Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton will be a RFA. He will qualify for the max but not the super max. A sign and trade is looking like a possible option.
Oh that's right. Either way the Suns won't carry more than 2 "max" contracts. They simply won't. Your two max contracts cannot be Ayton and Booker. We will never get a title that way.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He’s a star. He’s just not a championship level #1 superstar.
This off-season should be monumental for Book. He just learned he still isn’t “there” yet. Will he double down on working his ass off to become better?
He should… my gut is that he will. How much better can get get remains a question though..

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's funny is Ayton was being as physical as people have wanted him to be, but each time, he'd get whistled and that was the end of it.

Because his Trunk is weak. He resorts to pushing with his arms instead of leveraging with his trunk. Dude needs to do nothing but heavy squats and deadlifts all summer, but he probably does a bunch of "functional" BS like doing curls while standing on a bosu ball. Maybe CP3 can get him on that awesome vegan diet too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because his Trunk is weak. He resorts to pushing with his arms instead of leveraging with his trunk. Dude needs to do nothing but heavy squats and deadlifts all summer, but he probably does a bunch of "functional" BS like doing curls while standing on a bosu ball. Maybe CP3 can get him on that awesome vegan diet too.

The NBA isn’t played that way anymore. Hell he got a T for dunking on a guy for Christ sakes

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This ayton blame is just stupid.

he can’t create his own shot and never could.

our guard play is what killed us.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's been that way all season long. DA doesnt speak after every game (you know because his interviews are normally the goofiest, most quotacious of them all). The who "respoonsibility" angle here isnt the one to be played. He hasnt spoken after every game this season and that wasnt changing tonight.
Nope. I'm not buying it.

This wasn't just some regular season game. This was the last game of a playoff series, where the #1 seed was unceremoniously removed.

The press usually interview many players from both teams in a game like this. DA, the Suns star center and number one pick from the same draft as Doncic, hardly played in the second half under unusual circumstances. You really think the press didn't want to talk to him?

And why report that he didn't do an interview if there was no expectation of him doing an interview in the first place? There was no report that any other player didn't do an interview.

I'm guessing either he said he didn't want to do the interview or the Suns didn't want him to do the interview after whatever it is that happened tonight.

Either way, it's not a great look for someone whom you say gladly welcomes the responsibility of being the "guy".

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This ayton blame is just stupid.

he can’t create his own shot and never could.

our guard play is what killed us.

Booker choked after talking smack and deserves a ton of blame. CP3 is not worth talking about. He's washed and will break down again next year too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously? It’s not the 90’s.

to me our sorry 3 pt shooting was one of our biggest problems, that lineup only makes it much worse.

But that line up completely controls the boards and could kill a small team inside

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nope. I'm not buying it.

This wasn't just some regular season game. This was the last game of a playoff series, where the #1 seed was unceremoniously removed.

The press usually interview many players from both teams in a game like this. DA, the Suns star center and number one pick from the same draft as Doncic, hardly played in the second half under unusual circumstances. You really think the press didn't want to talk to him?

I'm guessing either he said he didn't want to do the interview or the Suns didn't want him to do the interview after whatever it is that happened tonight.

Either way, it's not a great look for someone whom you say gladly welcomes the responsibility of being the "guy".

Sigh. Go back to games throughout the season and playoffs. You’re making something out of nothing. And even if you still dont believe me, using a post game conference as your barometer for responsibility and accountability is like using your tachometer to measure your speed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is a star and at worst a Top-15 player. Seriously, some of you are insane prisoners of the moment.
Booker is a star but he is not a #1. Ask yourself this. How many #1 stars on teams simply didn't show up on the biggest stage? Sorry, that simply doesn't happen when it counts if you are a #1. Ask Luka.

Booker has to be your #2 star which is why I am arguing you can't max out Ayton. If we do you are saying our #1 and #2 Stars are Booker/Ayton. You are not going to get a third max contract star on this team. No way.