Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am not even upset when they lose, as long as they play how they can play. Sometimes the other team is just better. I do, however, get pissed when they play like garbage. What is driving me crazy is that the Suns are the best damn team in the NBA, and they have been playing like a mid-tier team for months now. They have the ability to destroy Dallas with minimal effort, but they just look as if though they don't want to play. Last year, I could say that it was simply lack of experience, but they have plenty of experience at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul says his hand is "cool" but I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns played like utter ****. Monty's rotations are **** to. It's absurd that McGee got a DNPCD. Also, it's dumb that Holiday doesn't get some time out there. He can at least shoot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is glad for some extra time off before game 7.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know why Monty won't play Holiday.

The way Payne is playing I don't think Payton could be worse and I never thought I would say this.
This is goofy message board talk. When the team plays poorly, we decide it must be the coach's fault and its always some super simple thing that the coach can't see and we can. Holiday isn't playing because he can't run an offense. This is like when everyone wanted the Suns to reacquire Craig, then when he does come back we all remember that he's a pretty limited player.

The Suns aren't losing because Monty is stubborn for not playing Holiday. The Suns were playing careless on offense again. Chris Paul is terrible, Booker played desperate (in a bad way) and Bridges was terrible. Ayton was pretty good though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is goofy message board talk. When the team plays poorly, we decide it must be the coach's fault and its always some super simple thing that the coach can't see and we can. Holiday isn't playing because he can't run an offense. This is like when everyone wanted the Suns to reacquire Craig, then when he does come back we all remember that he's a pretty limited player.

The Suns aren't losing because Monty is stubborn for not playing Holiday. The Suns were playing careless on offense again. Chris Paul is terrible, Booker played desperate (in a bad way) and Bridges was terrible. Ayton was pretty good though.
That’s only part of it. The teams bench has been huge all season. With Payne on the floor the Suns were turning the ball over more, the offense was more stagnant we gave up more leads with him on the floor than any other player.

It took Monty until the last game to make a move despite Payne playing like this since March. It’s no coincidence that as soon as he replaced Payne we won. The problem is that Shamet has not been consistent all year. Expecting him to do it two games in a row was probably reaching.

So, yes, they are losing in part because Monty has had bad rotations since the playoffs started. It’s not the only reason and yes the Suns are playing careless. You don’t fix that by keeping the same thing in place.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s only part of it. The teams bench has been huge all season. With Payne on the floor the Suns were turning the ball over more, the offense was more stagnant we gave up more leads with him on the floor than any other player.

It took Monty until the last game to make a move despite Payne playing like this since March. It’s no coincidence that as soon as he replaced Payne we won. The problem is that Shamet has not been consistent all year. Expecting him to do it two games in a row was probably reaching.

So, yes, they are losing in part because Monty has had bad rotations since the playoffs started. It’s not the only reason and yes he Suns are playing careless. You don’t fix that by keeping he same thing in place.
Wasn't Payne playing well when Paul was injured? I think he's sucked in the playoffs since he got hurt right before the season ended.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holiday and McGee seeing no time is inexcusable! Monty is killing us with his bs rotations! No reason Bench couldn’t be getting some run! Such nonsense that he doesn’t try some different rotations! Monty your killing us, hit I’ve been drinking all night so what do I know!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Payne playing well when Paul was injured? I think he's sucked in the playoffs since he got hurt right before the season ended.
Payne hasn’t scored in double digits back to back since mid-march. He shot 30% from 3 this season and his FG% took a dip too. Even though he had a a good stretch with Paul out, overall he has not come close to what he did last year. In the playoffs he somehow managed to get worse.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Payne hasn’t scored in double digits back to back since mid-march. He shot 30% from 3 this season and his FG% took a dip too. Even though he had a a good stretch with Paul out, overall he has not come close to what he did last year. In the playoffs he somehow managed to get worse.
I think the "somehow" might be the injury.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly think we're going to smoke them in game 7... but I am perplexed. This team is so easily taken out of their game by opposing crowds and by a single bad call.

The refs didn't have anything to do with our loss tonight, but I think, from the moment Booker got screwed on that call in the second, we totally fell apart.

These dudes need to sack up, last year, most of this year, we feasted on shutting up home crowds.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly think we're going to smoke them in game 7... but I am perplexed. This team is so easily taken out of their game by opposing crowds and by a single bad call.

The refs didn't have anything to do with our loss tonight, but I think, from the moment Booker got screwed on that call in the second, we totally fell apart.

These dudes need to sack up.

We are trying our best not to complain. I’m not sure why there’s no fire with this squad. Cp3 looks done. We are missing way too many open looks. Mavs are playing the gaps and not true man, their length is really bothering our ball movement. At the same time we are hbu guys just sit in the corners awaiting a pass.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well I disagree with you people who said Dallas played ho hum. Dallas brought it tonight with their D and it fueled there offense much like ours does. they played with twice the Energy we did. we went 1 quarter and a half not giving them open 3's and it was a 2 point game , then suddenly we started thinking we needed to protect the rim and left the flood gates open. and Dallas capitalized on that and the game was over.
There is still a game 7 so I hope all the negative haters that say we are done don't watch and don't bring all your negativity back to this forum. saying that this team sucks and our players are trash sounds as ignorant as it gets. we may suck in certain games and player having bad games happen, it doesn't mean they are trash! but please Believe the sky is falling and crawl in a hole and don't come out until next year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, Dallas played excellent defense but we did have enough opportunities and threw them away, literally, in many cases with bad passes. and their offense was nothing special.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose