Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here's my response from the Billy Price thread. The criterion to evaluate the potential signing has to be is he better than Harlow and is he the same cost? I suppose you could also add, is there any other player available in free agency that is better than Price at the same cost?
Watch out, this post is too positive.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
<Sigh>

I'm not going to go out persecution complex like the Darksiders do and whine and cry about how everyone is attacking me (even though I'm called about by name here).

Last offseason I hated letting Reddick walk. Also wanted a guard to be brought in.

This year, I'm shocked they haven't done more to replace Chandler.
Nah, you're just going to baselessly and needlessly attack Darksiders. Classy look, bro.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nah, you're just going to baselessly and needlessly attack Darksiders. Classy look, bro.
No attack here. I love you guys, but there is constant complaints of being attacked, whereas I just got called out by name LOL.

You don't see me say @Stout, @cheesebeef, etc in my posts. I avoid that tactic and make general statements instead. If you feel you have a persecution complex, you can be offended or not LOL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
<Sigh>

I'm not going to go out persecution complex like the Darksiders do and whine and cry about how everyone is attacking me (even though I'm called about by name here).

Last offseason I hated letting Reddick walk. Also wanted a guard to be brought in.

This year, I'm shocked they haven't done more to replace Chandler.
Fair enough. And you gotta have thicker skin if you’re going to call out others all the time, cmon man.

And just an FYI, your denial of going persecution is literally doing so in a passive manner

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually enjoy the back and forth with you guys. Respect all of you!
Back at ya. I rarely take any of it personally. I just have a strong streak of fair play and justice that may get me into tangles if I think there’s disparate treatment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Back at ya. I rarely take any of it personally. I just have a strong streak of fair play and justice that may get me into tangles if I think there’s disparate treatment.
Both sides are guilty of misrepresentation at times.

I mean, there are a few posters that love everything, but even the most positive will have some worries.

Stout

Reaction score
No attack here. I love you guys, but there is constant complaints of being attacked, whereas I just got called out by name LOL.

You don't see me say @Stout, @cheesebeef, etc in my posts. I avoid that tactic and make general statements instead. If you feel you have a persecution complex, you can be offended or not LOL.
There was literally no need for you to mention Darksiders. You needlessly brought them up to...cause agitation? Passive aggressively bash a segment of the board? For no good reason?

Then you follow it up with "if you have a persecution complex..."

This is just weak sauce BS. Passive insult, followed by a passive insult if anybody dislikes the initial insult. Cheap shot hidden in a different post. Give it a rest.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hudson just needs to stay healthy
It’s not often that Cardinal players are blessed with the ability to avoid injury, especially aging ones. Bringing in Price is hopefully a better solution than what we had to depend on last year. I watched a replay of the Colts game yesterday. Hudson was out, Max had to fill in. He had 2 critical holding calls that nullified 1st downs & ended drives. He also was the the reason for a safety with an awful snap. And since we had to move Max to center, Jones had to play RG. He had 3 false move penalties & was consistently pushed back into Kyler’s lap. Conner was injured, so we had to count on Edmonds to get short yardage on numerous 3rd/4th down plays with almost no push from our IOL. Add 2 asinine roughing penalties by CJ, and Prater missing out on 7 points (long snapper out), and that loss just killed us. With a healthy Hudson or a decent backup, I think we win that game by 3 touchdowns.

Stout

Reaction score
Same. When I see a post (in general--I'm not referring to a specific post now) with shade thrown in there for no good reason, I tend to respond.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same. When I see a post (in general--I'm not referring to a specific post now) with shade thrown in there for no good reason, I tend to respond.
I think we all do.

My overall view is that sometimes the team will bring in players that struggled elsewhere....but they are still better than what they have.

Hernandez and maybe Price are examples of this. Price actually had a higher PFF grade than Hudson, and was substantially better than Garcia. So he might actually be an upgrade if PFF is correct.

But others will look at his move and because he isn't a good-great player and they just pan it. I think that's a very narrow view. As a fan, we all have a general understanding of how the salary cap works, but few of us have an understanding of who the people are and how they fit into the team as a whole.

I'm most concerned about WR because of Hopkins, and pass rush because of Chandler Jones' departure. The Cardinals do have some WR depth, but the reality is the team struggled mightily without Hopkins so it remains to be seen if they will be ok without him for six weeks. Jones was a nonfactor for large stretches of the season and he was a part of the struggles against the run, but finishing sacks is still more important overall than hurries or knockdowns. I think the pass rush takes a step back, which could impact the entire defense overall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose