Trey McBride Mic'd up

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man you are a buuuuuzzzzz kill.

Fun video. Seems like a very motivated, good kid.

lol I know. I think it's the remnants of all the off-season attempts by the NFL to squeeze every last drop of drama (read profit) out of the fans. The "schedule release event" idea was just a bridge too far for me. Then we get miced up rookie camp, and I just rolled my eyes.

I wont get off your lawn old man!
Ha, fair :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have high hopes for McBride.

Good kid, good athlete, looks like he is a competitor, and he wants to be here.

It would be great to be one of those teams with a 1,000 yard receiving TE.
With all the sports Lucy-Charlie browning down to az this year I can no longer even allow myself to dream about that. McBride is going to be next in line of our historical McLoser McTightend position (McWilliams and McNiklas - what? He played for the fighting Irish!).

(I keed)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I hope he’s good. Keim’s TE drafting record is cringe worthy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
With all the sports Lucy-Charlie browning down to az this year I can no longer even allow myself to dream about that. McBride is going to be next in line of our historical McLoser McTightend position (McWilliams and McNiklas - what? He played for the fighting Irish!).

(I keed)
Johnny McWilliams.

I remember being excited about that guy. Man he sucked.

Niklas was just a walking MASH unit.

Houser. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane Goodall.

OP
OP
Zalixar

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol I know. I think it's the remnants of all the off-season attempts by the NFL to squeeze every last drop of drama (read profit) out of the fans. The "schedule release event" idea was just a bridge too far for me. Then we get miced up rookie camp, and I just rolled my eyes.

Ha, fair :)
That is literally the point NFL (or any sports). It's 100% pure entertainment. Why is this so surprising?

What are you even doing on these boards talking about a team that doesn't know you exist?

Are you not entertained?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, the NFL and the Cards are really reaching now. Miced up...at rookie minicamp? What's next, miced up in the weight room? Miced up in the car on the way to the team hotel?

The mic's up part I don't care about but watching him consistently catch the ball with his hands high and not break stride I love.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I learned 4 things watching that:

1. He grunts every time he catches the ball. Weird.
2. Was he made “rookie captain” because he’s the highest draft pick?
3. And don’t #41 ever carrying the ball.
4. Mic’ing up a rookie at rookie camp is silly as literally nothing interesting or funny was said.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Houser. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane Goodall.
Rob Housler, the dude.

the year he was drafted, local radio had Howard Schellenberger, his college coach on to talk about him.

usually the college coaches are enthusiastic. The most Howard would say is that "he has chance if he puts it together....". Sounded genuinely surprised he was drafted where he was. You would think a guy drafted in the 3rd round from Florida Atlantic would have been the best guy on his team.

Thats when i knew there was a problem.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
DC Jefferson (7th), Troy Niklas (2nd), Gerald Christian (7th), Caleb Wilson (7th), Trey McBride (2nd)

Is that enough of a track record to even give a grade?
Niklas obvs was the big miss

the diff between McBride and Niklas is that Niklas was a 100% projection pick based on a pretty small sample vs. McBride who produced over multiple college seasons

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Seems like he's taking on a leadership role already, with the other rookies. Hope that's natural to him and not forced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose