The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also something I had missed but Brown brought it up after the game on local tv. When they interviewed him during the game he said it's been a crazy day and everyone assumed he meant because Kerr came up positive for Covid and Brown had to coach. That was part of it but the part I hadn't heard about is Draymond's good friend and former College teammate Adrian Payne(spelled wrong) was shot to death Monday in Florida in a domestic dispute. Payne was there with his GF to help the GF's friend who was having a domestic dispute with her boyfriend. The boyfriend went back into the house grabbed a gun went out and shot Payne, he later died in the hospital. The shooter said he was fearful for his life because Payne is so big but it sounds like authorities are thinking it's murder not self defense.

Anyhow Draymond honored Payne last night by writing Long Live 5 on his shoes. Brown said it was a very emotional day for Draymond and the whole team and that Jaren Jackson came up to Draymond before the game consoled him. Green today announced hes' donating 100K to start a fund to do something in Payne's name and called on other Michigan State Spartans to donate too.

I completely missed the pregame I assume they talked about it there but I hadn't seen it until after the game last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Bonta Hill who's on the Warriors local tv show said one of the Memphis people is saying they think Ja Morant is out for the rest of the series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Woman Warrior fan tries to stop Draymond Green from getting a T last night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also something I had missed but Brown brought it up after the game on local tv. When they interviewed him during the game he said it's been a crazy day and everyone assumed he meant because Kerr came up positive for Covid and Brown had to coach. That was part of it but the part I hadn't heard about is Draymond's good friend and former College teammate Adrian Payne(spelled wrong) was shot to death Monday in Florida in a domestic dispute. Payne was there with his GF to help the GF's friend who was having a domestic dispute with her boyfriend. The boyfriend went back into the house grabbed a gun went out and shot Payne, he later died in the hospital. The shooter said he was fearful for his life because Payne is so big but it sounds like authorities are thinking it's murder not self defense.

Anyhow Draymond honored Payne last night by writing Long Live 5 on his shoes. Brown said it was a very emotional day for Draymond and the whole team and that Jaren Jackson came up to Draymond before the game consoled him. Green today announced hes' donating 100K to start a fund to do something in Payne's name and called on other Michigan State Spartans to donate too.

I completely missed the pregame I assume they talked about it there but I hadn't seen it until after the game last night.
I remember Payne. That’s awful.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
But Jordan Poole!

It happened on the Klay 3. Poole was a touch foul that made the bruise hurt.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reports are that Ja is out with a bone bruise or something of the sort.

Ja is a great player but this is what I feared with his game. He is so athletic he is prone to injury. He has to land so often from such heights and there is such a potential for damaging collisions.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh great player but I wish Draymond would think before he speaks. Paraphrase he said you are not still playing the T Wolves you're not playing that team anymore this is championship level basketball now.

Last thing you do is give anybody extra motivation, not just Memphis now, but Minnesota in the future.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make that comment after you eliminate the Grizz…

And quite frankly even with Poole, Kuminga and Wiseman I think it's a pretty good bet that Memphis improves more next year than the Warriors do just on the age of the big 3. So the last thing you need to do is give a team that already hates you, more motivation to hate you.

that stuff generally doesn't age well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And quite frankly even with Poole, Kuminga and Wiseman I think it's a pretty good bet that Memphis improves more next year than the Warriors do just on the age of the big 3. So the last thing you need to do is give a team that already hates you, more motivation to hate you.

that stuff generally doesn't age well.

So many good young teams in the West on the way up. The Pelicans and Timberwolves are in that category as well.

If the Clippers ever get healthy they will be off the charts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many good young teams in the West on the way up. The Pelicans and Timberwolves are in that category as well.

If the Clippers ever get healthy they will be off the charts.
I have my doubts that Kahwi will ever play meaningful basketball again. I think he can, I am just not sure he wants to.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my doubts that Kahwi will ever play meaningful basketball again. I think he can, I am just not sure he wants to.

It's sort of ironic. The Clippers have a good coach in Ty Lue but the contracts of George and Leonard limit their upside.

They really have some solid players on their roster otherwise.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sort of ironic. The Clippers have a good coach in Ty Lue but the contracts of George and Leonard limit their upside.

They really have some solid players on their roster otherwise.
Yeah but I think, like teams such as Denver, Utah and Portland, the Clippers will be passed soon by the youth and talent of Memphis and New Orleans. And if we can't get Ayton to be the player we need, they'll pass us by soon too.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Heavyweight fight going on here. Also, no way Giannis makes both of these FT's.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Celtics fight eachother for the rebound and give it right to the Bucks. That's awesome.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Wow Holiday made some ridiculously clutch defensive plays to seal the game.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm sure Tatum loved not touching the ball while Smart was the go to the last 2 possessions?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I think, like teams such as Denver, Utah and Portland, the Clippers will be passed soon by the youth and talent of Memphis and New Orleans. And if we can't get Ayton to be the player we need, they'll pass us by soon too.

The Suns could have have been one of those young and talented teams for years to come, as well as a championship contender, if they had drafted well in 2020.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Is there a worse team in the NBA in the first six minutes of the game than the warriors?

I wish they would just play a full quarter for their warm-up before the game. They’re like bowlers …they need a few frames to get going

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could have have been one of those young and talented teams for years to come, as well as a championship contender, if they had drafted well in 2020.
The only old player on this team is CP3. "could have been" seems a little over the top.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns had drafted well in 2020, they would only need to fill one key position going into the future, either PFOTF or PGOTF.

This would have been a very enviable position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson