The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy on Warriors world today grasping at straws. No team in NBA history apparently has ever won a title the same year they lost a playoff game by at least 40 points. So the Warriors cutting it to 39 means they still have a chance!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently after game 4 a reporter asked Steven Adams a question where he phrased it as Adams being big. Adams joked with him are you calling me fat? Don't call me fat you W A N K E R!

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the Warriors be able to live down blowing another 3-1 lead? Especially where they suffer one of the worst losses in 30 years.

I've been seeing it as house money since the series started figuring Memphis was the better team but yeah blowing 3-1 would really suck since it seems pretty likely this is the best chance they have for several years. Even with Poole, Kuminga and hopefully Wiseman it's pretty apparent Klay isn't getting all the way back, Draymond has fallen off and Steph is human.

and I just realized tomorrow is Friday the 13th which makes the game 6 even scarier.

All the pressure is on them will be interesting to see if they can overcome it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been seeing it as house money since the series started figuring Memphis was the better team but yeah blowing 3-1 would really suck since it seems pretty likely this is the best chance they have for several years. Even with Poole, Kuminga and hopefully Wiseman it's pretty apparent Klay isn't getting all the way back, Draymond has fallen off and Steph is human.

and I just realized tomorrow is Friday the 13th which makes the game 6 even scarier.

All the pressure is on them will be interesting to see if they can overcome it.
Playoff series' seem to have that "uh oh, they figured us out" moment. That loss against the Ja-less Memphis team kinda feels like that moment.

I am hoping the Mavs are kinda feeling like that too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff series' seem to have that "uh oh, they figured us out" moment. That loss against the Ja-less Memphis team kinda feels like that moment.

I am hoping the Mavs are kinda feeling like that too.

I think that moment was the blowout in game 3 when they put Steven Adams in for extended run and realized it caused issues for the Warriors. They still got blown out but it played a big role the rest of the 2 games.

And Tyus Jones is killing us

One of the things they do is target Klay and Poole, especially Klay, on defense. If we manage to get by them I can't imagine who Klay would guard on Phoenix. just no lateral quickness now, a friend of mine describes it perfectly it's like he's playing in hiking boots now. Feel bad for him missing all that time he used to be a terrific defender but right now he just can't stay in front of anybody and in the last 2 games it's been Jones going by him often

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Memphis is not coming back from 3-1. There is no chance in hell they beat the Warriors three times in a row.
There have been a lot of times people thought that before it happened. Obviously the odds are heavily against them, but a 40 point win is a hell of a way to build confidence for doing so.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis is not coming back from 3-1. There is no chance in hell they beat the Warriors three times in a row.
It isn't likely but after you've won the first one, now it's just coming back from 3-2 which happens almost 40% of the time. I think Memphis is the better team but their youth has already cost them in this series and probably will again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give all the credit in the world to Embiid for playing through a really rough injury, but that guy falls down like 10 times a game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give all the credit in the world to Embiid for playing through a really rough injury, but that guy falls down like 10 times a game.

He just fell down again. I didn't see any contact.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Green is out for the rest of the game.

It doesn't look good for 76ers and the fans are booing them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec… if GS loses Game 6 on Friday, they get ANOTHER 3 day break before having to play Game 7 on Monday? And this was after having an unheard of 4 DAY GAP between Game 2 and 3?!

That’s ridiculous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell does Philly do in the off-season? They’re cap strapped, gave up 2 first rounders and are staring at Harden, who I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.

Who the hell even goes after Harden?

Oh… my Dad just called it. Harden is going to be a Laker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah last time we played them this was brought up. Why does he do that. He’s clearly making an effort to fall. Stop trying to bait a foul and just play

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the hell does Philly do in the off-season? They’re cap strapped, gave up 2 first rounders and are staring at Harden, who I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.

God yes

I need that sideshow in my life

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isn't he too young to play on the Lakers?

He has one year left at $47 Million - trade for Westbrook?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't he too young to play on the Lakers?

He has one year left at $47 Million - trade for Westbrook?
Maybe trade your trash for our trash. He might also opt out like an idiot… and then I can see the Lakers signing him for MLE when no one else wants the shell of himself he’s become.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They’ve clearly gone as far as they can. Blow it up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Heat will advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose