Suns Off-season Thread

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s Lebron. Oh god it’s Lebron for Ayton, bridges and picks.
Probably not a snowball’s chance in Phoenix of happening but looking at every top-15 player in the league right now Lebron makes the most sense logistically and relationship wise (CP3 & James Jones).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I could see Ayton & Cam on the move this offseason. If we move Mikal...... I may go into hiding again.

I am going to continue to think Lillard until I'm told otherwise but Lebron seems like a pipedream IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s Lebron. Oh god it’s Lebron for Ayton, bridges and picks.
That exactly where my head went. It's LeBron. It would be a costly experiment. My gosh. We would then be in the same boat as the Lakers trying to fill the roster with older All-Stars to get it done.

By the way if it is LeBron, this came up already this year way before this Tweet. I can't remember who was on the panel but they were talking about a LeBron to Phoenix trade.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That exactly where my head went. It's LeBron. It would be a costly experiment. My gosh. We would then be in the same boat as the Lakers trying to fill the roster with older All-Stars to get it done.

By the way if it is LeBron, this came up already this year way before this Tweet. I can't remember who was on the panel but they were talking about a LeBron to Phoenix trade.
Let be honest Lebron as much as I dislike him is better than Ayton period! Ayton will probably never be a dominant player, he’s too nice and soft no edge to him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's gotta be Dame or Durant. Embiid would be a dream.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things I never want to see posted on this board again:

1) ANY Kawai comparison to Bridges
2) ANY Kobe comparison to Booker

Those guys aren’t anywhere near those player’s levels and never will be, physically or mentally. And I’m saying that knowing full well that both Kawai and Kobe have had their mental lapses/questionable moments in the playoffs.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If it would be for Lebron, how does Ayton + Davis work for the Lakers? I mean it definitely frees Westbrook to be the ball dominant guard, but not sure that makes too much sense otherwise unless a third team would be involved.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Those guys aren’t anywhere near those player’s levels and never will be, physically or mentally. And I’m saying that knowing full well that both Kawai and Kobe have had their mental lapses/questionable moments in the playoffs.

Yeah I get your offense has off days and center can be schemed out but a great wing defender can always show up and his defense was nowhere to be found.

“Be legendary” he’s got a long way to go

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who made those comparisons? It's obvious that Booker models his game after Kobe, but he only has a fraction of Kobe's athleticism. He's got some of his fire too, but Kobe's desire to be great was close to MJ. You get a flash of Kobe when Book starts dealing, but it's just a flash. Never heard of the Kawhi comparisons with Bridges, but to be fair, I haven't spent a lot of time on the Suns board.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let the games begin

Attachments

• AEF62C08-C89C-4960-9AF8-F78830B50177.jpeg
    AEF62C08-C89C-4960-9AF8-F78830B50177.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it would be for Lebron, how does Ayton + Davis work for the Lakers? I mean it definitely frees Westbrook to be the ball dominant guard, but not sure that makes too much sense otherwise unless a third team would be involved.

That would be such a Suns move to trade their young center for an aging, post prime LeBron. He can take his place next to other Suns legends like Shaquille O'Neal, Vince Carter, and Grant Hill.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who made those comparisons? It's obvious that Booker models his game after Kobe, but he only has a fraction of Kobe's athleticism. He's got some of his fire too, but Kobe's desire to be great was close to MJ. You get a flash of Kobe when Book starts dealing, but it's just a flash. Never heard of the Kawhi comparisons with Bridges, but to be fair, I haven't spent a lot of time on the Suns board.
No need for me to call out names, but if you were a more frequent presence here, you’d remember how often those really far-fetched comparisons get thrown around.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That would be such a Suns move to trade their young center for an aging, post prime LeBron. He can take his place next to other Suns legends like Shaquille O'Neal, Vince Carter, and Grant Hill.
I think Lebron still has a little more in the tank than those guys... but yeah, you are probably only getting a couple more good seasons at best. Then factor in that another main element of the team is hitting the wall (maybe already has) in Paul, and it means you have a very short clock before massive rebuilding.

It would be a roll of the dice for sure.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns would have to include a bunch of trash just to make the salaries match up. There’s rumors the Lakers are trading AD to Chicago for Lavine.

It’s complicated but doable. Lebron would have to demand out and orchestrate it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i brought up the Lebron to phx scenario a few months ago
-- said i don't approve, but it makes sense

i was going to bring it up again today, and found the conversation already started

both Paul and Lebron probably have only one more crack at it.
it's not going to happen for Lebron with the mess he created in LA

if it was going to happen for Paul with this squad, it had to happen now.
Paul's not getting better/healthier next season.
Booker got better this season, but between his hamstring issues and his last 2 games he's lost some appeal for another young star who might want to pair up with him.

the best option for the Suns is to go all in on another run with a significant, if only temporary, upgrade. But that only works for us is if the Suns only have to give up future assets rather than key components like Ayton, Bridges, or Cam

Lebron doesn't work for me, personally, but i couldn't argue with the logic of it for another title run. And for Lebron, it wouldn't be a Durant-like move to a championship team. He (or some other star veteran) could bill himself as joining to re-ignite a team that had just flamed out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tear it up!!!!! As said in the movie glory lol

Sure a bit of changes will occure after poffs

I personally think ayton is history bad relations with monty now

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose