Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to hear another thing about Book writing "be legendary" on his shoes. This was your chance and you weren't. I would have settled for being good.

I also never want to hear a "Suns in 4" chant for the rest of my life.
Yeah… As the crow would say, Suns in 4, Nevermore.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought Ayton was going to fall apart when Paul went out but that’s when he looked amazing.

Now does Monty have the sack to tell Paul to take a back seat
I thought so too. But was pleasantly impressed with what he did.

If monty doesn’t have the sack to do it then he isn’t really a leader of men. He’s just a lot of hot air and feel good religious mumbo jumbo.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton did NOT "look amazing" without Paul this season, just like he did not look amazing when Paul broke down this series.

but the offense, particularly our center strength, did indeed break down when Paul broke down. Ayton HAS to be paired with a gifted pg like Paul who can feed him properly in the paint. McGee and B too.

That’s not true at all and yes his best run came without Paul this season.

But yes a good PG who can run an offense makes things easier for everyone

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told my wife after the first round I won't be shocked if we get bounced because of how bad they were playing. So, not really shocked. Disappointed like no tomorrow but not shocked. I think my expectations are going to be very tempered likely for the foreseeable future barring a mega-trade of some sort.
Dude… there’s no reason to ever have expectations for any Arizona sports team ever again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would like to take this time to own my own stupid comment that Doncic wouldn't start for us outside of Crowder.

I still can't stand Luka but yeah he was the best player in this series.
Lol. Yeah that really became a zinger this series. Good on you owning up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that dude because a) he’s a grinning douche b) a massive flopper and c) because we didn’t draft him (even though I led the DONT DRAFT DONCIC BRIGADE).

But he’s a generational talent. He’s a less athletic but more confident LeBron James. A physical mismatch nightmare and the smartest player on the court who just has that… thing.

And tonight was his HERE I AM NBA statement that we will be hearing about from here to eternity.

Yep

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad it happened in the Semis. We weren't beating any other team left. It would have just hurt more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hate that dude because a) he’s a grinning douche b) a massive flopper and c) because we didn’t draft him (even though I led the DONT DRAFT DONCIC BRIGADE).

But he’s a generational talent. He’s a less athletic but more confident LeBron James. A physical mismatch nightmare and the smartest player on the court who just has that… thing.

And tonight was his HERE I AM NBA statement that we will be hearing about from here to eternity.
Yup. He was the media darling before tonight, but he just became THE NEXT BIG THING virtually single-handedly taking out the big bad #1 seed in a game 7 by himself!

(Obviously he had help, but no one really knows these other guys - luka is the name and it will be 100% looked at as the luka is god series)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

And man did I want to figure out a way to draft Ayton and doncic. I woulda given up just about anything other than Booker (and maybe josh Jackson, lol).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really am stunned by how quickly I got over this.

I am beyond curious to see what the hell this team does this off-season. More out of morbid curiosity, but very very curious.
This was our best chance for an NBA title since 93 IMO. It has been 28 years since we had a legit chance (getting there) and this debacle. Basically, we just blew our window IMO. Most teams only get a couple year window to get it done. We blew it. Again, barring a block buster trade? It's likely we don't get there until I am so old I don't care.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They either can’t count to four or there’s something we don’t know about going on behind the scenes the last 5 days.

I believe there was something going on we do not know about.

This team seemed to really like each other but I didn't see that in the Dallas series, maybe earlier.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe there was something going on we do not know about.

This team seemed to really like each other but I didn't see that in the Dallas series, maybe earlier.
They all seemed pretty chummy while talking trash to the Mavs in Game 5.

Truth is they were just like the Cardinals. Weak front runners.

Unbelievable the turnaround BOTH teams had within single seasons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns ironically lost big time at a position that had been their strength... point guard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They all seemed pretty chummy while talking trash to the Mavs in Game 5.

Truth is they were just like the Cardinals. Weak front runners.

Unbelievable the turnaround BOTH teams had within single seasons.

If the Suns hadn't reached the finals last season this argument would hold more water for me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns hadn't reached the finals last season this argument would hold more water for me.
Last years team has nothing to do with this one. And guess what… last year’s team was a front runner also who once they got punched in the mouth by the Bucks never recovered and got back door swept.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last years team has nothing to do with this one. And guess what… last year’s team was a front runner also who once they got punched in the mouth by the Bucks never recovered and got back door swept.

Suns were injured last season against the Bucks not that it's an excuse. I believe Paul, Payne and Booker played injured to one extent or another.

Also Saric suffered an ACL injury in game 1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson