Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You watched C Payne right? Not using Holiday and Ayton being abused nightly did us in. Throw in the fact Bridges is a great role player who can't create his own shot kinda kills us. Matrix part 2

Yup and watched him play great with Paul out.

A healthy player is always better than a hurt player especially when that hurt player is killing the team

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ayton is gone. Between not getting the contract and now this dust up with Monty?

No way the Suns give him a super max and we know Ayton’s camp will demand it.

Ayton will be a RFA. He will qualify for the max but not the super max. A sign and trade is looking like a possible option.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vecenie is connected, btw

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton will be a RFA. He will qualify for the max but not the super max. A sign and trade is looking like a possible option.

It’s the term “the max” that gets guys riled up. Once the new TV contract with streaming and the gambling money comes into play these max contracts today are going to look like bargains in a few years.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. I think they just televise the major contributors. I'm sure the press would want to talk to him after tonight's game. The report that deandre ayton did not give a post game interview implies there was an expectation he would.
It's been that way all season long. DA doesnt speak after every game (you know because his interviews are normally the goofiest, most quotacious of them all). The who "respoonsibility" angle here isnt the one to be played. He hasnt spoken after every game this season and that wasnt changing tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vecenie is connected, btw

Yeah guys here thinking it’s going to be easy replacing him are gonna be in for a shock.

I’d good to trade anyone for the right price. Hell you wanna fire Monty? I’m good with that to

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wasnt a mid first round pick. The reason he “fell” is because they let it be known what they were not going to do.

That's silly. He went to Iowa State and supposedly wanted to go to Sacramento. If he's at the tip of your board, you pick him and call his bluff.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing changed from last year to this year but a slightly better jumper and maybe 4 3s. Ayton is what he is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose