The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7-12 from 3 and most of them wide open really bad defensive first quarter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Poole is still a bit woozy between taking that pass off his head and then Bane pushing him right into the screen by Clarke, I think he had 3 turnovers right after that before he came out.

Yes announcer we have come back all series but down 17 the way we're playing I think it's far less likely on the road

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond is single handedly losing this game

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How could you play this uninspired when you have a close out game? Pathetic. Game off o can’t waste time with such ridiculousness.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond awful tonight.

yep cut it to 11 with the ball he turns it over they hit a 3, he turns it over they score, he turns it over they score again and get a 4 point play by rebounding the missed FT. 9-0 run entirely by Draymond's bad passes. The last one he's literally unguarded 4 feet from the basket and forces a pass to Steph who catches it out of bounds.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have have been one of those young and talented teams for years to come, as well as a championship contender, if they had drafted well in 2020.
Guys… if we have a core of Book/Ayton/Bridges and prob Cam Johnson, we’re going to be of those young and talented teams for years to come. That’s a pretty damn good core that will follow this title contending core.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys… if we have a core of Book/Ayton/Bridges and prob Cam Johnson, we’re going to be of those young and talented teams for years to come. That’s a pretty damn good core that will follow this title contending core.
Well, it's good, but hardly the only good young core.

New Orleans, Minnesota, Memphis, Boston, Cleveland are all right there with us.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stuff with Draymond and Ziaire that's Mike Tyson biting the ear IMO. He shot his mouth off fired up Memphis, then he played like crap blew the game wide open and then tried to get kicked out so he didn't have to deal with it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know draymond can score when dared, but he’s the worst scorer on their team. I don’t know why teams don’t just dare him to score the entire game, every game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know draymond can score when dared, but he’s the worst scorer on their team. I don’t know why teams don’t just dare him to score the entire game, every game.
I think that is easier said than done. It's not like you can leave him uncovered, he can make layups, and is a good passer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About as thorough a butt kicking as we've seen in the playoffs. 14 TO's, Memphis is 8-18 from 3, has 16 FT's because they are dominating the O glass they have 13 on O, the Warriors have 15 total(32-15 Memphis). Bane is plus 26 at the half.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Is there ever only one good young core?

You have an MVP candidate in Booker, one of the best defensive players in Bridges, you have a top-three to top-five Center in Ayton. You also have one of the best bench players in Cam J. I really don't know how much better a young core can get.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is easier said than done. It's not like you can leave him uncovered, he can make layups, and is a good passer.

They are leaving him uncovered tonight that one turnover he was literally unguarded 4 feet from the rim and threw it out to Steph at the 3 line, out of bounds.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never said it was the only good young core. But it’s still a really good building block for the future. And New Orleans doesn’t strike all that much fear. McCollum will already be 31 by start of next season. Ingram is consistently injired. And who the hell knows what Zion will ever be.

Memphis is going to be a beast for years though for sure. And once Minnesota turns the keys over to edwards and de emphasizes KAT they’ll be a handful too.

But hopefully this run (and new ownership please please please) and Monty can entice the next big piece to go with our young guns for the next era.

Boston and Cavs have a lot of young talent too but out of conference out of mind for me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If you paid attention to the Grizz this year when Morant was out you would know that they might even play better without him. Their offense flows much better and they are probably even better defensively. That's not to say they are better long term without Morant, but they can be really dangerous for stretches without him.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Another reason I’m pissed is what if other players get Covid from
Kerr in the next few days? It could change the series.

GSW: 14 fouls and 14 tos
Memphis: 7 fouls and 3 tos

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there ever only one good young core?

You have an MVP candidate in Booker, one of the best defensive players in Bridges, you have a top-three to top-five Center in Ayton. You also have one of the best bench players in Cam J. I really don't know how much better a young core can get.
Well, I think we need another star to replace Paul. Maybe Ayton can become that, but I'm not sure yet.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you paid attention to the Grizz this year when Morant was out you would know that they might even play better without him. Their offense flows much better and they are probably even better defensively. That's not to say they are better long term without Morant, but they can be really dangerous for stretches without him.

The primary difference is defense, as their coach said their defense is feeding the offense with all the turnovers and that's in large part because Tyus Jones is playing such good defense.

I suspect Poole was really woozy after taking that ball to the head he had 3 turnovers really quickly after that but they were all forced turnovers. Outside of Draymond most of the turnovers IMO were forced by good defense and even a few of his were they took away the pass he wanted and he threw it away.

This is precisely why I said draymond should not have shot his mouth off, good team playing pissed off.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another reason I’m pissed is what if other players get Covid from
Kerr in the next few days? It could change the series.

GSW: 14 fouls and 14 tos
Memphis: 7 fouls and 3 tos

They actually talked about that on local tv they are fully isolated from Kerr. The NBA only tests players who have symptoms so even if any of them were exposed and got it they won't get tested unless they have symptoms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think we need another star to replace Paul. Maybe Ayton can become that, but I'm not sure yet.
They’ll definitely need a 1b after Paul retires to maintain title contending status. But we’ll have the resume to attract one at that point… at least, better than we’ve ever had before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA