The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will walk back my certainty that the NBA would rather see the Borriors win, because international audiences wanting to see Luka Doncic (as was pointed out) had not occurred to me. I don't care about Doncic, but I guess his countrymen might.

Also, the bean-counters might not have a favored team in the ECF. The league cares only about who would earn the best ratings in the finals, but whether that's the Celtic mystique of the Celtics or the Heat's glamor (its recent championships and Finals trips, and the general assumption of Miami's attractiveness)...not sure.

Quit with the lame nicknames for teams. They aren't creative, clever, or entertaining. Read the room, no one else does that. It's juvenile and tells anyone reading your posts not to take your contributions to discussions seriously.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha freakin of course warriors blow mavs out at home az luck whatever f u nba gods..... lol

Really hoping suns add players with attitude for winning big gms...

Suns title win with cp3 fastly closing.... :( ugh

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The obvious things to me last night, Warriors attacked Luka on defense early and often, Dallas was -30 with him on the court. The one time they seemed like they were making a run, late 2nd quarter, he was out of the game. Not saying he's not their best player he is but he's got to play better on defense it was a big factor in the game.

Dallas doesn't have even remotely the rim protection Memphis does which is huge against the Warriors. They had 1 block in the entire game, by Sterling Brown in garbage time.

Dallas won't miss that many wide open 3's in every game, Warriors have to get the rotations better.

Stop turning the ball over and make FT's.

I will be shocked if the Warriors don't win the series 4-0.

They have the better defense and they have more shot creators unlike the Suns.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh i just know now luka gonna look avg and steph and crew gonna crush mavs in series now lol

Honestly im.hopin boston wins always kind of liked that team and history...

Ill watch finals i guess... but ill be sad disapointed :( u know

Been bit depressed after suns emberesment to az 420 ps5 not helpin :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh i just know now luka gonna look avg and steph and crew gonna crush mavs in series now lol

Honestly im.hopin boston wins always kind of liked that team and history...

Ill watch finals i guess... but ill be sad disapointed :( u know

Been bit depressed after suns emberesment to az 420 ps5 not helpin :(

I'm always going to be a die-hard Suns fan but I'm trying to throttle my emotions a bit to see how the summer unfolds.

Their playoff collapse in game 7 especially hurts because I don't understand why.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm always going to be a die-hard Suns fan but I'm trying to throttle my emotions a bit to see how the summer unfolds.

Their playoff collapse especially hurts because I don't understand why.
Yea honestly might be a intresting offseason see how suns handle ayton etc

also what free agents sign to be next to cp3 dbook :) maybe justttt maybe da

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I doubt it been through enough playoff series recently to know one big win doesn't mean much, same Warriors team was down 55 to Memphis a week ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it been through enough playoff series recently to know one big win doesn't mean much, same Warriors team was down 55 to Memphis a week ago.

IMO, the Grizzlies were a much better team than the Mavericks.

The Suns were reduced to one player being able to create a shot and that was Devin Booker. The Mavs often double and triple teamed him with Paul apparently hurt.

That's not going to happen in this series with Curry, Wiggins and Poole being able to create their own shot and Klay Thompson getting clean looks at the basket.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Grizzlies were a much better team than the Mavericks.

The Suns were reduced to one player being able to create a shot and that was Devin Booker. The Mavs often double and triple teamed him with Paul apparently hurt.

That's not going to happen in this series with Curry, Wiggins and Poole being able to create their own shot and Klay Thmposon getting clean looks at the basket.

Oh I think Memphis is better too but I'm just saying the NBA is weird that way. I didn't expect to beat Memphis but even after the blowout loss and not having Porter for game 6 it didn't shock me that the Warriors won.

Dallas missed a ton of open 3's especially in the first quarter, I doubt that happens the entire series. If it does yes 4-0 sweep. I just don't think they will continue to miss those.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I think Memphis is better too but I'm just saying the NBA is weird that way. I didn't expect to beat Memphis but even after the blowout loss and not having Porter for game 6 it didn't shock me that the Warriors won.

Dallas missed a ton of open 3's especially in the first quarter, I doubt that happens the entire series. If it does yes 4-0 sweep. I just don't think they will continue to miss those.

I'm saying Warriors win 4-0. And if it's a shootout it also favors GS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Harlan reporting that Luka was sick on Wed, is still sick now and will likely not be near 100% for tonights game.

I have to admit I wondered what was up with him early in the game because he wasn't doing all the smiling and smirking he normally does, so I'm inclined to think this might be true.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just that they're underrated, they are practically ignored.

Look at Spoelstra he's been one of the best coaches in the league for years now but it seems like only other coaches or "insiders" even know about him.

For awhile there was this clear imbalance where the West was clearly better so being good in the East wasn't seen as a big deal but there are several good teams in the East now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at Spoelstra he's been one of the best coaches in the league for years now but it seems like only other coaches or "insiders" even know about him.

For awhile there was this clear imbalance where the West was clearly better so being good in the East wasn't seen as a big deal but there are several good teams in the East now.
Yeah, right now he and Ty Lue might be the best coaches out there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin Harlan reporting that Luka was sick on Wed, is still sick now and will likely not be near 100% for tonights game.

I have to admit I wondered what was up with him early in the game because he wasn't doing all the smiling and smirking he normally does, so I'm inclined to think this might be true.

I'm not sure I buy that. Luka was spotted drinking beer at a SF restaurant prior to the game. That doesn't seem like something someone who is under the weather does.

Link...

www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Mavericks-Luka-Doncic-Boban-Marjanovic-enjoy-a-17182177.php

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quit with the lame nicknames for teams. They aren't creative, clever, or entertaining. Read the room, no one else does that. It's juvenile and tells anyone reading your posts not to take your contributions to discussions seriously.

i don't care for team nicknames either, but i'm more bothered by a "lame" and "juvenile" bully beat-down by a self-appointed Post Policeman because someone doesn't share the same sense of humor or style as the established clique who would dictate which "contributions to take seriously"

"read the room" is more applicable to a private clubhouse than a privately owned, public site that relies on input and traffic from a large and diverse community of Suns fans.

Angel's post was well within site guidelines. i hope he sticks around but i don't blame him if he doesn't.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr compares Luka to Jokic said essentially whatever you do he's going to hurt you anyways so you just try to limit the damage he does and try and control the rest of the team. Also made the same point we tried to attack Joker on defense just to tire him out we will try and do the same thing with Luka.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why everyone loves GPII:

For me it's also his dad was one of my favorites and we never got him. In HS Gary Payton and Greg Foster were teammates at Skyline, Foster went to UCLA(my team) and then transferred to UTEP, Payton went to Oregon State(allegedly didn't have the grades for UCLA) and was the best player in the conference. Then Seattle for years in the NBA, multiple times there were rumors he was going to be traded to the Warriors but it never happened.

So when they got his son I was really happy and I'd seen GP2 in college so I knew he was good if he could find a role, and he has.

I just hope they can keep him now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson