2022 6th round pick B is Lecitus Smith G

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brugler had Smith has his 10th ranked OG with a 4th round grade

STRENGTHS: Owns a functional body type with well-distributed thickness ... quick out of his stance with coordinated feet to stay square to rushers ... moves with excellent bend in his knees to sit in his stance and create a base as a pass protector ... has the body control of a former tight end, working outside as a zone blocker or
pulling in space ... active hands in his pass sets to deliver a sharp punch ... aggressive in the run game and gets after his man ... creates movement when he connects with his stone hands ... weighed just 260 pounds as a high school senior and added 60 pounds since arriving in Blacksburg ... started four seasons at left guard, but also served as the Hokies’ backup at left tackle (his offensive line coach believes he can play any tackle or guard spot).

Overall, Smith’s lack of length impedes his sustain skills, but he has the lower body flexibility and fierce hands to frustrate defensive linemen. He might not be a fit for every scheme, but has starting guard potential in a power zone scheme.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cards- "Ok, now it's time to eff with their heads and change their positions around from college to ensure the least possible chance of success"
Well the Cardinals need a backup center.

What would be great is for Lecitus Smith to fill a backup center/guard role and for Hayes to backup both guard spots.

If either player becomes a good starter, it's an absolute home run pick in round 6 or 7.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well the Cardinals need a backup center.

What would be great is for Lecitus Smith to fill a backup center/guard role and for Hayes to backup both guard spots.

If either player becomes a good starter, it's an absolute home run pick in round 6 or 7.
Yep. And if neither player works out and neither are still on the team after the season, no big deal. They're late round picks. Might a well see what we can get out of them.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I heard both our picks were LG in college. And Will Hernandez was okay at LG but terrible at RG. So we have 4 LG and 0 RG.

Is that just how it works? Any G good enough to make the NFL was most likely playing LG? Are there any good RG that come out of college?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cards- "Ok, now it's time to eff with their heads and change their positions around from college to ensure the least possible chance of success"
I get it and kinda agree to a point.

What I will say is that the interior of the line is kind of similar. Especially moving from LG to C. You aren't really crossing over to the other side and flipping your footwork. The big differences are that at C, you have to be really smart, really quick, and be able to snap. Some of these are easily teachable and some aren't. When it comes to late round picks, making them more versatile is very important for them to stick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What I will say is that the interior of the line is kind of similar. Especially moving from LG to C. You aren't really crossing over to the other side and flipping your footwork. The big differences are that at C, you have to be really smart, really quick, and be able to snap. Some of these are easily teachable and some aren't. When it comes to late round picks, making them more versatile is very important for them to stick.
It's not like he is going to get in there and start day 1. He is very likely to go on the practice squad to work at C and then see how he does next year. In the meantime, he will be there if injuries hit us at G.

So, I agree with you.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's not like he is going to get in there and start day 1. He is very likely to go on the practice squad to work at C and then see how he does next year. In the meantime, he will be there if injuries hit us at G.

So, I agree with you.
It will actually be a bit of a shock to me if one of them isn't on the final roster. I don't know why they fell to the 6th round, but I thought both of them were more mid round guys who could stick on the roster vs Harlow/Isidora.

Right now the roster probably falls...
Humphries
Beachum
Hudson
Pugh
Hernandez
Murray

then you have...

Josh Jones
Sean Harlow
Lecitus Smith
Marquis Hayes
Danny Isidora
Josh Miles
Koda Martin

...battling for the last two or three spots.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It will actually be a bit of a shock to me if one of them isn't on the final roster. I don't know why they fell to the 6th round, but I thought both of them were more mid round guys who could stick on the roster vs Harlow/Isidora.

Humphries
Beachum
Hudson
Pugh
Hernandez
Murray

then you have...

Josh Jones
Sean Harlow
Lecitus Smith
Marquis Hayes
Danny Isidora
Josh Miles
Koda Martin

Probably Smith and Jones.
This is year 3 for Jones and he should be ready. If not then he should be gone

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

That's exactly what concerns me is calling the protection coverages. I am totally fine if this is just the first steps for prepping the guy with tutelage which might be present with Hudson... but sort of edgy if he's our backup this year, and why I hope they sign Price

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Humphries
Beachum
Hudson
Pugh
Hernandez
Murray

then you have...

Josh Jones
Sean Harlow
Lecitus Smith
Marquis Hayes
Danny Isidora
Josh Miles
Koda Martin

I like Murray as a cheap swing backup, but I think he will struggle to make the roster to save some cap and because he has struggled to stay healthy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Murray as a cheap swing backup, but I think he will struggle to make the roster to save some cap and because he has struggled to stay healthy.

This. He saves $2.5m on the cap. Unless he significantly outperforms everyone else that can play RG for less I would think he's a strong candidate to move on.

He should have some minor trade value too as he can play all across the line except C.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There is zero reason to have any faith in a 6th or 7th round pick in the Keim era.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose