Cardinals claim Jessie Lemonier off waivers from Lions

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another young guy?

I like it...

Worst case, he provides competition for the draft picks.
But a waiver pick up indicates they are hoping for more
I like it too. It does seem to reason that they aren't going to sign a player like Clowney though...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heck yea way better than murray!!! Deal

Lol jkin on murray best of luck to all undrafted signed to cards hope few make final cut... prob not though

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the 'unproven' under Vance had more sacks without CJ (48) two seasons ago than with him last season (41).
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here. That Chandler Jones wasn't the best edge rusher this team has ever had? That we will somehow be better on the edge this year with our current roster?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like it too. It does seem to reason that they aren't going to sign a player like Clowney though...
No. Not unless he is unemployed in late July and willing to work cheap.
I'm cool with that. All clowney really brings to the table is run defense anyway and I would prefer to see that addressed in the middle instead of on the edge.
But I like that keim is grabbing young guys with a little nfl experience....guys who are coming due to break out in their primes. We only need a couple of them to succeed

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, give me Alford, Hicks and some rotational edge rusher and I'll be happy. Then lock Kyler up and wait to see if any vet WR are worth bringing in super cheap.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll agree to disagree. You're counting on a Vance Joseph led defense to let young, unproven players play. Proof says the opposite will likely happen...
I see what you’re saying but I don’t think this team can be successful led by a Vance Joseph D. If we aren’t putting points on the board we are doomed. Clowney is a run stuffer. If we are going to be successful, it’ll have to be putting opponents in the position where they have to throw the ball.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, the 'unproven' under Vance had more sacks without CJ (48) two seasons ago than with him last season (41).
Two seasons ago, the big "unproven" was Simmons...and he didn't play much because he made too many mistakes early in the season. You still had Reddick, Hicks, Peterson, PP21, Murphy, Budda and Golden (brought in when CJ went down). That's a veteran group on defense, for the most part. I would say last year, even with CJ and the addition of Watt, you had more "unproven" on defense. When you have a true rookie playing CB a limited pass rush can be exposed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here. That Chandler Jones wasn't the best edge rusher this team has ever had? That we will somehow be better on the edge this year with our current roster?

1. CJ 'was' the best pass rusher the team has had and 'was' the shell of that memory last season.
2. Without him two seasons ago, we did quite well in the sack/pressure area of need.
3. If the present roster is as good or approaches the median results of the past two seasons we'll be just fine.

I don't know how the new rookie additions will perform but then again no one imagined the emergence of Riddick in 2020.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you’re saying but I don’t think this team can be successful led by a Vance Joseph D. If we aren’t putting points on the board we are doomed. Clowney is a run stuffer. If we are going to be successful, it’ll have to be putting opponents in the position where they have to throw the ball.

I guess it really doesn't matter what we do then... lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly it kinda doesn't. 100% reason why I am good with using limited resources for Vance. Dude isn't going to do much with them anyway.
I'm not as down on VJ as most here. I think that he just prioritizes stopping the pass.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All clowney really brings to the table is run defense anyway
That's not correct, Oaken. He makes a lot of pressures on the quarterback, but unfortunately that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He is overall a much better pass rusher than given credit for, and I would personally feel great if they added him.