Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would hold more water with me if we didn't have monumental collapses two years running.

Losing in the Finals is not what I would describe as a monumental collapse. The Suns won two games and lost the series 4-2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns were injured last season against the Bucks not that it's an excuse. I believe Paul, Payne and Booker played injured to one extent or another.

Also Saric suffered an ACL injury in game 1.
Booker went directly to the Olympics AND PLAYED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Any injury talk there is total BS. Paul is always injured.

And we got injury breaks IN EVERY ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS. AD with the Lakers. Denver’s All-Star PG, Kawai. So spare me that guff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing in the Finals is not what I would describe as a monumental collapse. The Suns won two games and lost the series 4-2.
The Suns lost FOUR GAMES IN A ROW after destroying the Bucks in the first two games. That is a collapse. Period.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing 4 in a row after being up 2-0 is the very definition of a monumental collapse. Plus it’s not like the team didn’t get a few injury breaks from other teams along the way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker went directly to the Olympics AND PLAYED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Any injury talk there is total BS. Paul is always injured.

And we got injury breaks IN EVERY ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS. AD with the Lakers. Denver’s All-Star PG, Kawai. So spare me that guff.

So Saric' injury was "BS."

I DON"T THINK SO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Saric' injury was "BS."

I DON"T THINK SO.
Lol. BOOKER’S injury was BS. He just choked in Game 6.

And lol at Saric. That’s a ridiculous as the Bucks saying “We didn’t have Dante Dicenzo!”

Four straight losses… AS THE FAVORITE WHICH WE WERE LAST YEAR… Is a collapse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric was such a difference maker the Suns decided not to let him work through his injury and keep him.

Saric had surgery for an ACL injury after last season and most recently had arthroscopic surgery.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe in your book, not mine. Losing Saric hurt the Suns chances.
Really? Because they won Game 1 and 2 without him with ease. They just choked. Just like they did this season.

And again, EVERY DAMN TEAM WE PLAYED had a SUPERSTAR missing while you’re lamenting… Dario Saric.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Because they won Game 1 and 2 without him with ease. They just choked. Just like they did this season.

And again, EVERY DAMN TEAM WE PLAYED had a SUPERSTAR missing while you’re lamenting… Dario Saric.

Well, you choose facts that suit your opinion.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. BOOKER’S injury was BS. He just choked in Game 6.

And lol at Saric. That’s a ridiculous as the Bucks saying “We didn’t have Dante Dicenzo!”

Four straight losses… AS THE FAVORITE WHICH WE WERE LAST YEAR… Is a collapse.

Giannis damn-near broke his knee in the ECF's last year. No way he was 100%.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah Ayton getting a lot of the same stuff but in my opinion this was Booker’s game all the way

This was his show me your a star game and he flamed out like I’ve never seen.
Flamed out worse then Aytons ass sitting on the bench? I don’t think so Book is the one who brought the force required but unfortunately had a terrible shooting game, but his intensity and desire is never really in question. Ayton is lost in space half the time not even comparable!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric had surgery for an ACL injury after last season and most recently had arthroscopic surgery.
If he was the be all end all they would have held onto him. Saric wouldn’t have made a difference. Again, we had plenty of breaks fall our way too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I can't buy what you're selling. We hit every team injured last year. AD, Murray, and Leonard.

You play the games that are scheduled. I don't care if you buy it or not. That's the way the games are played.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave