Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is bagging on our players but Monty deserves a huge chunk of the blame.

He was out-coached most of the playoffs. His adjustments were non-existent. He refused to play Holiday even though our guard play struggled.

He simply coached badly in the playoffs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The brain just don't work.

This isn't to make light of the kid if he does have some mental lapses and fire...but how can you keep that on your team with what he's demanding? I think they see this. I at least hope they do. Better question.. what can we get for the kid if the words out about his mental fortitude?

This isn’t an Ayton thing. I think Monty has lost this team

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont blame Ayton for being pissed. This has been brewing for some time.

Care to share? If the Suns had given Ayton the supermax they would be in even worse trouble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know everyone is bagging on our players but Monty deserves a huge chunk of the blame.

He was out-coached most of the playoffs. His adjustments were non-existent. He refused to play Holiday even though our guard play struggled.

He simply coached badly in the playoffs.
I agree. He was also thoroughly outcoached by bud and lue last year.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Monty and Chris and Booker in the press conference emphasizing they had a bad game which is true but fact is games 3, 4 and 6 were bad as well and last series vs Pelicans this team did look exposed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s on Twitter

They had to be separated
When? At half or after game?

I’m actually glad to hear this. Wish Ayton showed that fire on the court. Of course we will get rid of Ayton instead of monty.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you have access to a different report, it would appear you have this backward.

What I’m seeing is DA questioned him. Monty responded with “what did you say” then that’s when DA didn’t back down.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Judging from Monty’s comments, it sounds to me like Monty had seen enough, lost trust and confidence in DA and sat his lazy ass.
Good observation. Didn't take much to notice the lulling around that guy gets into.. in the playoffs nonetheless?! That takes a special kind of player I tell ya...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess. If someone wants to debate that question fine. But digging up old posts from weeks and years ago like what happened at the end of the Cardinals season.

Not cool and definitely "get a life".
Huh? I didn’t dig up anything old. The Luka Ayton thing was debated and brought up LAST WEEK DURING THIS SERIES.

And the get a life stuff? I get you’re mad at the Suns but you’re making beef all on your own here dude. I ain’t gonna bite.