Mavericks @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-10-2022 - Game 5

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year’s run was really special… the comeback down 2-1 v. The Lakers where we just kicked the crap out of them in 3 straight, leading to the Suns In 4 rout of the Nuggets to overcoming Chris’ Covid and taking a 2-0 lead on that incredible inbounds jam to win it and then on to the finals and what looked like an untouchable 2-0 lead.

They were just playing their best basketball of the season after going down 1-2 to the Lakers, on a torrid 11-2 clip, with blowouts and buzzer beaters galore… and that’s the last I usually think about them.

This playoffs so far has been a FREAKING GRIND. Games won get more sighs of relief than exultation so far.
Almost wish Monty was slighted again on coach of the year honors.. lol That team just had a fire about em...

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree with alot of insights that have been posted.

First thing i'll be looking for is how the Suns plan to defend. Will they continue to over-protect the paint by sagging off their shooters? We have rim protectors and quality defenders in general. Let them dribble drive to the rim one on one and force a tough shot. Don't collapse on the ball so quickly and give them open 3's.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly just don’t have a good feeling about this team. It’s like everybody just forgot how to play. I’ve never seen anything like it.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns nation….for the second time in 4 months, I have Covid lol. No Suns game for me tonight. Please cheer your ever loving hearts out tonight but don’t wake up the babies lol. Love this message board even though we’re all hooligans. C’mon boys!!!! LFG.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns nation….for the second time in 4 months, I have Covid lol. No Suns game for me tonight. Please cheer your ever loving hearts out tonight but don’t wake up the babies lol. Love this message board even though we’re all hooligans. C’mon boys!!!! LFG.

Please get well soon.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You got this. Rest well. Get back soon!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The TNT app is an absolute disaster. I constantly get black screens with audio. And every time we have a game I have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Just did it again tonight and the East live feed is good but the west one was black.

To top that off halfway through the game I’ll get that annoying “Are You Still Watching?” garbage.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last years team didn’t have the expectations this years team does. That little bit of pressure is a totally different animal when your the projected favorites. A lot of guys playing tight and it shows imo. Last year we were young with nothing to lose first time in playoffs for most of the team. Hopefully we respond tonight like we are CAPABLE of!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The TNT app is an absolute disaster. I constantly get black screens with audio. And every time we have a game I have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Just did it again tonight and the East live feed is good but the west one was black.

To top that off halfway through the game I’ll get that annoying “Are You Still Watching?” garbage.
My YouTube tv has been a struggle at times with Roku... I wonder if we got some mass glitch digitizing going on in the 5g world. Thank the vaxxers and their microchips.

:p

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got Reggie Miller back! Thank God...

Not for his broadcasting abilities...just his luck he brings us so far. Lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's take care of business.

Almost game time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A foul on Ayton right off the bat.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So your 7 foot center can’t even lower his shoulder and go strong yet Giannis can go full speed and knock guys over and get an offensive foul

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges hits a 3P to put Suns ahead 3-2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson