Bold predictions for the 2022 season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not surprising when the same people don't think Billy Price is an upgrade on Sean Harlow.
I give you great credit. I don’t know how you find the time to speak so authoritatively about EVERY player that comes up in conversation. I mean, do you squeeze the billyy price’s game tape in on Sunday nights?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Enough to know you're just being difficult.
Hmm see my previous post.

Mind you, as I’ve said, I haven’t watched brooks enough to know if he’s better or worse, but I think I’ve just shown how relying on stats to prove or disprove that theory can be faulty.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmm see my previous post.

Mind you, as I’ve said, I haven’t watched brooks enough to know if he’s better or worse, but I think I’ve just shown how relying on stats to prove or disprove that theory can be faulty.
I'd agree to an extent if he was league average in pass defense, but a 118 QB rating means that over a season, whenever he was targeted, the QB played at a league best average. Aaron Rodgers led the league with a 111 QB rating. Objectively, Jordyn Brooks is awful defending the pass.

Not much wiggle room there.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We start 5-7. Then win 4 of 6 and sneak into the playoff as the worst playoff team ever, again.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the whole board will be calling for Kliffs head the first half of the season and that we end up winning a playoff game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhere between week one and five Kyler will panic unnecessarily on multiple occasions. One of those occasions He will scramble out of the pocket and get hit and contorted in a way that he blows every tendon and ligament in his knee. such a severe injury That it will risk his career and we just gave him close to 200 million guaranteed…..

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Somewhere between week one and five Kyler will panic unnecessarily on multiple occasions. One of those occasions He will scramble out of the pocket and get hit and contorted in a way that he blows every tendon and ligament in his knee. such a severe injury That it will risk his career and we just gave him close to 200 million guaranteed…..
Thanks for the nightmare fuel.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You definitely seem like the type to care more about this than the players’ overall health lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I give you great credit. I don’t know how you find the time to speak so authoritatively about EVERY player that comes up in conversation. I mean, do you squeeze the billyy price’s game tape in on Sunday nights?

The NFL is a meritocracy.

I know, with 100% certainty, that a 27 year with nearly 2500 career snaps, 55 games and 38 starts is better than a guy that is 27 years old, only played 1 snap in the NFL before landing on our PS last year.

Everyone should know that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The NFL is a meritocracy.

I know, with 100% certainty, that a 27 year with nearly 2500 career snaps, 55 games and 38 starts is better than a guy that is 27 years old, only played 1 snap in the NFL before landing on our PS last year.

Everyone should know that.
This is hilarious. Definitely explains why Blaine Gabbert still has a job in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Definitely explains why Blaine Gabbert still has a job in the NFL.

Ah, the old "Outlier to disprove a rule" thing. Cool.

Gabbert doesn't start though does he? And there are more factors that go into backup QB than peak talent.

There's no scenario (outside a long suspension) where there are two guys of 27 and one had nearly 4 times as many career games as the other but the guy that has barely played is better. None.

Harlow lost his Falcons role to that well known superstar Drew Dalman who was a rookie last year. SMH.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd agree to an extent if he was league average in pass defense, but a 118 QB rating means that over a season, whenever he was targeted, the QB played at a league best average. Aaron Rodgers led the league with a 111 QB rating. Objectively, Jordyn Brooks is awful defending the pass.

Not much wiggle room there.
Again I’m not arguing brooks was good or even better than Simmons. I’m arguing that relying solely on stats is faulty argumentation. One of the stats you provided in support of your argument was yards allowed. I just showed I’d they each faced the same number of targets at their existing rate that would’ve favored brooks. In other words, stats alone don’t really tell an accurate story. I doubt any of us watched every game of brooks last year. I have no idea if he played with an injury. I have no idea what the scheme demands of him. And we’ve completely ignored impact in the run game and maintaining scheme integrity, etc.

Again, I’m not arguing brooks v Simmons. I’m criticizing the heavy reliance on a handful of stats in making definitive statements of this guy or that guy in a game with so many variables and a lot of inherent subjectivity.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again I’m not arguing brooks was good or even better than Simmons. I’m arguing that relying solely on stats is faulty argumentation. One of the stats you provided in support of your argument was yards allowed. I just showed I’d they each faced the same number of targets at their existing rate that would’ve favored brooks. In other words, stats alone don’t really tell an accurate story. I doubt any of us watched every game of brooks last year. I have no idea if he played with an injury. I have no idea what the scheme demands of him. And we’ve completely ignored impact in the run game and maintaining scheme integrity, etc.

Again, I’m not arguing brooks v Simmons. I’m criticizing the heavy reliance on a handful of stats in making definitive statements of this guy or that guy in a game with so many variables and a lot of inherent subjectivity.
Brooks was better against the run. Lower missed tackle rate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah, the old "Outlier to disprove a rule" thing. Cool.

Gabbert doesn't start though does he? And there are more factors that go into backup QB than peak talent.

There's no scenario (outside a long suspension) where there are two guys of 27 and one had nearly 4 times as many career games as the other but the guy that has barely played is better. None.

Harlow lost his Falcons role to that well known superstar Drew Dalman who was a rookie last year. SMH.
Well it’s typically not always a meritocracy early in players careers. First round picks are almost always given the benefit of the doubt and started over lesser draft picks and FAs unless there’s a shocking disparity in production. Your argument also falls flat in its failure to consider that players aren’t on the same team and are competing with different players for playing time and different schemes, etc. there’s too many variables for anyone to make such definitive statements as you make imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sadly Blaine Gabbert is probably one of the 40 top QBs on the planet. He has had moments where he has played pretty well...granted it's only moments, but it's enough that people still want him around.

Arians made a comment this off-season about Gabbert being capable of taking over for Brady...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sadly Blaine Gabbert is probably one of the 40 top QBs on the planet. He has had moments where he has played pretty well...granted it's only moments, but it's enough that people still want him around.

Arians made a comment this off-season about Gabbert being capable of taking over for Brady...

Probably not. I mean, Arians said that same kind of stuff about my guy Drew Stanton. He's not afraid to pump up whatever QB1 happens to be on top of his board at the time.

Doesn't just have to be Blaine Gabbert. It's impossible to claim that the NFL is a pure meritocracy when Kaep still doesn't have a job but, like, Sean Mannion does. Chase Daniel has made $41.3 million. Like, c'mon.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably not. I mean, Arians said that same kind of stuff about my guy Drew Stanton. He's not afraid to pump up whatever QB1 happens to be on top of his board at the time.

Doesn't just have to be Blaine Gabbert. It's impossible to claim that the NFL is a pure meritocracy when Kaep still doesn't have a job but, like, Sean Mannion does. Chase Daniel has made $41.3 million. Like, c'mon.

The NFL is a meritocracy*

* When you don't do drugs, or hit women, or call the NFL a racist organisation. Or if you're not a backup QB which encompasses more qualities than your ability.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
True.
Not disputing this claim at all.

But it is a stretch to claim Harlow > Price.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kaepernick has done enough to sabotage his own career.
strangest thing was Kaep admitting he has never voted. What's with all this activism if you won't even go through the effort to vote?

attention seeker with no plan or thought process. Media cared more than Collin ever did.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media