Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Lorenzo

Reaction score
But on the real.

Yall need to buck up. We're gunna win this game. The Mavs can only beat us when we decide throw the ball out of bounds 20 times in a game. We ain't doing it at home in a game 7. I expect this team to come out and play nails.

I don't get why we've sucked so much butt in Dallas this series, it is a mystery, but we're going to find our way again at home and wreck these guys. We're gunna win this hecking series!

Now... am I optimistic about playing a Warriors team that just out rebounded the Grizz by like 80 boards in a single game and has a propensity for injuring anyone who they find inconvenient to play against?
I agree with a lot of this. I don’t think Dallas can win a game 7 road game. I do hope they play a close game at the very least. But the trend shows it will be a blow out.

I think some of the struggles Phoenix have had have a lot to do with the way Dallas’ roll players played in Dallas, particularly on defense. Defense is the key to this game. Dallas are better this year than most give them credit for, if you mainly look at their results since January. They had a very poor start to the season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this. I don’t think Dallas can win a game 7 road game. I do hope they play a close game at the very least. But the trend shows it will be a blow out.

I think some of the struggles Phoenix have had have a lot to do with the way Dallas’ roll players played in Dallas, particularly on defense. Defense is the key to this game. Dallas are better this year than most give them credit for, if you mainly look at their results since January. They had a very poor start to the season.

The Mavs have certainly defended better and shot better in Dallas, which isn't that unusual, especially in the playoffs, their role players certainly ride the tide. But what irks me is the Suns committing so many unforced errors on the road, throwing the ball away repeatedly and in spots without much pressure, they were doing it in the Pelicans series too. They also forget their offense. At home guys seem more willing to shoot, probably because the fans go "OOOOOHH" as soon as a guy gets an open look. On the road the Suns keep passing up open shots, forcing guys to take contested rubbish late in the clock.

At home they're a completely different team, a much higher level of energy and guys fired up to attack and score.

But this is a team that came close to setting the NBA record for road winning percentage... I know regular season is different but they're 1-4 on the road now. They need to find their ruthlessness again if they want to accomplish their goals.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OT, but good grief. Sounds like the Mavericks and their security dropped the ball big time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OT, but good grief. Sounds like the Mavericks and their security dropped the ball big time.

Whoa. That’s scary

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read Foster is the official? Is this real?

Unless something has changed the referees are:

Zach Zarba (#15) Tony Brothers (#25) Josh Tiven (#58) Bill Kennedy (#55)

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I read that a couple days ago, the AAC and Dallas Police dept. both really should pay for the way they handled that situation. unbelievable

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I musta read something wrong lol
I was about to flip out
I think I read that he was assigned elsewhere but had to bow out due to Covid so we're doubly safe. Hopefully Paul, Bookers and others will remember that Tony Brothers has a short fuse.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think I read that he was assigned elsewhere but had to bow out due to Covid so we're doubly safe. Hopefully Paul, Bookers and others will remember that Tony Brothers has a short fuse.
Brothers is terrible but I’m glad the Foster aura won’t be in our guy’s minds. He must be legitimately injured to miss a full week.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welppppp a big welp gm 7 day is upon us

Im hopin wishin right team shows

Everyone have a ok sun regardless on outcome been a fun season

Gooo suns ton.... soooooo fing mervous

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should be getting ready to watch Boston and Milwaukee and thinking about the future matchup with GSW. Instead I am feeling awfully nervous, right down to the pit of my stomach. Darn you, Suns. ;)

Yeah, when I watch these games I'm always in scout mode. It's hard to watch the Celtics-Bucks game not knowing if the Suns advance.

I've had a tough time sleeping since Thursday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder is 1-1 in game sevens.

Chris Paul is 3-4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics