Devin Booker

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You giving this guy 200 million + over 4 years? Because it’s coming up.

Ayton getting a lot of hate and I get it but Booker is our “star” and at times he was flat out unplayable. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen him look this bad his entire career.

I mean real head scratching type stuff that we’ve never seen.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No need to knock Booker down to boost Ayton.

I’m not. Are we not allowed to talk about Booker and his game 6 & 7 performances? Oh not saint Book I get it. My bad

He’s going to make all NBA this year and that means he’s eligible for a Super Max. Is he a guy that can be a 1 on a championship team because that’s how I view a super max guy.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not. Are we not allowed to talk about Booker and his game 6 & 7 performances? Oh not saint Book I get it. My bad

He’s going to make all NBA this year and that means he’s eligible for a Super Max. Is he a guy that can be a 1 on a championship team.
Booker has taken more heat from fans everywhere than any Suns player ever so I don't see why you have to bring Ayton into the conversation in the first place.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't pay ANY player the super max unless they're at or very near prime Lebron level. They simply aren't worth it unless you already have a championship team in place and have to pay it to keep your star. It's the dumbest CBA change the league ever made IMO.

Unless they get extremely lucky, teams that have to pay that super max are crippled for years. If we pay Booker that much money we become Denver or worse for years to come - that's assuming CP3 won't fully return to form, if he does our window will close when he's no longer dominant.

Just look at the list of players currently on super max deals: Curry, Doncic, Embiid, Gobert, Harden, Lillard, Wall and Westbrook. Curry's championship team was in place before he got the big bucks.

That Super Max contract has put all the rest of those teams in cap hell. So ask Booker, do you want a legitimate chance to win it all or do you want every dollar you can get? If it's the latter (and it almost definitely will be), we probably settle for being an early out in the postseason for the next several years.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s going to make all NBA this year and that means he’s eligible for a Super Max. Is he a guy that can be a 1 on a championship team because that’s how I view a super max guy.

He's an outstanding #2 option, but I think he can win if he has an equal on the team, kind of a 1A and 1B. CP3 was that equal, but he has been proven unreliable and at the end of his career. If Booker is your sole #1 then you're a pretender.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton getting a lot of hate and I get it but Booker is our “star” and at times he was flat out unplayable. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen him look this bad his entire career.

Talk about whatever you like. You've made your point about Devin Booker. Calling him "saint Book" along with the video is a bit theatrical.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone called out book for his game 6 and 7 performances. When you have consensus there’s not a lot to talk about.

Nine of which changes the fact he’s undeniably our best combination of age and talent. And there’s not a lot of players with books combo just available. So you don’t have a choice but to keep him and hope he continues to improve and add around him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Ugh, the supermax sucks. I hope they change it in the future (there was some speculation that they would change so that the value above the regular max wouldn't count against the team's cap). That salary is really going to limit roster flexibility as others have mentioned.

But, Devin has improved in some way, shape, or form every year he's been in the league, and his heart is in the right place.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker at SuperMax, Ayton at Max and Bridges at 26 per is a lot of cap thrown at not one guy who is a unicorn and all have shown their nuts to shrivel, really pathetically in the biggest moments of their careers.

And at the same time, I say that knowing our best chance to stay competitive is to resign both Book and Ayton to the deals they want. And it’s why I’ve said since Bridges signed that deal that He’s the one who’s eventually going to be the centerpiece of whatever trade we need to get that third superstar those other two need to play with to contend.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Booker at SuperMax, Ayton at Max and Bridges at 26 per is a lot of cap thrown at not one guy who is a unicorn and all have shown their nuts to shrivel, really pathetically in the biggest moments of their careers.

And at the same time, I say that knowing our best chance to stay competitive is to resign both Book and Ayton to the deals they want. And it’s why I’ve said since Bridges signed that deal that He’s the one who’s eventually going to be the centerpiece of whatever trade we need to get that third superstar those other two need to play with to contend.
YUP. I trust that James Jones will find spare parts to fill the roster out and will find Bridges replacement.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
YUP. I trust that James Jones will find spare parts to fill the roster out and will find Bridges replacement.
Right about now I wouldn't trust James Jones to water my plants while on vacation.

If we lose DA and just get warm bodies in return then how good is JJ really? I'm still pissed at the whole Stix thing who was shooting 37% from 3 for Indiana at seasons end.
Out 10th pick in the draft is now Tori Craig. What an inspired move.
Our 1st pick in the draft MAY be on is way out and most fans are to stupid to realize how stupid that is. There is no way we get anything near what DA is worth.
We HAVE to sign DA, to do anything other than sign him is mind numbingly moronic even if we do trade him at a later date.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right about now I wouldn't trust James Jones to water my plants while on vacation.

If we lose DA and just get warm bodies in return then how good is JJ really? I'm still pissed at the whole Stix thing who was shooting 37% from 3 for Indiana at seasons end.
Our 1st pick in the draft MAY be on is way out and most fans are to stupid to realize how stupid that is. There is no way we get anything near what DA is worth.
We HAVE to sign DA, to do anything other than sign him is mind numbingly moronic even if we do trade him at a later date.

This is a huge offseason

Everything JJ did in his first year struck gold but the passing on Halliburton thing was bad, The Stix contract was bad, that whole situation was a mess, not getting Eric Gordon at the deadline was bad

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This is a huge offseason

Everything JJ did in his first year struck gold but the passing on Halliburton thing was bad, The Stix contract was bad, that whole situation was a mess, not getting Eric Gordon at the deadline was bad
Every GM is going to make mistakes. Heck, half this board wanted to move on from Stix. I wasn't one of them because I think it's crazy to move on from a player who has barely played, but has looked good when he got a shot.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, he was like 4th in MVP voting. Showing a bad play isnt really an argument

He stunk in game 7, no way around it. But you are not better without booker than with him.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, he was like 4th in MVP voting. Showing a bad play isnt really an argument

He stunk in game 7, no way around it. But you are not better without booker than with him.

And game 6

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was top 5 MVP and we aren't anywhere near a contender without him.
I think this series has completely broken alot of you. We do like the rest of the teams who do not win the trophy cause there will only be 1....reload and do it again next year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was top 5 MVP and we aren't anywhere near a contender without him.
I think this series has completely broken alot of you. We do like the rest of the teams who do not win the trophy cause there will only be 1....reload and do it again next year.
Unless the Suns get a 3rd all star? Why bother? Book can’t be your best player. Book is the ultimate #2 but he is not a #1. He has proved that when it mattered two playoffs in a row. It’s like getting your Pippen before Jordan or your Klay before Curry.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless the Suns get a 3rd all star? Why bother? Book can’t be your best player. Book is the ultimate #2 but he is not a #1. He has proved that when it mattered two playoffs in a row. It’s like getting your Pippen before Jordan or your Klay before Curry.

Hard to say because he was injured both times in a playoff ending series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose