Suns Off-season Thread

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Things I never want to see posted on this board again:

1) ANY Kawai comparison to Bridges
2) ANY Kobe comparison to Booker

Those guys aren’t anywhere near those player’s levels and never will be, physically or mentally. And I’m saying that knowing full well that both Kawai and Kobe have had their mental lapses/questionable moments in the playoffs.
Kobe had some real garbage playoff games. I don't think Booker is that far off from Kobe's level. Not sure if you and I are disagreeing about Booker's level or Kobe's level though.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kobe had some real garbage playoff games. I don't think Booker is that far off from Kobe's level. Not sure if you and I are disagreeing about Booker's level or Kobe's level though.
FYI Kobe's carerr playoff stats:
25.6 pts, 5.1 reb, 4.7 ast

Booker's
26.1, 5.4, 4.5

Kobe wasn't on Jordan or Lebron's level.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you’re smoking Sherm. Kobe is arguable one of the top 10-15 players of all time. Booker is top 10-15 players right now.

Booker will never be able to impose his will on an entire series the way Kobe could because he’s not near the athlete, scorer or passer. Kobe could hurt you even when he was horrific shooting… making a massive impact with 15 rebounds in a Game 7 where he shot a WOEFUL 6-24. But he played insane D on Paul Pierce, locked him down in the 4th and contributed to winning that title in one of the worst shooting games in his life.

Kobe could also consistently beat double teams scoring or passing. Book hasn’t show that ability yet and I’m not sure he has the natural handles/athleticism/vision to do so.

We’ve never seen anything like that from Book.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker's
26.1, 5.4, 4.5

Not having this inane argument again. No one on their right mind would ever compare the two as being close. Kobe’s a legend (hate him as I may). Booker right now is a punk who talks a lot of trash and then choked disgustingly hard in the 3 biggest games of his career… Game 6 Bucks and the last two.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see an apology. I see a thank you letter expressing the organization shares the fans disappointment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
EJ hot today

Attachments

• FA3B050F-1FA8-4B3B-8ED6-FDFCA854D2C0.jpeg
    FA3B050F-1FA8-4B3B-8ED6-FDFCA854D2C0.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 16

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If it would be for Lebron, how does Ayton + Davis work for the Lakers? I mean it definitely frees Westbrook to be the ball dominant guard, but not sure that makes too much sense otherwise unless a third team would be involved.
Cmon what could be bad about two bigs who don’t want to play in the paint and be physical?

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Booker's
26.1, 5.4, 4.5

Yes, Kobe wasn’t on MJ/Lebron’s level Book isn’t on Kobe/Wade’s level.

Comparing numbers from now to the sludgy offense era is pointless. Tatum is a better Kobe comp because he’s bigger and more athletic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Kobe wasn’t on MJ/Lebron’s level Book isn’t on Kobe/Wade’s level.

Comparing numbers from now to the sludgy offense era is pointless. Tatum is a better Kobe comp because he’s bigger and more athletic.

not to mention Kobe for the first five years of his career kinda had someone else vulturing points away from him. some guy named.. Shaquille O'Neal. Book has no one close to share the scoring with and once Kobe didn't, he regularly averaged 30 ppg.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think it's gonna be Ayton and Saric for Rudy. They won't trade Cam or Bridges
They want to avoid massive L-Tax penalties:
-
Rudy Gobert signed a 5 year / $205,000,002 contract with the Utah Jazz, including $205,000,002 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $41,000,000. In 2022-23, Gobert will earn a base salary of $38,172,414, while carrying a cap hit of $38,172,414 and a dead cap value of $38,172,414.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be honest that wouldn't surprise me, but I have a hunch it's Harden.
Good god no if they trade for Harden I’m done! Don’t think James jones is that stupid honestly. If your trading Ayton it needs to be a star that has years left not one on last leg, we already have one of those…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic has made his love of Monty Williams well known.

Someone get to tampering! Muddy those cold rocky mountain waters! The can turns blue when Jokic demands a trade!

Ayton, Cam Johnson and 3 first round picks for Jokic!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok we doing this already?
In this order:
Embid no brainer
Jokic no brainer
Durant getting older but is still amazing and has ALWAYS backed Booker in the media
Dame Could be great but could be a disaster
LeBron UGH! Would be kinda fun to see him and CP3 play together.
Which one of them hates Steph, Klay, Pat Bev, Avocado and Luka the most?
If you were Booker who would you want?