Starts and Ends with Chris Paul

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game 3: 4 points 7 turnovers

Game 4: 5 points 6 fouls

I don’t want to hear about Ayton, Cam Johnson, Cam Payne, Booker leaving his man on defense

Chris Paul in these last two games hasn’t been bad he’s been flat out embarrassing. You want to know why we lost it’s right there.

I don’t know what’s going on with him if he’s hurt than Monty can’t keep running him out there. He’s killing us. This is why you don’t give 36 year old players 90 million dollars no matter how much you like them. He’s breaking down.

This team hasn’t looked right since they clinched the 1 seed. Honestly I just feel sad part of me hopes they win and part of me hopes they lose because they just don’t deserve it they don’t want it. You can look at all them and tell

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree Paul has been bad the last two. I disagree that they don’t want it! Ayton and a few guys have not looked properly amped up. But Booker and Paul, Crowder they want it badly but an tans get are two different things. I think Monty is dooming us with his short rotation garbage, why did you play the bench all year to get them ready for playoffs then not play them? With as bad as Payne has played and VP3 the last two games how on earth has Holiday not gotten minutes? Seriously wtf is Monty doing? This game was a prime example **** Paul actually fouled out and Payne was bad and he still didn’t put Holiday in? We got back up PGs to limit minutes and protect Paul and Monty just not using them. This is a coaching failure period! Kidd schooled Monty the past few days!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns fault for believing an old PG and a terrible back up PG could be the answer. Should have went all out to find an answer but just ran it back instead.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry. But I'm not gonna blame the 37 year old who has won a couple games single handedly for us already... We've been trash across the board. This would be like blaming Nash in the hay day. That team was nothing without him. Same goes here. Unfortunately.

Lol of course your not.

And yeah Steve Nash was abused on defense regularly

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Paul is now an aging point guard who’s too old for the money we’re paying him?

Come on. He was historically good a few games ago. He’ll bounce back like he always does.

If you’ve been paying attention Paul has been having 1 great game 1 bad game. He can’t sustain his great play anymore

Now if only we had quality back up point guards so he could get some rest.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Paul is now an aging point guard who’s too old for the money we’re paying him?

Come on. He was historically good a few games ago. He’ll bounce back like he always does.
Who said that? It's that we've been crap for organically building a winner. It's never been our forte since I've been alive.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A caliber backup pg sure would be nice every fan knows who i mean lol

If suns lose this round hope address issue in offseason

Hope doesnt cost suns tbis yr

Ughhhh crappy n man :(

Least kyler cards close tryin find good news im super bummed

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you’ve been paying attention Paul has been having 1 great game 1 bad game. He can’t sustain his great play anymore

So now I’m not paying attention?

Sure, coming from the guy that thinks DA isn’t doing anything wrong. Ok.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol we do have back up PGs just a coach who only want a to play one and run CP3 too many minutes constantly. Heaven forbid Holiday and Payne get minutes and limit Paul until the 4th that would be way to smart for our HC…

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad that these games don’t just ruin my day anymore. I don’t know where or how it happened, but it makes watching sports so much easier.
Agreed. Don't know when it happened, but I think it took me about 1 hour to get over the Phoenix Suns finals loss last year and just appreciate the long run. What I actually can't believe is that as poorly as we've played for the most part over the last 2 games we've been right in them in the 4th quarter. If I didn't look at the score at all over the last 2 games I would have assumed we were down by 20+ the entire time.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I used to watch the Suns (and the NBA in general) up until a decade or so ago. It's not just the Suns, the NBA is almost unwatchable to me. Today I watched the Suns for the first time in I can't remember when. Yeah, it was my fault, sorry about that, it won't happen again :)

How did this team have the best record in the league?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to watch the Suns (and the NBA in general) up until a decade or so ago. It's not just the Suns, the NBA is almost unwatchable to me. Today I watched the Suns for the first time in I can't remember when. Yeah, it was my fault, sorry about that, it won't happen again :)

How did this team have the best record in the league?
It’s dumbfounding the difference between what this team looked like right before they clinched the best record and EVERYTHING that’s come after the last two months.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s dumbfounding the difference between what this team looked like right before they clinched the best record and EVERYTHING that’s come after the last two months.

I’ve never seen a team just turn it off like they did.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
uh, yeah, "it starts and ends with Chris Paul"
...our 2021 and 2022 regular seasons did
...our playoff run to the finals last year did
...our series with the Pelicans did
...our first 2 wins against the Mavs did
...our 2 losses against the Mavs did
...and our next 2 wins against the Mavs WILL

3 days ago a high profile tv analyst said Paul was the MVP of the playoffs so far, and he was right

put on your big boy pants
he's been putting his on for 2 years here
and the first time an opposing team figures out how to rattle him for a few games
a few of you have to change your pampers

aside from the other old vet, Crowder, the whole Suns team has been rattled in Dallas,
and factors have included the crowd, the refs going the crowd's way on close calls, and Doncic forcing calls with his act

if we were in Phoenix Paul would have probably gotten 2 of those calls his way and Luka may have fouled out. in any case, we've got 1 or 2 games in phx left in a tied series

anyone who can't handle the heat should take up a less stressful hobby like stamp collecting

and, btw, if it ends with Dallas or Golden State, it will end because, besides for Paul and Booker (and sometimes Ayton, and only Crowder for the last 2 games), our supporting cast has under-performed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose