The Ayton Plan

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
People feel a certain way about Ayton and they always will. Doesn’t matter they always will. Feelings will always overrule logic. It’s one of the reasons the right has a strangle hold on the country

Yes, and why other people get bent out of shape when their spelling is corrected.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, and why other people get bent out of shape when their spelling is corrected.

Or maybe nobody got bent out of shape maybe some people are super sensitive and can’t take a joke.

that’s why they bring up stuff that happened months ago

Maybe?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would never do that trade and include 3 first round picks too.

I'm not sure what Portland was thinking when they traded McCollum and Nance Jr. for pocket change.

Hell yes. Those are late 20s picks not lottery picks. The time is now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who the hell could have ever seen this ending and subsequent questions about internal team problems coming two months ago?

Hell, two WEEKS ago after we went up 2-0 on the Mavs in devastating fashion?

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we're contemplating trading with San Antonio, I want nothing less than Dejounte Murray in a trade. Long, rangy, can shoot and play exceptional D. our PGOF

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're contemplating trading with San Antonio, I want nothing less than Dejounte Murray in a trade. Long, rangy, can shoot and play exceptional D. our PGOF

Yes. A PGOTF would be my primary target.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who the hell could have ever seen this ending and subsequent questions about internal team problems coming two months ago?

I’ve really never seen a team dominate the way the Suns did. Top 5 in offense and defense, greatest clutch stats in history( 5 of the top 6 clutch players in the NBA, 50 something and 0 when leading going into the 4th.

Two weeks later I’m good with Ayton, Paul and Monty all being gone

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only thing I can of that might cause this type of collapse is the release of the NBA investigation but I haven't heard a word.

James Jones or Monty Williams leaving could do it too.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was jettisoned because JJ screwed up in assessing him. His option should have been picked up. He was showing potential to be the 4 we need next to Ayton and replace Crowder. We were forced to trade him to get some value in return after the contract flub.
OK. So he’s the one people want as a part of a trade for Ayton? Makes no sense.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to build around a younger point guard. Lillard will be 32 in July.
That can't be a factor if you are in win now mode. You 2year rent any all-star difference maker you can get your hands on if you think you are in your window. Period. Having said that you can't make a move that will take you out of that window either. So it has to be a reasonable trade on both sides. If we can do that? You grab Lillard.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

We were what, on a 12 game win streak vs. the Mavs in general?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just don’t see Jones offering 5/172 especially with Cam being eligible this offseason and will get a Mikal contract +/-. I also see a situation in which Ayton wants to go somewhere where he’s the guaranteed #1 or #2 scoring option, and for a perimeter-oriented offense, he’s never going to have that opportunity.

Flex is hot and cold, but pretty much corroborated the above post from April 6:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you want to start over?

No, I want a younger point guard like a Tyrese Haliburton but more realistically a backup point guard that could start like Dennis Schroder. These are only examples.

I wonder how Ricky Rubio is doing these days. I don't see Paul leaving at the moment.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are going to post Flex, here is more.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are going to post Flex, here is more.

Might be the biggest DUH Tweets from Flex yet. There is zero insight here. Zero surprise here. This is common knowledge stuff. Ofcourse the Suns are not going to lose Ayton for nothing. Ofcourse the Suns will only do a sign and trade if it make sense.

What's next? The Suns will go after player X and explore trade Y??

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oof..

Yeah. This dude is gonezo. Go pick and choose when to play hard elsewhere.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody look at Charlotte? They don't have a center but they have Miles Bridges, Rozier, and PJ Washington as possible pieces.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be the biggest DUH Tweets from Flex yet. There is zero insight here. Zero surprise here. This is common knowledge stuff. Ofcourse the Suns are not going to lose Ayton for nothing. Ofcourse the Suns will only do a sign and trade if it make sense.

What's next? The Suns will go after player X and explore trade Y??

Of course these are common sense tweets but some of Flex's other tweets have been on target.

Did you read the other tweet about Sabonis?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oof..

Yeah. This dude is gonezo. Go pick and choose when to play hard elsewhere.
If this is true two things strike me here. First, this sounds out of character for Monty to accuse a player publicly of quitting the team. It doesn't jibe with Monty's statements after the game to keep things internal. That is the opposite of keeping things internal. Second, if Monty truly believes that Ayton quit on the team and was so angry about it that he had an outburst like that?

That relationship between them is toast. Ayton is 100% gone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose