Jim Nagy on the Cards Draft

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jim Nagy is a senior executive over the Senior Bowl.
Here are his comments on the Cards draft:

Jim Nagy

@JimNagy_SB

Cards’ GM Steve Keim had one of most underrated drafts. Here’s what fans can expect from ‘22 class:

TE Tre McBride- Immediate contributor in pass game. Skilled successor to Ertz.

OLB Cam Thomas- Young, long & versatile. Can disrupt from multiple alignments.

EDGE Myjai Sanders- Twitched-up/high upside rusher. Get-off . Should contribute Year 1 in sub packages. Steal at Pick No. 100.

G/C Lecitus Smith- Most athletic guard on Cards roster as rookie. Good 2nd level ability to cross-train at center. Eventual starter tools.

LB Jesse Luketa- Could play all 4 LB spots for Cards. Too good of a football player to last until 7th round. Good chance to roster.

OG Marquis Hayes- Guard-only. Big man w/ unique length (35 1/2 arms) for interior. Plays square & can move people. At minimum, a solid backup.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Jim Nagy is a senior executive over the Senior Bowl.
Here are his comments on the Cards draft:

Jim Nagy

@JimNagy_SB

Cards’ GM Steve Keim had one of most underrated drafts. Here’s what fans can expect from ‘22 class:

TE Tre McBride- Immediate contributor in pass game. Skilled successor to Ertz.

OLB Cam Thomas- Young, long & versatile. Can disrupt from multiple alignments.

EDGE Myjai Sanders- Twitched-up/high upside rusher. Get-off . Should contribute Year 1 in sub packages. Steal at Pick No. 100.

G/C Lecitus Smith- Most athletic guard on Cards roster as rookie. Good 2nd level ability to cross-train at center. Eventual starter tools.

LB Jesse Luketa- Could play all 4 LB spots for Cards. Too good of a football player to last until 7th round. Good chance to roster.

OG Marquis Hayes- Guard-only. Big man w/ unique length (35 1/2 arms) for interior. Plays square & can move people. At minimum, a solid backup.
I am curious what his comments are about the other teams. If he is positive about everyone else too as some kind of PR for his position and the Senior Bowl, then it holds little substance. I personally do like our draft for what the draft is, which is like throwing darts in the dark with a intermittent strobe light giving you a glimpse of the direction of the board every other unexpected blink of the eye lol

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am curious what his comments are about the other teams. If he is positive about everyone else too as some kind of PR for his position and the Senior Bowl, then it holds little substance. I personally do like our draft for what the draft is, which is like throwing darts in the dark with a intermittent strobe light giving you a glimpse of the direction of the board every other unexpected blink of the eye lol
I would think he is pretty positive on most players given his position. However, I do think that the Cards draft is underrated.