Suns Off-season Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be gone for a while guys. This one just really hurts. Can't think about this team too much right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok we doing this already?
In this order:
Embid no brainer
Jokic no brainer
Durant getting older but is still amazing and has ALWAYS backed Booker in the media
Dame Could be great but could be a disaster
LeBron UGH! Would be kinda fun to see him and CP3 play together.
Which one of them hates Steph, Klay, Pat Bev, Avocado and Luka the most?
If you were Booker who would you want?

Embiid, no question. But I don't see any chance Philly moves him, at least not this off season.

I threw out that Jokic post, but I also don't think Denver moves him, last I heard he was enthusiastic to extend.

Durant... I don't like him at all but he'd obviously keep us contending. I also don't see the Nets blowing that team up, he is the one guy they won't move.

I think Dame would be an awful fit. He and Booker overlap too much and Dame doesn't defend. If we do a trade with the Blazers I think it's for a dollar for a bunch of change that might add up to more than a buck, but a fair portion of it you don't want to bother to carry in your pocket. Nurkic, one or two youngish role players and a pick.

LeBron... that is the most realistic but the LeBron of last season gave such little effort, it was shameful. He certainly went for points but on play after play he didn't even get to mid court on defense. Maybe Monty gets his blood pumping again. But the real problem is that the Lakers would ask for the world. They wouldn't give him up unless they knew they were screwing the other team over. I bet they'd want Ayton, Bridges, Cam and whatever else it took to make us have space to absorb Westbrook's bum ass as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Embiid, no question. But I don't see any chance Philly moves him, at least not this off season.

I threw out that Jokic post, but I also don't think Denver moves him, last I heard he was enthusiastic to extend.

Durant... I don't like him at all but he'd obviously keep us contending. I also don't see the Nets blowing that team up, he is the one guy they won't move.

I think Dame would be an awful fit. He and Booker overlap too much and Dame doesn't defend. If we do a trade with the Blazers I think it's for a dollar for a bunch of change that might add up to more than a buck, but a fair portion of it you don't want to bother to carry in your pocket. Nurkic, one or two youngish role players and a pick.

LeBron... that is the most realistic but the LeBron of last season gave such little effort, it was shameful. He certainly went for points but on play after play he didn't even get to mid court on defense. Maybe Monty gets his blood pumping again. But the real problem is that the Lakers would ask for the world. They wouldn't give him up unless they knew they were screwing the other team over. I bet they'd want Ayton, Bridges, Cam and whatever else it took to make us have space to absorb Westbrook's bum ass as well.
Hmm if Dame wants Ayton . . . Anfernee simmons and picks might do it for me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A worry about Lebron is how he'll fit with Monty. Lebron likes to have control and so does cp3, they both do it differently but they like the control. Monty is too zen and a good coach for younger talent. How he'll deal with two older vets who are dominate is something i'd be a bit weary of. LeBron or cp3 could be the third option we need, or second when either one goes down with injury.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks.

So now that we're back on topic, I agree, which is why I think this is what will happen. Remember, he went to Arizona State.
I know. But how do you squeeze a ball dominant guard in with two other ball dominant guards?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I know. But how do you squeeze a ball dominant guard in with two other ball dominant guards?
"We'll figure it out" is the usual line.

I forgot that he and Paul have already had an unsuccessful teammate relationship, though, so that will probably kill the idea. Which is a relief.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I forgot that he and Paul have already had an unsuccessful teammate relationship, though, so that will probably kill the idea. Which is a relief.
I had forgotten that in my abject terror of the thought as well. Thank you for reminding me.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah. I wasn't sure how people were getting past that detail. I thought maybe they had patched things up or something.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not having this inane argument again. No one on their right mind would ever compare the two as being close. Kobe’s a legend (hate him as I may). Booker right now is a punk who talks a lot of trash and then choked disgustingly hard in the 3 biggest games of his career… Game 6 Bucks and the last two.
Ok, I we agree about Booker and disagree about Kobe.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not to mention Kobe for the first five years of his career kinda had someone else vulturing points away from him. some guy named.. Shaquille O'Neal. Book has no one close to share the scoring with and once Kobe didn't, he regularly averaged 30 ppg.
He averaged 30 3 times. Don't you think Shaq made it easier for him to score? I don't get how he was vulturing points.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Holiday will be a restricted free agent this summer for the amount of $5,791,701.

I'm uncertain if the qualfying offer has been made.

I can't see the Suns matching after Monty was reluctant to play him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He averaged 30 3 times. Don't you think Shaq made it easier for him to score? I don't get how he was vulturing points.
He actually averaged 30 4 times in the playoffs and 29 another 2 times.

And You don’t see how the most dominating offensive player of his era and number 1 option on the Lakers, especially during Kobe’s first four of five years of the playoffs is going to vulture points away from Kobe as opposed to Booker who was unquestionably the #1 option and scorer on the Suns?

Come on. This is such a weak argument.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess it's Anthony Davis first or KAT.

My rationale being both played with Booker at UK and the claim is guy really wants to play with Booker.

I would not call KAT a superstar. Davis could be if he could stay healthy but he can't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I would have been unhappy trading Ayton for Sabonis but perhaps in retrospect it might have been the best move.

The Suns would have wanted to dump salary as well perhaps Saric.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bleh they have nothing i really would want. Maybe just Grant from Pistons or Murray from Spurs, but not for Ayton.

UFA: Biz, McGee and Payton.
Payton should be as good as gone, unless Monty or Paul screw that up.
Biz probably signed with us since we were a "contender".
Same with McGee.

RFA: DA, Cam J, Holiday, Lundberg and Ish.
Holiday will be traded, forever in Montys doghouse, it would zero sense to keep him if Monty will not play him.

2023: Craig, Crowder, Saric
If only those 2023 guys were up this year instead of DA and CJ. They could be a trade chip this year though, especially Crowder.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I view it now, unless Payne is included in a trade, he should replace Payton on the roster. Yeah, that deep.

Based upon limited viewing, I think Gabriel Lundberg has the chance to make the Suns roster as maybe a third point guard or on a two-way contract.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way I view it now, unless Payne is included in a trade, he should replace Payton on the roster. Yeah, that deep.

Based upon limited viewing, I think Gabriel Lundberg has the chance to make the Suns roster as maybe a third point guard or on a two-way contract.

Nope your getting Landry Shamet and whoever else Monty thinks is a swell guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson