Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns may not win the title but they better beat this Dallas team. They’ll get clowned hard if they come up short vs a team they’ve been talking junk to and were overwhelming favorites against.
If we don't.. might wanna look into a Bron for Ayton trade for his and CPs last hurrah!

:Hides under table:

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we don't.. might wanna look into a Bron for Ayton trade for his and CPs last hurrah!

Some justify DA over Luka saying Booker needs ball and Booker wouldn't do well with guy like luka who needs ball.

Last I looked, LeBron needs the rock

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my Gut tells me we lose tonight, my mind thinks we can close it out Depending on what team shows up. if we are aggressive and play Suns D we win and demoralize them!!! my gut will be full of beer and hopefully full of crap!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my Gut tells me we lose tonight, my mind thinks we can close it out Depending on what team shows up. if we are aggressive and play Suns D we win and demoralize them!!! my gut will be full of beer and hopefully full of crap!

We close it. The game 5 win was demoralizing, even though it was at home, the mavs were just never in it. The other suns loses the suns were in it and felt that a few calls could have changed the game. game 6 never felt like that

Just a bit tmi there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First quarter will tell us everything. If we can keep this game close, not let that place go nuts, anxiety will start to rise. If we smell blood, we go in for the kill.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Really? Hasn't most of his career been plagued with the label that he's too pass--ive? ;) I think he could work here.. based on his relationship with CP and Booker would get his. IMO.
As much as I hate the idea it would at least work on offense. LeBron is certainly more unselfish with the ball than Luka and obviously CP doesn’t really need to shoot all that much.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm taking my son to see Coldplay at the Cardinal's stadium so I will have to watch it when I get home.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First quarter will tell us everything. If we can keep this game close, not let that place go nuts, anxiety will start to rise. If we smell blood, we go in for the kill.
I don't know. First quarter didn't tell us everything last game. I think if the game is close it will come down to the 3rd quarter and again tell us everything. If we are ahead? We win. If we trail? We likely will lose (again assuming it's not a couple point game).

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No reason to hide under the table. If there was a snowball's chance of it happening, maybe it would piss off some people but it's too far out there to mean much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Monty will turn to Landry Shamet as the backup point guard and Bismack Biyombo as the backup center off the bench.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No reason to hide under the table. If there was a snowball's chance of it happening, maybe it would piss off some people but it's too far out there to mean much.
Unfortunatley it's not that far out. Phil Jackson is telling Jeanie Buss to trade him, and honestly I think that would be the Lakers best move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know. First quarter didn't tell us everything last game. I think if the game is close it will come down to the 3rd quarter and again tell us everything. If we are ahead? We win. If we trail? We likely will lose (again assuming it's not a couple point game).
I actually think 2nd qtr is more important on the road.

We need the game close by half time, I expect them to come out on fire.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should hide.

I won't root for the suns if he is on the team.
I don't think we have to worry about it. No way it would happen in a trade for Ayton and not just because Sarver and Rich Paul cannot co-exist. Of course, all bets are off if Robert Sarver is forced out right after the playoffs. It's still unlikely to be a trade for Ayton though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatley it's not that far out. Phil Jackson is telling Jeanie Buss to trade him, and honestly I think that would be the Lakers best move.
It absolutely would be their best move. Or maybe second best move, behind trading AD before his value plummets any further. But like I said, it won't happen as long as Rich Paul is tied to Lebron or Sarver is tied to Phoenix.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two different things though. Trading Lebron, likely. Trading him to the Suns, almost impossible while Sarver remains a part of the organization.
What's the sarver/LeBron dilemma?.... Because he won't take on the contract?