This Team is About To Be Broken Up!

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
The run is officially over! There will be major fallout after this game! The team as we knew it the last couple of years, will not be the same from here on out? The only two players guaranteed to be back next year is Booker and a declining Chris Paul who has three years and 90 million dollars left on his contract. Very, very disappointing!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The run is officially over! There will be major fallout after this game! The team as we knew it the last couple of years, will not be the same from here on out? The only two players guaranteed to be back next year is Booker and a declining Chris Paul who has three years and 90 million dollars left on his contract. Very, very disappointing!!!
Not quite accurate. Next year is fully guaranteed, but his final year is not guaranteed and the year in between is only partially guaranteed (15.8). So worst case scenario we're only on the hook for about half of that 90 Million.

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Not quite accurate. Next year is fully guaranteed, but his final year is not guaranteed and the year in between is only partially guaranteed (15.8). So worst case scenario we're only on the hook for about half of that 90 Million.
Maybe Willie Green would take him for some veteran leadership for that young, up and coming team!

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
The Pelicans and the Mavericks exposed and exploited this roster. There is now a blueprint on how to beat this Suns team!

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
I am betting that they will listen to sign and trade offers for Ayton and will entertain offers for Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson, who are considered as major trade chips. I think it’s very possible that one or two of these three players plus some of the role players, will not be on this team before the start of next season!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am betting that they will listen to sign and trade offers for Ayton and will entertain offers for Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson, who are considered as major trade chips. I think it’s very possible that one or two of these three players plus some of the role players, will not be on this team before the start of next season!
I think what we do the offseason will likely depend on why we collapsed and the outcome of the investigation.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
Embarrassing game 7 loss.....never were in this one. Many changes need to be made, Aryton would be good trade bait.
It will be an interesting off season.

Reaction score
The Pelicans and the Mavericks exposed and exploited this roster. There is now a blueprint on how to beat this Suns team!
I don't know if you guys remember but I began saying right after the big Atlanta loss, followed I think 4 games later by the Pelicans loss that the NBA had the Suns figured out.
They played lethargically for the final 10 games of the regular season, looked bad against the Pels. Bigger/more physical teams were abusing Paul, Booker, and Ayton. It's ok to have one---even two---smaller guys. But it's really hard to compensate for three non physical players. This had been the Suns problem throughout the 70s when they couldn't offset the defensive/rebounding liabilities of Adams/Westphal/Davis. It places too much burden on two good defenders (which we really only have one, Bridges) to compensate.

I do look for this team to be seriously broken up, not because of money but because all the offseason deals were meant to specifically augment Paul/Booker/Ayton and that trio just can't do it. In that sense Booker reminds me a lot of Davis---superb on offense at the small forward but too vulnerable. So they made him a guard. But even Booker is outmatched by people such as Doncic or the Greek.

I even thought last year we lucked out against a much larger Clips team. So we'll see, but this iteration ain't it.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL! My Twitter feed is trolling me. Quite the future bet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
The suns need size. Both years in the playoffs, they have been out rebounded and hasn't even been close. They give up way too many second opportunities. Not just that, but monty needs to teach his guys to box out. They leave it all to ayton. Which usually works OK, till you meet other teams who know to box out or have a bigger guy

Reaction score
When you have blown off steam and feel ready to develop emotional distance, you can along with me start intellectually appreciating the strangeness of this Suns team and its behavior. Due to its inexplicable lack of care, every single reaction I have read--on this site and elsewhere--is utter disgust. It's as though the team wanted to lose; and everyone is justifiably angry at it. In the time I was a fan (1993-2016), I never saw anything like it. It is unique for being a good Suns team that nobody wants to see again--someone already said so. Don't you just wonder what happened?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't roll out there with this team again. They lack mental toughness you need to win a title. This loss is the type of soul sucking loss that will haunt these guys forever. That is two major collapses two consecutive years in the playoffs.

People talk about our culture. Guess what? That is now part of our culture.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The next 2 season are fully guaranteed and the 3rd year is partially guaranteed.

It's about $75 million but point taken.

Reaction score
You can't roll out there with this team again. They lack mental toughness you need to win a title. This loss is the type of soul sucking loss that will haunt these guys forever. That is two major collapses two consecutive years in the playoffs.

People talk about our culture. Guess what. That is now part of our culture.
Certainly, except...could they develop mental toughness because of this? Might they play next season full of smoldering rage which they put to a constructive purpose? I wonder.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certainly, except...could they develop mental toughness because of this? Might they play next season full of smoldering rage which they put to a constructive purpose? I wonder.
No. The Suns talked the talk about how much they learned last year and were on the revenge tour garbage. They folded again. That takes a toll on any human being knowing you folded two years in a row.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next 2 season are fully guaranteed and the 3rd year is partially guaranteed.

It's about $75 million but point taken.
Spotrac shows it the way I stated but I have no idea if they're accurate.
2023-24 $15,800,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/28/2023
2024-25 non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/28/2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotrac shows it the way I stated but I have no idea if they're accurate.
2023-24 $15,800,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/28/2023
2024-25 non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/28/2024

This is what it says but it doesn't sound right. If correct, Paul's contract is not as burdensome.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only time will tell….this is a major blow to our team’s psyche but winning a championship starts with doing little things. I felt like we never actually played great even when we won during the season. It’s hard to describe but I don’t think our record encapsulated how good we were because of all the clutch time stats.

We’re front runners. 51-0 when leading after 3. So we were subsequently 20-24 I believe when that didn’t happen. I still believe in this team but only they can make the changes. It’s on Book, Monty, CP3 to figure it out.

I’m going ride with this team until I’m in my grave….not gonna let this loss change that but we better make changes to our identity and how we construct this roster.

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone thinks the Mud would win one game against the Warriors, much less defeat them four times. Pity. Some viewers get angry at the opposing team, and want to feel avenged by seeing the team's next opponent defeat it. Me? Not usually. I'd rather see the Mud give the league the finger by going to the Finals. I can't even imagine it going on to defeat the league's more favored team (Celtics or Heat), as the franchise did in 2011.

A 2022 NBA champion...Dallas Mud?? It can't be called a we-believe team--nobody does believe in them. It would therefore win as a we-don't-believe-it team. That's arguably stranger than a record-breaking Suns team that decided it no longer cared about winning. Here's a literary comparison to the idea. In eighth grade, I had to read some short story--sorry, I don't remember the title or author--that satirized the public adulation of Charles Lindbergh for flying around the world. Some other guy subsequently flies around the world, but he's a crude sleazebag that nobody likes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose