Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he was the be all end all they would have held onto him. Saric wouldn’t have made a difference. Again, we had plenty of breaks fall our way too.

Saric is still on the Suns roster. The Suns waived Frank Kaminsky.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric is still on the Suns roster. The Suns waived Frank Kaminsky.
That’s right it was Frank. Dario has no value anyway or they would have moved him too. Dario is too slow. He would have made zero difference.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You play the games that are scheduled. I don't care if you buy it or not. That's the way the games are played.
That absolutely true but changes NONE of those facts we enjoyed our own share of breaks and still had a monumental collapse at the end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s right it was Frank. Dario has no value anyway or they would have moved him too.

It would be hard for the Suns to trade an injured player (Saric) with almost $10 million left on his contract.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We talk about 94/95’ Houston and the mid-00’ Spurs all the time. This was worse and those of us still around 30-40 years from now will remember this meltdown. We’re only on night one. :eek:

I don't know. Those losses to Houston killed 11 and 12 year old me. In 94 we were up 2-0 returning to Phoenix for Games 3 and 4. In 95 we had a 3-1 lead. Two epic chokes with Jordan retired.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be hard for the Suns to trade an injured player with almost $10 million left on his contract.
Exactly. They would have moved him too if they could have. There were a ton of rumors of trying to find some way to do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you choose facts that suit your opinion.
No. I choose facts that are literally indisputable. Two years in a row, we were THE FAVORITE in our series. Two years in a row we EASILY went up 2-0. And two years in a row we COMPLETELY CHOKED those series away.

THOSE ARE FACTS. Everything thing else is spin.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Ayton was going to fall apart when Paul went out but that’s when he looked amazing.

Now does Monty have the sack to tell Paul to take a back seat
Not sure what you watched and when Ayton looked amazing because it sure in hell wasn’t this game!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We talk about 94/95’ Houston and the mid-00’ Spurs all the time. This was worse and those of us still around 30-40 years from now will remember this meltdown. We’re only on night one. :eek:
Those were all worse because for me because this team obviously didn’t have what it took to win. At least the Houston series were WARS, winnable games AND they were the eventual champs. I had zero faith we were getting out of the WCF even if we won today and the Mavs sure as hell aren’t winning the title.

I’ve already blown off this entire season. This team proved today they weren’t worth stinging my heart. How they went out was too much of a joke. I still have wicked flashes of Mario’s Ellie’s Kiss Of Death, Paxson for 3 and Vernon Maxwell and Sam Cassel bombing threes against us in Game 7.

And at least those teams went down fighting. Sure, they choked too, but they didn’t just lay down and die in Game 6 and 7.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
This is literally the worst game 7 performance I’ve ever seen. It does not get any worse than this.

I said last year they choked a 2 game lead in the Finals and got crap for it. This was waaaaay worse.

There’s no possible spin. Given the stakes and the records the was the worst beat down in franchise history. Disgraceful

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was our best chance for an NBA title since 93 IMO. It has been 28 years since we had a legit chance (getting there) and this debacle. Basically, we just blew our window IMO. Most teams only get a couple year window to get it done. We blew it. Again, barring a block buster trade? It's likely we don't get there until I am so old I don't care.
I’ll stick with our best chance was LAST year as GS and others were out. We had it in our grasps and crumbled. This season was great but we shut it down early and was never able to turn it back on completely, just spurts here and there. It sucks we really need some toughness on this team too many nice guys! Mavs jacking up 3s up by 40 something someone should have gotten leveled T be damned! Seriously soft just let them do whatever and didn’t seem to upset anyone? Boston looks like the team to beat they got the attitude and toughness to beat anyone left!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I choose facts that are literally indisputable. Two years in a row, we were THE FAVORITE in our series. Two years in a row we EASILY went up 2-0. And two years in a row we COMPLETELY CHOKED those series away.

THOSE ARE FACTS. Everything thing else is spin.

The games are played on the court not in the media or betting lines.

The Suns loss tonight was particularly painful. It will be hard for the them to get this close again. There is no excuse for the other players not coming to play even if Paul was injured.

Actually I thought the Suns had a better chance to win a title last season if they had added another big man before the trade deadline.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sorry… he HASNT HIT A SHOT IN GAME 7 AND HE CANT BEAT THE DOUBLE TEAM.

If he’s gonna talk as much trash as he did, you better back it up or you like a total punk loser. Which is what he is right now. Played like total crap in Game 6 in the Finals last year too.

I didn't catch this, but it's fitting that the double team was so insurmountable to him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Those were all worse because for me because this team obviously didn’t have what it took to win. At least the Houston series were WARS, winnable games AND they were the eventual champs. I had zero faith we were getting out of the WCF even if we won today and the Mavs sure as hell aren’t winning the title.

I’ve already blown off this entire season. This team proved today they weren’t worth stinging my heart. How they went out was too much of a joke. I still have wicked flashes of Mario’s Ellie’s Kiss Of Death, Paxson for 3 and Vernon Maxwell and Sam Cassel bombing threes against us in Game 7.

And at least those teams went down fighting. Sure, they choked too, but they didn’t just lay down and die in Game 6 and 7.
In the mid-00’s there wasn’t social media but you could go on the internet/message boards…

After Paxton and Elie how did we vent with no Internet?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the mid-00’s there wasn’t social media but you could go on the internet/message boards…

I literally drove halfway up to Flagstaff in stone silence after Paxson for 3.

Ouchie and I immediately went to see Die Hard 3 after the Elie kiss of death because we literally were speechless and didn’t know what to do with ourselves.

We also took out all of our grief on our friend Schwartz who was forever deemed THE JINX after those two games. We tortured him with that moniker until he broke the Jinx in Game 7 of the 2001 WS.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was probably easier than to keep talking about it. The newspapers were disposable.

With the media and other social networks on the internet the wounds are slow to heal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can’t lament a team that ended up so gutless at the end. F em. They talked MAD TRASH and ended up looking like total chumps.

Ain’t room in my heart for losers like that and I doubt there will be for any future Suns team for a while.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be hard to put the pieces together for next season.

Losing was bad enough but the way they lost made it much worse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose