Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? I didn’t dig up anything old. The Luka Ayton thing was debated and brought up LAST WEEK DURING THIS SERIES.

And the get a life stuff? I get you’re mad at the Suns but you’re making beef all on your own here dude. I ain’t gonna bite.

It was brought up during game 1 and 2.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Bridges may get traded he's probably our most valuable chip...
I think Booker, Bridges and Johnson should be the key players we rebuild around. If Ayton is still demanding a max contract I don't how they can possibly justify giving it to him but if he is willing to accept less then I feel need to keep him. The internal strife during the game between him and Monty is a bit concerning though.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great....now we will get pennies on the dollar for Ayton when all this comes out..will probably have to add Bridges to get anything good

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Care to share? If the Suns had given Ayton the supermax they would be in even worse trouble.
He's not eligible for the super max, but he's getting maxed for sure. Money's not the question, the question is for how much longer is Ayton willing to sacrifice his game for the team?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not eligible for the super max, but he's getting maxed for sure. Money's not the question, the question is for how much longer is Ayton willing to sacrifice his game for the team?

This past summer Ayton could have been extended for the same amount as Luka, $207 million, not that he would have earned the incentives.

TJ

Reaction score
People need to pump the breaks on Booker, Ayton, and Monty. All had major lapses during the series at inopportune times, but weren't consistent sieves like CP3 and Mikal.

TJ

Reaction score
This past summer Ayton could have been extended for the same amount as Luka, $207 million, not that he would have earned the incentives.
No. The most Ayton couldve earned was $173 as Ayton hasnt been selected to all-NBA yet

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Aytons game was hindered by our style of play over the years? Lol. Good stuff.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? I didn’t dig up anything old. The Luka Ayton thing was debated and brought up LAST WEEK DURING THIS SERIES.

And the get a life stuff? I get you’re mad at the Suns but you’re making beef all on your own here dude. I ain’t gonna bite.
I wasn't personally addressing you. I was making a broad sweep. I didn't make it clear and i apologize.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The most Ayton couldve earned was $173 as Ayton hasnt been selected to all-NBA yet

I mentioned the incentive part. It could have been part of Ayton's contract last summer but he would have had to earn it.

TJ

Reaction score
Bridges was the worst starter in the series.
Agree. Bridges is tasked with being the defensive stopper of this team but was a major liability in that department, even during the NO series. Dude was getting 40-pieced a lot after the AS break

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's being reported Chris Paul had a quad injury. This would explain a lot about his performance.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Payne and CJ entered the playoffs playing like garbage. They never got better. CP3 nosed dived out of no where. Booker trash talked his way into oblivion towards the end. The "Luka Special" statement did him in.
Agree… especially about Book. Many on here came at me hard when I condemned Book for making such a weak-ass, immature rookie move. And Luka took his ass to the woodshed, where he shoved Book’s comment down his throat!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges was the worst starter in the series.
Man it’s tough to pick just one. I think I rank them (worst to best based on what we needed from them):

WORST
Paul
Bridges
Ayton/Booker - pick ‘em
Cam Payne (you don’t play you can’t help)
Javale (see Payne)
Cam Johnson
Shamet
Crowder
BEST

That’s pretty inverted from what was needed.