Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He is well away before he says anything to Booker, keeps backing up, smirks and nods his head...still backing up.

Again, he wants to be a long distance smack talker that's one thing. Talking about toughness to the media after the fact, that's the issue
I’m surprised you fall for the fake tough guy stuff. As Barkley said after the game when the chriss nonsense was happening, none of these guys are going to actually fight. It’s all BS bravado. Doing it in a guys face or as you get back on defense makes no difference. For a guy who you’re painting as a wuss, doncic sure takes a physical beating game after game and keeps coming back for more.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ughhhh busy work week stupid meetings lol

Please make my night better by beating down lol luka mavs again just end this nooooo gm 7 stresser u never know in those

Got my 420 suns stash only rdy fingers heavily triple crossed.

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m surprised you fall for the fake tough guy stuff. As Barkley said after the game when the chriss nonsense was happening, none of these guys are going to actually fight. It’s all BS bravado. Doing it in a guys face or as you get back on defense makes no difference. For a guy who you’re painting as a wuss, doncic sure takes a physical beating game after game and keeps coming back for more.
Yep.
Luka and jokic are targets for fans and players

Wish jokic would have clobbered dude who unnecessarily slapped him down low as an insult

Love the short video on ESPN app where jokic got MVP trophy in Serbia

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Do you know what is being talked about here? It's about a comment he made to the media as he was walking by in the tunnel. I'm not sure how you don't see that unless you didn't realize that was what was being talked about.
I missed that. My comments about him being humble in the media are the press conferences that I’ve seen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a tool. "When you're up, everybody is trying to talk." He's been talking from the beginning, give me a break.
I think you’re making his point for him. He’s not waiting to be up 20 before talking tough. He, for right or wrong, is gonna talk trash from the jump.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think you’re making his point for him. He’s not waiting to be up 20 before talking tough. He, for right or wrong, is gonna talk trash from the jump.
Yeah that’s one of MJ’s famous quotes from the last dance, as he swings a baseball bat by his locker.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ok, but I'm not sure what you mean. He's saying when they're up, people talk. I'm saying he himself talks whether he's up or not.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, but I'm not sure what you mean. He's saying when they're up, people talk. I'm saying he himself talks whether he's up or not.
right... it means he's going to go at guys and talk trash from the jump, believeing he can make good on his words. he's not going to wait to be up 20 to talk trash. He's basically accusing the Suns of being front-runners, who only talk tough when they're winning. whether he's right or wrong is a different story. this team seems to have edge to them all the time, especially Book who's never shy about talking trash.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
right... it means he's going to go at guys and talk trash from the jump, believeing he can make good on his words. he's not going to wait to be up 20 to talk trash. He's basically accusing the Suns of being front-runners, who only talk tough when they're winning. whether he's right or wrong is a different story. this team seems to have edge to them all the time, especially Book who's never shy about talking trash.
I get the sense Booker is probably talking the whole game. That being said talking while you’re losing seems like a weird thing to do.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
if you're down 20 or 30, sure. but if a game is close and you're losing, I think the biggest competitors are probably still jawing no matter what.
Yeah that’s more what I meant. As long as it fairly close and of course there will be a level of talking while your dominating as well.

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't get the everyone talks when you're up line. Like no duh lol. Would Luka not talk trash if they came back and won in 7?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just DGAF about trash talk or what color shoes someone is wearing or who's dating who.
Put the ball in the basket more than the other team and lets move this party to the WCF! TONIGHT!

We need Landry to come out with the same fire he had last game. And Book needs to hit 50 pts just to shut the door on Luka.
I would also approve of DA scoring 50 alongside of or instead of Booker.
Suns by 44
Rarw!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just took it to mean that it's only when the Suns are up 20 that they talk trash. Which is not true, of course.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just DGAF about trash talk or what color shoes someone is wearing or who's dating who.
Put the ball in the basket more than the other team and lets move this party to the WCF! TONIGHT!

We need Landry to come out with the same fire he had last game. And Book needs to hit 50 pts just to shut the door on Luka.
I would also approve of DA scoring 50 alongside of or instead of Booker.
Suns by 44
Rarw!
I’m with MUGGZ!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose