The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a chance. I will be hoping for a GSW sweep.
Actually, I'm not very invested in it, I'd prefer to see the Mavericks win for the pettiest of reasons. Steven A Smith all along has insisted they are the best team in the league, and although I've softened on him from his early ESPN days, I still don't want him to be right on this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll be that jacked into the playoffs. Check in now and again, but that’s it.

Curious to see who the warriors put on luka though. Think it starts with Wiggins, but I think he’ll get bullied like bridges. Putting green on him may work if the refs allow him to foul the ish outta luka, but luka gets calls so it will be interesting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
538 has Boston 43%, Dallas 35, Miami 15 Warriors 7 to win the title.

I'd have to agree Boston is the favorite now although apparently Smart is out for game 1. He's a key to their defense.

Porter apparently had limited practice today but they are hopeful can play in game 1 against Dallas. Payton still appears to be out for the series they are hoping he can return in time for the finals if they get there. That's 2 of the guys aside from Wiggins that would most likely guard Luka which is a problem.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
538 has Boston 43%, Dallas 35, Miami 15 Warriors 7 to win the title.

I'd have to agree Boston is the favorite now although apparently Smart is out for game 1. He's a key to their defense.

Porter apparently had limited practice today but they are hopeful can play in game 1 against Dallas. Payton still appears to be out for the series they are hoping he can return in time for the finals if they get there. That's 2 of the guys aside from Wiggins that would most likely guard Luka which is a problem.
Wow mavs over warriors and heat without home court in any remaining series. Seems kind of crazy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow mavs over warriors and heat without home court in any remaining series. Seems kind of crazy.
Heat have to beat Boston so the Mavs have no impact on them until the finals I assume is part of it.

The Mavs were one of the best teams in the league after they got Dinwiddie. Several of said that during the season after seeing them play. Luka is obviously great but Dinwiddie puts them over the top IMO. Not saying the Warriors can't beat them but not having Payton to guard either one of them is a big issue. Dallas isn't as good defensively as Memphis IMO bu they are very good and Luka is a problem. 4 games against the W's 31.5 PPG 9 RPG 5.5 APG at good percentages.

Mavs won 3 of 4, yes W's didn't have Klay for some of those but Dallas didn't have Dinwiddie.

It would not surprise me if the W's find a way to win but I don't think 538 is out of line

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cant watch poffs its sad that not 1 dang team suns cards can finish the dance.....

But oh well ehhhhhh gl to the remaining teams sure suns loss 40 pt wont be toped lol ugh another bad az rec

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want GS to roll Dallas to make our guys look even worse.
I'm frustrated as all get out but I can't imagine feeling that way about the team I support. Personally, I don't care much about the GS/Dallas game but I do care about this team's future. So I'll hope for whatever gives us the best chance at improving.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want Dallas to get swept but for a different angle. I will feel more like it made Dallas a fluke or that they caught us on a bad day. Plus I don't want to see Luka's smug grill and whining for the rest of the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is good chance the Warriors win the series with Dallas 4-0.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want Dallas to get swept but for a different angle. I will feel more like it made Dallas a fluke or that they caught us on a bad day. Plus I don't want to see Luka's smug grill and whining for the rest of the playoffs.
I can't imagine anyone wants to see that but we aren't going to get our wish no matter who advances in this series. Luka is a special player and brings in a lot of international money, the NBA wants so badly to crown him so we are going to see more and more of his smug grill.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this type of thinking. Still wish good things for the Suns.
Me either. The Suns are already the laughing stock of the league what more could he need. If he really wants misery, he should just wait for the Sarver report. That's a no-win for us, we'll be tarnished if he's ousted (though relieved) but we'll still be tarnished if the NBA declines to act.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me either. The Suns are already the laughing stock of the league what more could he need. If he really wants misery, he should just wait for the Sarver report. That's a no-win for us, we'll be tarnished if he's ousted (though relieved) but we'll still be tarnished if the NBA declines to act.

I sort of feel sorry for Charles Barkley. After he openly supports the Suns to beat Dallas in game 7 on TNT, he doesn't get anything to show for it.

This is type of loyalty I have wanted to see from Charles over the years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone wants to see that but we aren't going to get our wish no matter who advances in this series. Luka is a special player and brings in a lot of international money, the NBA wants so badly to crown him so we are going to see more and more of his smug grill.
I think Luka despite being special is also a smug, flopping whiner. I want him to get the most severe beat down ever. It's funny almost everyone I know who was watching the game with us felt the same way.

So I guess you can imagine it now. :mrgreen:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Luka despite being special is also a smug, flopping whiner. I want him to get the most severe beat down ever. It's funny almost everyone I know who was watching the game with us felt the same way.

So I guess you can imagine it now. :mrgreen:
Of course he is, and on a level never before seen except for perhaps late career Lebron. And I'd love to see him get the most severe beat down ever. But having the Warriors advance while Luka puts up huge numbers would just continue to build his legacy and feed his arrogance.

So I'm all in for a personal beat down of Luka, whether or not his team loses. But Warriors winning by itself does nothing for me.