Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. How many times has he broke down in the playoffs?

It's more like the Suns are probably stuck with his contract. It likely has a negative value.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can tell you with confidence the bolded is not true, and it would not surprise me if Ayton has been thinking about an exit strategy for a while now
Just what are you hearing and from what kind of source (if you don’t want to reveal the actual source)?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
To be fair, this board is pretty knowledgeable. We’ve talked about almost every single one of those issues throughout the season, even as we were winning those flaws were apparent to many of us. Somehow all season we found ways to not only overcome those issues, but to thrive. But virtually all of them came to roost simultaneously in the playoffs.
Yup, just about the only thing that we called out through the season that didn't happen is getting killed on the boards.

EVERYTHING ELSE was exposed and Dallas drove right through any crack that opened. Gotta give credit to them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can tell you with confidence the bolded is not true, and it would not surprise me if Ayton has been thinking about an exit strategy for a while now

This is not the right way to exit but you know that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If he wants the responsibility, why did he not do a post game interview?
Was he asked to? I mean, he had a pretty bad and a public spat with the coach. The only two who speak on the regular are Book and CP3

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Paul was indeed injured that makes me want Monty gone even more.

If Paul is hurt you sit him. We’ve played great without him the last two years. You don’t keep running him out to be a liability and handicap the team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was he asked to? I mean, he had a pretty bad and a public spat with the coach. The only two who speak on the regular are Book and CP3

Right it’s always Booker and CP37

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think they all usually speak post game.
It's the two I mentioned and then significant contributors during the game. Even in a vacuum Ayton doesnt speak because of how bad he played (since there arent locker room interviews at the moment)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If Paul is hurt you sit him. We’ve played great without him the last two years. You don’t keep running him out to be a liability and handicap the team.
You watched C Payne right? Not using Holiday and Ayton being abused nightly did us in. Throw in the fact Bridges is a great role player who can't create his own shot kinda kills us. Matrix part 2

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's the two I mentioned and then significant contributors during the game. Even in a vacuum Ayton doesnt speak because of how bad he played
I'm not so sure about that. I think they just televise the major contributors. I'm sure the press would want to talk to him after tonight's game. The report that deandre ayton did not give a post game interview implies there was an expectation he would.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is just forcing his way out..he's done. He wants the bag but not the responsibility...see ya
I was happy when they stalled with negotiations. They saw what some here saw. Imo. Lack of passion and desire to be great. He had the same, i didn't win MVP embiid pouty look on the court. I don't like that look.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Pump the breaks. No coach would’ve sat Paul. None.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think Ayton is gone. Between not getting the contract and now this dust up with Monty?

No way the Suns give him a super max and we know Ayton’s camp will demand it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave