The Suns are meeting with NBA prospects thread. 2022

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just in case that tweet gets deleted because it disappeared from my timeline. Evan Sidery said that the Suns meet with LSU Foward Tari Eason during the combine.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Seems like a JJ pick.
Maybe it will only take us half a season before we realize he has a crippling fear of the nylon rope in the basket.
Why is JJ interested in him? Does he have a story? Was he found in a dumpster as a child?
I look forward to him not getting any play time and taking up a spot on the end of the bench until the last 38 seconds of the season.
Good Times!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Seems like a JJ pick.
Maybe it will only take us half a season before we realize he has a crippling fear of the nylon rope in the basket.
Why is JJ interested in him? Does he have a story? Was he found in a dumpster as a child?
I look forward to him not getting any play time and taking up a spot on the end of the bench until the last 38 seconds of the season.
Good Times!
Then in three years, Monty will finally be forced to play him for a month due to injuries and he will average 20 pts/10 rebs, but the Suns will let his option expire at the end of the year because they are paying luxury taxes on 40 year olds CP3 and Lebron's combined $120 million contracts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like a JJ pick.
Good Times!

He’s the type of guy you’d want your daughter to marry- Monty

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said I wasn't going to bother to scout the 2022 NBA draft because the Suns didn't have a draft pick.

Now James Jones is teasing me to do it. I will not fall for it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m not following at all. Where are these guys slated to be drafted at? That would give ideas to what value/who the suns are willing to part with.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not following at all. Where are these guys slated to be drafted at? That would give ideas to what value/who the suns are willing to part with.
Eason: mid first
Liddell and Moore: late first
Nembhard and Brockington. Late 2nd/UDFA

Charlotte has picks #13 and #15
OKC has #12 and our #30
both are rumored to have interest in Ayton

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean with prospective drafts assuming that you could have a pick in the draft. Doesn’t mean they will or them getting a pick high enough is imminent for some of these players. Nothing would be worse than getting a call draft day from some team making an offer you can’t refuse and not being prepared to draft a player with a pick.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There just doing DD and they should

I was going to say just this.

I wouldn't look into it too much. The scouts need to earn their pay and the Suns need to be ready if some offer comes up that they find really intriguing.

It could be almost anyone (besides Booker). Cam Payne looked great as a starter and his contract is beans, maybe some team saw how well he played in the role and offers the Suns a mid round pick for him. Optimistic I know, but they gotta be ready for any opportunity that presents itself.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some info on 4 of the 5 prospects the Suns worked out. Tankathon didn't have anything on Brockington so I wouldn't expect him to be drafted.

Here's a link to the comparison page

Here's some measurements and college stats. The green dots mean the best of the 4 and the red means the worst. I wouldn't pay much attention considering they're different players who play different positions and have different stock in the draft.

Continued...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From ESPN...

E.J. Liddell is projected to go #24 to the Bucks
He's ESPN's #6 PF and #20 overall prospect

Tari Eason going #17 to the Rockets
He's ESPN's 5th SF and 18th overall

Wendell Moore at #36 to the Blazers
He's their #10 SF and 36th prospect

Andrew Nembhard at #51 to the Warriors.
He's also ranked their #6 PG and 35th best prospect

Izaiah Brockington is listed on ESPN as their 20th SG and 97th overall prospect. He's a 6'4" SG 196 lbs Senior from Iowa State.

Here's some stats for him. Doesn't really stand out but I imagine he could be a Summer League or Two Way prospect because I highly doubt he'll be drafted.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Relevant to this thread.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have Nembhard on their sleeper list he's not a freaky athlete so he doesn't project to get drafted high, if at all, but he's a good solid player who seems to get better every year. Has good size for a PG.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relevant to this thread.

How ironic would it be for the Pacers to unite Ayton with Haliburton.

Myles Turner would work in a sign and trade. He is on a $18 million expiring contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding on to what @Russ Smith said about Andrew Nembhard.

Reaction score
The Suns aren't that young, considering that their point guard is--what, 38?--but do they want to get younger?

Well, I admit that if I wanted to trade DeAndre Ayton, I'd probably want some draft picks, specifically to draft at least one big man to replace Ayton. Beyond that issue, probably not.

Reaction score
All the Suns' draft busts made me realize that in any year, I know nothing about the available players and should stop pretending I do. The teams themselves know very little; various people admit often enough that it's a "crapshoot." If the Suns even had a pick, I would want to let the team do their work of studying and drafting, and would simply hope they don't pick an Earl Clark or a Kendall Marshall. Or a Tyler Ulis. Or, um, a Malcolm Mackey. Or...a player like Stephen Jackson in the late 90s, who fails to make it with them (they cut him before the season even started) but then becomes a valuable player for other teams. See what I mean?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the Suns' draft busts made me realize that in any year, I know nothing about the available players and should stop pretending I do. The teams themselves know very little; various people admit often enough that it's a "crapshoot." If the Suns even had a pick, I would want to let the team do their work of studying and drafting, and would simply hope they don't pick an Earl Clark or a Kendall Marshall. Or a Tyler Ulis. Or, um, a Malcolm Mackey. Or...a player like Stephen Jackson in the late 90s, who fails to make it with them (they cut him before the season even started) but then becomes a valuable player for other teams. See what I mean?
I am too lazy to back and search but there was this awesome discussion we had about this last year or maybe it was a couple years ago. Found this article that broke down all the previous drafts. It showed how successful NBA draft picks careers were relative to their draft position and how long players stayed in the league. I think the conclusion (If I remember) was outside the top 3 picks, it was a complete crapshoot which is why picks after that are so overrated. There was even a drop off after the first two. That's not to say you can't get luck or have success or that guys drafted below that can't be a journeyman type player. The Suns have done OK later in the draft so we know it's possible.

Reaction score
I am too lazy to back and search but there was this awesome discussion we had about this last year or maybe it was a couple years ago. Found this article that broke down all the previous drafts. It showed how successful NBA draft picks careers were relative to their draft position and how long players stayed in the league. I think the conclusion (If I remember) was outside the top 3 picks, it was a complete crapshoot which is why picks after that are so overrated. There was even a drop off after the first two. That's not to say you can't get luck or have success or that guys drafted below that can't be a journeyman type player. The Suns have done OK later in the draft so we know it's possible.

Well, yeah, there's always my favorite Suns player Jeff Hornacek with which to counter what I said.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Relevant to this thread.

You bet your sweet ass they would.
I'm not an expert by any means but that seems mighty generous of them to offer the 6th pick in a draft that's 3or4 players deep at best.

Larry Bird sucks How bout that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose