change that would have significantly moved this team forward. Maybe not wasting a year with Wilkes. The real key move was Kingsbury. Either he proves the Cards were dead right or the Cards are just dead. At least they been exciting at times. I’d love to see him grow into the job, but I’m still very skeptical.
The year with Wilkes got us Murray. Hopefully it proves worthwhile.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like the main problem was striking out on WR's in the 2019 draft. Worse than Isabella over Metcalf/McLaurin is Hakeem Butler over Hunter Renfrow.

I guess its not an obvious pick now that I look at Renfrows college stats. I just remember him tearing it up during playoff games.

Butler has flamed out of the Canadian Football League as well btw. Didn't even see the field.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

well run more early, balance, no reason Conner wasn't softing up defenses for a more efficient play action, rpo game with Km, rgc needs kicked in the shin, or kick hc in the shin, or something.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I feel like the main problem was striking out on WR's in the 2019 draft. Worse than Isabella over Metcalf/McLaurin is Hakeem Butler over Hunter Renfrow.

I guess its not an obvious pick now that I look at Renfrows college stats. I just remember him tearing it up during playoff games.

Butler has flamed out of the Canadian Football League as well btw. Didn't even see the field.
I actually do not mind them selecting Butler since for the round taken he had at least potential to prompt their reasoning, but the Isabella pick was baffling. I'm a huge fan of Terry McLaurin and agree with Brit taking him over Metcalf now but had no idea in the draft he would be that good... the Isabella pick was a small school WR with speed, but speed WRs who can't catch or run routes are a dime a dozen

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually do not mind them selecting Butler since for the round taken he had at least potential to prompt their reasoning, but the Isabella pick was baffling. I'm a huge fan of Terry McLaurin and agree with Brit taking him over Metcalf now but had no idea in the draft he would be that good... the Isabella pick was a small school WR with speed, but speed WRs who can't catch or run routes are a dime a dozen

I don't even think he's that fast.

He's track fast because he ran track and he has the technique. On the field in pads... Kirk was quicker.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's track fast because he ran track and he has the technique. On the field in pads... Kirk was quicker.
Kirk in college was very good getting yards after the catch, quick, a playmaker, in Arizona was just a limited receiver mainly used as a vertical threat
I never been impressed with his quickness and toughness
Punt returns end arounds, he did nothing
Disappointed

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

He's a 4.4 guy tops but on the field more like a 4.5, and I would not even call him track fast. There is actually nothing athletically special about Isabella compared to other NFL WRs