UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.29.22 is not very far away.

Can't wait !!
No kidding!

You must be registered for see images

HOWEVER.... If this ends with them all dying in the van crash, I might have to find the writers and beat the crap out of them. Another stupid Sienfeld/New Girl ending I DON'T need! :mad:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching it tonight. All i can say is Wow. Great ending to one great drama series.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great finish.

Going to watch the half hour goodbye video later.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought the ending was disappointing, but I seem to be in the minority. I liked the final season, just didn’t love how it wrapped up.
I was a little disappointed with the ending but still a great show!!! It sucks this show ending and now Better Call Saul is coming to an end. My two favorite shows right now.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the ending was disappointing, but I seem to be in the minority. I liked the final season, just didn’t love how it wrapped up.
There were some things that just felt silly, superfluous, and or "jumping the shark." The van accident ended up being little more than a tease early in season four, then nothing comes of it (I've run on a ton of accidents and there is absolutely no way in hell four people walk away from that unscathed). The hit man rolling up to Ruth's (to kill her) with his car's headlights on and stepping out? Uhhhhhhhh. The Senora taking over the cartel? Uhhhhhhh.... no. Marty, the Casper P. Milquetoast of personalities going and running the cartel? Uhhhhhhhh.... no. And the ending, just who or what did Jonah shoot? The cop? The "urn"? His mom? Why not show it? There's more, but these were the outstanding items for me.

Now, yes, I understand it's a TV show and being as such, grant an lot of liberties to it. But c'mon!

BTW, while I figured Ruth would bite it in the end, it just didn't feel right about the way they did it.

All.... and I do mean ALL..... in my humble opinion, of course.

p.s. I still loved the series and there were more high points than low points in the final 7 episodes. They could easily run an additional 10 episodes about Marty, Wendy and the kids and what happens to them.

p.p.s. I really wanted Wendy's dad to take a shot to the head. What a di ck!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wish they had done an alternate ending. I watched the 30-minute goodbye video and originally it was planned as a 10-episode season that ended much differently. Then it got split and extended to 14 episodes and they made some creative decisions.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wish they had done an alternate ending. I watched the 30-minute goodbye video and originally it was planned as a 10-episode season that ended much differently. Then it got split and extended to 14 episodes and they made some creative decisions.
I am not sure how you guys wanted it to end. I don't think there is some magical ending they left out there that would have made almost everybody happy. I liked it as it came full circle for the family story. That story was the core of the whole series.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how you guys wanted it to end. I don't think there is some magical ending they left out there that would have made almost everybody happy. I liked it as it came full circle for the family story. That story was the core of the whole series.
I am fine with the ending. I was just speaking to those I've heard who were unimpressed. To me, it made perfect sense. After all they have been through - the Byrde family stuck together and protected one another.

Hearing some of the details of what would have been different without the additional 4 episodes was kind of interesting.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just who or what did Jonah shoot? The cop? Wendy? Marty? The urn? We don't know HOW it ended, really. As I noted above, my other complaints were relatively minor, The series was awesome, indeed.... but a more definitive last 15 seconds would have made it better, IMHO)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just who or what did Jonah shoot? The cop? Wendy? Marty? The urn? We don't know HOW it ended, really. As I noted above, my other complaints were relatively minor, The series was awesome, indeed.... but a more definitive last 15 seconds would have made it better, IMHO)

He had no reason to shoot his parents at that point. They were going to jail, why would he also go to jail for murder? He knew for a long time about Ben. He could've killed them long ago and not in front of somebody. He had the gun pointed at Sattem, so I think he did shoot them. I also think this somewhat open ended final scene, like the Sopranos, is for people to talk about it.

I think Wendy finally breaking down and confessing and asking for forgiveness from the kids is what makes Jonah being loyal, a true Byrde, somewhat logical. And, for me, gratifying.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had no reason to shoot his parents at that point. They were going to jail, why would he also go to jail for murder? He knew for a long time about Ben. He could've killed them long ago and not in front of somebody. He had the gun pointed at Sattem, so I think he did shoot them. I also think this somewhat open ended final scene, like the Sopranos, is for people to talk about it.

I think Wendy finally breaking down and confessing and asking for forgiveness from the kids is what makes Jonah being loyal, a true Byrde, somewhat logical. And, for me, gratifying.
Maybe you're right on the ending....... or not. My point was that a little more clarity would have been nice, IMHO. And with Jonah being an absolute pain in the backside the last two seasons, who knows/

But note too that i really did love the series and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. :cheers:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As the screen fades to black we hear a gunshot. But who, or what, did Jonah shoot? Did he shoot Sattem, or did he shoot the cookie jar to destroy the only evidence against his family that exists? Some have speculated that Jonah, with the keenest sense of justice among them, wouldn't have shot dead Sattem.

If you go by what showrunner Chris Mundy says, Jonah shot Sattem. Mundy told Vanity Fair that Jonah's murder of Sattem showed "the family being brought back together through this act of violence." But that killing isn't shown on the screen, so is ultimately left open-ended.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave