Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Evidently, Kidd took a page out of the Pelican playbook and copied the strategy of rotating on offense until they get the matchup they want on Chris. Kidd liked what he had seen in Games 2 and Game 4 of that series. They just want to bang him over and over to wear him down. They think a tired Chris can't score or take over the 4th. It's worked 3 games in a row. Thank goodness other guys stepped up last night and we played a more rounded game. We will need that again.

So, have teams found a recipe for Paul for the rest of the playoffs?
Yeah basically every opponent going forward is just gonna watch the tape of the games we lost.

I will say I’m proud of Monty being willing to change things up this post season when we needed it most.

I like our chances in game six if we can guard the 3 point line well.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My gosh all this whining about the "Luka Special". Listen, if you need locker material to win a series you are not going to win a title. These guys trash talk all the time. If anything, the fans now have something to harass Luka with all game long. If this goes to Game 7 I will be SHOUTING...LUKA SPECIAL...LUKA SPECIAL the entire game. In fact, I am going to shout it every Mavs game from here on out as long as that dude is playing. What is Luka going to do? Keep playing like a super star?

I have a feeling for some reason that Book is going to go off BIG in this next game. It's funny but I have been lurking on the Mavs board. They are just as worried about Booker going off as some about Luka. They should worry about setting Booker off!!!!
Would love to see Book ho off and be THE reason why we closed out the Mavs!
As for “Trash Talking…”. Is saying crap to the fans really considered trash talking? Used to be that trash talking was mainly between players.
Anyway - Go Book!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
After the game, Luka was whining walking in the tunnel that we were "acting tough".

It's all part of the game. If they want to use Luka Special as BB material, fine. I seriously doubt Book gives two craps about it. Just like we can use Luka's antics AND his whining after the game for BB material if we want. I suspect the Suns don't need that.

BBNick takes care of all that just fine.
Again… is Luka the standard by which Book and all others should strive for?
Awwww hell… you just don’t get it.
Sorry I even made the initial comment.
Go Book!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to see Book ho off and be THE reason why we closed out the Mavs!
As for “Trash Talking…”. Is saying crap to the fans really considered trash talking? Used to be that trash talking was mainly between players.
Anyway - Go Book!
He was making fun of Luka with the Luka Special to not only audiences but everyone on the court with him. He knew everyone playing in that game would see it too. He was making a point to the Refs to plant a seed that Luka is dramatic. Not sure why you are struggling with this so much.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the game, Luka was whining walking in the tunnel that we were "acting tough".

It's all part of the game. If they want to use Luka Special as BB material, fine. I seriously doubt Book gives two craps about it. Just like we can use Luka's antics AND his whining after the game for BB material if we want. I suspect the Suns don't need that.

BBNick takes care of all that just fine.
Getting Luka upset just plays into the Suns' hands. It baits him into playing hero ball, and the Suns win that scenario. He is not going to get mad and pass more. My. What hand wringing.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What impressed me most in Game 5 is what I saw out of Shamet at the 1 spot (taking away Payne's minutes). Even though he didn't score much, his methodical dribbling and setting guys up really set the tempo. This is night and day with how he is used earlier in the season with the catch and shoot, where half the time he rushes and never gets set. As a shooter, once a few clank off the rim, your confidence is completely shot. He looked really comfortable out there handling the rock and I think he even got to the line a few times.

I hope Monty sticks with this plan and we only see Payne in garbage time for the rest of this series.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What impressed me most in Game 5 is what I saw out of Shamet at the 1 spot (taking away Payne's minutes). Even though he didn't score much, his methodical dribbling and setting guys up really set the tempo. This is night and day with how he is used earlier in the season with the catch and shoot, where half the time he rushes and never gets set. As a shooter, once a few clank off the rim, your confidence is completely shot. He looked really comfortable out there handling the rock and I think he even got to the line a few times.

I hope Monty sticks with this plan and we only see Payne in garbage time for the rest of this series.
Shamet played focused hard defense too. Cam can be erratic on D. Boyimbo showed an ability to defend out in space and that is a big deal. If we get by this team (don't want to jinx us) I think he is an interesting matchup against Draymond.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He made hard drives, aggressive, drew fouls and free throws. Something none of our other guards have really done consistently.

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CP is taking over game 6...no way this baby going 7
I think suns win Thursday but to say "no way this going 7" is like those thst say team is "due"

Mavs DID win twice at home . So there is a chance Mavs could possibly win Thursday

Go suns
Loyal Booker
Loyal Booker

Lorenzo

Reaction score
To put a finer point on my comments about Book…
I’d feel better about this if he actually trash-talked directly to Luka. My view has always been that if you want to talk trash, talk trash! To the player who you have some ish with! But don’t be a Luka and cry to the crowd, attempting to talk trash about some other player. That’s weak sauce. It makes Book look bad.
I look at guys like Jordan and Bird. Anytime they talked trash - which they are known as two of the top trash-talkers ever, they did it to a player’s face.
Book lowered himself down to the wussy Luka level…. it’s a very bad look that gives some serious locker room material to the Mavs. Weak man…
Booker told Brunson to his face that he was soft. There’s a meme going around with that and booker flopping. Which is what I think makes this ridiculous. Booker, Paul, and Luka are whining and complaining or trash talking and yet they mostly all act the same…especially Paul and Luka. I haven’t previously noticed booker really whining until this series after game 4.

Luka trash talking and making gestures at people… whether to their face or not. I’ve seen plenty of both. That’s kind of the complaint, that he talks too much and let’s everything get under his skin. Maybe that’s just who he is and is what makes him good. I don’t have a problem with it. I only have a problem when he stops playing because of a ref. That’s what he needs to change.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave