Why I Liked Sanders

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Guys who get tons of pressures, tend to get sacks over time. I'd still rather a guy who gets 5 sacks and 20 pressures than a guy who gets 10 sacks and 5 pressures.

Anyone remember Bert Berry's numbers from 2008? He had like 7 sacks that year, but only like 7 pressures. Sure he got sacks when he was in position, but he didn't consistently pressure the QB.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember watching the Bearcats defense just destroy UCF last year. They had so much talent on that side of the ball. That game was over before it started. They were in Keene's head all game long.

:cry:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like a M. Golden type.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a Marcus Golden type.

I Think THOMAS is a bit more MARKUS.

Thomas had 10½ sacks and 20½ tackles for loss last season for the Aztecs after moving back out to his natural edge spot following his work as an interior defensive lineman earlier in his college career. He can play both comfortably, Thomas said, but "I'm an edge rusher."

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like both Sanders and Thomas. Each might not be as good as Chandlers was but they might combine to equal his sack numbers. Additionally Golden is an excellent OLB. He is very underrated.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Explain why.
I tell you ny opinion from what i saw
The only thing in common, both are a liability against the run, Golden cause is too slow and Sanders cause need to get stronger
Sanders is much more athletic, he has the first step and speed to take advantage, not a bender but despite being undersized he use well his hands disingaging from the lineman

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Explain why.
In some ways they are similar. They both began their careers better at pressures than closing the deal. Golden has improved enough to hit double digit sacks. Sanders has that same potential, perhaps more, as he’s more agile than Golden. As to playing the run, both are not strong but Sanders has better focus and once the coaching staff gets ahold of him I expect him to increase his strength and effectiveness against the run. Sanders also has more willingness against the run IMO.
I also think, overall, Sanders is a better athlete. I expect Thomas to contribute as well. They won’t combine to be Jones in his prime, but keep in mind he was no longer in his prime. They both should be assets. They are both high energy players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't expect Thomas or Sanders will ever be peak Jones.

But I also don't think they stop us drafting Edge next year. I think drafting a top tier Edge is still on the Cards and that Sanders, Thomas and Gardeck become our 2, 3 and 4 guys and Golden and Kennard move on.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like good energy guys. Only time will tell if they amount to solid players. I do believe that the one that picks up their responsibility faster will play more. Vance doesn’t like “athletic liabilities”. See the past two years with our #1 draft picks the last two years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose