Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
My first strong memory about the Suns was when we traded my favorite player for some stiff named Mel Counts. Grabbing Gail Goodrich from the Lakers in the expansion draft was great, giving him back to the Lakers was a real low point for me. And not much later Connie started showing signs of declining.
You got us beat. Were you a fan from the beginning? 68/69 season?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My mental health cant tolerate a Game 7.
I'm meh on it at this point. I'm sure I'll get into it a little more into the emotions as the game goes on. But, if we continue playing with the same lack of energy I've seen from this team throughout the playoffs, I won't sweat it one bit. I've got better things to worry about. That said.. I'll be super pissed if we come out playing with fire and passion and lose. But, that's a paradox, cause it we do that there is no way in hell they beat us. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got us beat. Were you a fan from the beginning? 68/69 season?
Yeah, in 1967 I was a kid bussing tables at a sandwich shop/bar on 5th Avenue listening to the old guys talk about the possibility the NBA might expand to Phoenix. Unforunately the Commissioner was dead set against it but I guess enough of the owners insisted on it.

The restuarant owner bought all the old regulars a round the day it was announced we were getting a team. I got a free soda, boy was I bummed since I'd been helping myself to free soda the entire time I worked there. Anyway, before you knew it we had a team and player's faces began showing up on milk cartons not long after.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm meh on it at this point. I'm sure I'll get into it a little more into the emotions as the game goes on. But, if we continue playing with the same lack of energy I've seen from this team throughout the playoffs, I won't sweat it one bit. I've got better things to worry about. That said.. I'll be super pissed if we come out playing with fire and passion and lose. But, that's a paradox, cause it we do that there is no way in hell they beat us. :)
Well, sure, you've already gone bananas so you don't have to worry about your mental health. :cool:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on leperchaun team beat the bucks!!! Hope celtics hang on in 2nd half

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on leperchaun team beat the bucks!!! Hope celtics hang on in 2nd half

Regardless of what happens with the Suns, I'd like to see the Celtics win. Of course I dream of another Finals match-up from years past.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was 11 when this was happening and the Suns were my whole world

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our crowd needs to be like the Boston crowd today. I hope they aren't like game 5. That was poor.

I think Dallas wins. The playoffs so far have had nothing really interesting happen. No big upsets. The Mavs are in a perfect spot. They can just let it fly. The pressure is all on the Suns. I thought you could see a lot of doubt and frustration on the Suns faces in game 6. Don't like that at all. These playoffs are overdue for an upset and it will be the Suns. The Mother's Day curse gets us again.

Hope i am proven completely wrong.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you have yourself emotionally prepared for any outcome. :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our crowd needs to be like the Boston crowd today. I hope they aren't like game 5. That was poor.

I think Dallas wins. The playoffs so far have had nothing really interesting happen. No big upsets. The Mavs are in a perfect spot. They can just let it fly. The pressure is all on the Suns. I thought you could see a lot of doubt and frustration on the Suns faces in game 6. Don't like that at all. These playoffs are overdue for an upset and it will be the Suns. The Mother's Day curse gets us again.

Yeah… there hasn’t been a SHOCKER moment. The playoffs are due for one.

Man it would blow to lose a Game 7 at home after the season we had.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I feel like TNT mutes out a lot of the crowd noise compared to ESPN/ABC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting texts from random Phoenix numbers about this game and I have no idea who they are. That’s how big this game is… everyone, even people I don’t know… are coming out of the woodwork!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Game 7 for the Suns was Suns v. Clippers in 2006, right? That was a back and forth slugfest where Nash looked atrocious all series with his back, but somehow turned it all around in Game 7 and I think we won by like 30. I remember Nash hitting a three up top right after the tip and felt like… YES! HE’S BACK AND WE ARE WINNING THIS F’ING ROUND!

Hoping CP3 has that in him today as well.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last Game 7 for the Suns was Suns v. Clippers in 2006, right? That was a back and forth slugfest where Nash looked atrocious all series with his back, but somehow turned it all around in Game 7 and I think we won by like 30. I remember Nash hitting a three up top right after the tip and felt like… YES! HE’S BACK AND WE ARE WINNING THIS F’ING ROUND!

Hoping CP3 has that in him today as well.

Was that the Tim Thomas game?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Have we successfully lured Luka's large ass into a all-you-can-eat buffet and locked the door from the outside until tomorrow?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose