and that, overall, the Mavs had 23 2nd chance points to 0 for the Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol of course we now hear about an injury.

Yeah, the Suns weren't going to tell the Mavericks.

It makes sense. The day he turned 37 his performance dropped off the table.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Save the whole I was injured BS paul

And if Paul was hurt Monty should of had the balls to sit him. This team played great with him out it’s not like we haven’t done it before

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this coming. Wait for similar comments on Book, Bridges, Cam, Ayton, Crowder, the towel guy, the waterboy, the guy who mixes the gatorade...

It doesn't explain the other players performances.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's being reported Chris Paul had a quad injury. This would explain a lot about his performance.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Makes sense. He couldn’t do his dance to get open. Doesn’t explain his turnovers though. If he can’t do what he does he shouldn’t have played. We would’ve been better off have Payne and holiday been up and down instead of just Paul being completely ineffective.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol of course we now hear about an injury.
I get it. They weren’t going to tell their opponent what was bothering him. But they should’ve cut way back on his minutes. I don’t care what he demanded. That’s on monty.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
When you think about it, it's amazing all the things that were exposed this series:
- CP3's age and decline
- Cam Payne's inability to do anything
- Booker's inability to be effective when hard doubled
- All the role players clanking open shots
- Mikal's defense on larger players
- Ayton's aggressiveness (or lack thereof)
- Monty's stubbornness and inability to adjust

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. He could do his dance to get open. Doesn’t explain his turnovers though. If he can’t do what he does he shouldn’t have played. We would’ve been better off have Payne and holiday been up and down instead of just Paul being completely ineffective.

It certainly doesn't explain not playing Holiday. Payne hasn't played well for awhile.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Save the whole I was injured BS paul

And if Paul was hurt Monty should of had the balls to sit him. This team played great with him out it’s not like we haven’t done it before
Yep. Lame. Such a great way to epitomize all of it.....soft.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
only a fool would pass a snide remark about "now" hearing about a Paul injury when it should have been obvious to anyone with eyes. And it's not something you'd want the Mavs to know. Monty probably felt he owed it to Paul to let him play through it if that's what he wanted to do.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it. They weren’t going to tell their opponent what was bothering him. But they should’ve cut way back on his minutes. I don’t care what he demanded. That’s on monty.
The mysterious poor play followed by post series injury report is starting to just look like excuses.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
way wrong about Crowder too. yea, he hasn't been shy about taking shots in the first quarter all year, regardless of how often he misses. He needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Ayton will not be doing postgame interviews? I've seen other Suns players doing interviews.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
at least Shamet proved he wasn’t completely worthless in the playoffs. And Crowder earned another season

His shot is too flat and we inexplicably gave him a 4 year $40 million contract before he played a minute for us. We traded a draft pick for him. Could've taken Herb Jones, a JJ pick if I ever saw one.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ayton is just forcing his way out..he's done. He wants the bag but not the responsibility...see ya

Can tell you with confidence the bolded is not true, and it would not surprise me if Ayton has been thinking about an exit strategy for a while now

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When you think about it, it's amazing all the things that were exposed this series:
- CP3's age and decline
- Cam Payne's inability to do anything
- Booker's inability to be effective when hard doubled
- All the role players clanking open shots
- Mikal's defense on larger players
- Ayton's aggressiveness (or lack thereof)
- Monty's stubbornness and inability to adjust
To be fair, this board is pretty knowledgeable. We’ve talked about almost every single one of those issues throughout the season, even as we were winning those flaws were apparent to many of us. Somehow all season we found ways to not only overcome those issues, but to thrive. But virtually all of them came to roost simultaneously in the playoffs.